Harry Potter is the protagonist of the popular fantasy book series (of the same name) written by J. K. Rowling from 1997 to 2007. Despite (or perhaps because of) being a massive phenomenon that rivaled even Pokémon and Sonic the Hedgehog, Chris never got into the series. As a result, it is one of the few mainstream works that never got bastardized in Sonichu. It is also notable that Chris hates the series with an illogical passion.
Chris and the series
As with his hatred of the HEXBox, Chris's hatred of Harry Potter is highly irrational and based primarily on a warped version of brand loyalty. Chris's hatred of Harry Potter grew out of the incorrect assumption that the books had destroyed the Pokémon fad. This is highly bizarre, as anyone who was a kid in the late 1990s knows that the mortal enemy of Pokémon was Digimon (which Chris didn't mind). One can safely assume that Chris, being highly ignorant of the literary world beyond Goosebumps, did not even become aware of the existence of the series until the first movie was released in 2001.
Mentions by Chris
- Most notable is the "Dark Christian" card from the Wall of Originals, which has a special ability that allows it to instantly win if the opponent likes Harry Potter, or if the opponent seems to like Harry Potter.
- Chris placed a Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone PSone game for sale on eBay on 2 April 2008, but failed to sell it.
- While attempting to promote his owly collaboration with The Wallflower, Chris put aside his dislike of the franchise to compare the talking owls in his planned story to the non-talking owls in Harry Potter and the non-existent owls in The Lord of the Rings.
- Chris and Jackie also discussed Harry Potter; Chris said his dislike of the series was "water under the bridge now" and "stupid". He also seemed interested in the Lego Harry Potter game.
- Jackie also got Chris to make the video "I put on my Wizard's cloak and magic hat" (she requested the title "i put on my robe and wizard hat"): Chris dresses up as a wizard and states that he is from Hogwarts. He also threatens to use a "spell or two" on those who have cursed his name.