|The dimensional merge is upon us! It has been suggested that this article should be merged with Chris and science. Discuss on the talk page.|
|“||I EXCELLED IN MATH TOO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!||”|
|Chris, on his Wikipedia page|
Mathematics ("math" or "maths" for short) is the study of quantity, numbers, space, and change. As with many autistics, Chris displays a fascination with numbers, but despite his honor roll status, he has a weak grasp on the subject. There are countless examples of his mathematical errors, including errors of basic arithmetic, as well as quantity, measurement, weight, and time.
Chris on mathematics
Chris has stated on at least one occasion that his math education goes all the way up to college Trigonometry, which shows that at some point he's also learned at least some college-level algebra and geometry, as they are both prerequisites to a typical trigonometry course. He has bragged to Julie about how he's "a pretty good math genius." He claims he received A's in his math classes. However, he hasn't used his supposed talent to his advantage by getting a job in a technical field. On his Wikipedia page, he cited his mathematical talent as proof he should have received an award at graduation. In Mumble 2, he said he got into a car crash while doing math in his head.
Examples of Chris's Mathematical Blunders
- Planet Dolan artist VimHomless made a post joking about how butts are greater than water (written as "Butts > Water"), to which Chris took to mean, taking the greater than symbol (>) to mean less than (<), "Water is more important than butts". Considering the post was made by a porn artist, and one which Chris follows no less, it is more than shocking to see that he couldn't have made this connection. Two days after that post was made, Chris made another response to 2D animator Spinalpalm, in which he says that salted butter is better than unsalted butter (written as Salted butter > Unsalted butter). This time around, Chris actually understood the underlying message, and agreed with Spinalpalm about the topic, meaning that he must have figured out the meaning of the greater than symbol after several other users corrected him.
- CWCville's currency is made up of "C-quarters" and "W-quarters". According to the Sonichu canon, 10 C-quarters make up a single W-quarter, which makes no sense considering what the word "quarter" means.
- When a clerk told Chris he was $2 short of affording his junk food, he was left dumbfounded as to what he should do. Another customer in line gave Chris $2 to make up the deficit, and instead of handing it to the clerk to pay off his debt, Chris simply took that money, the food, and left the store over everyone's protests.
- According to Chris, if he lived in Equestria, he'd be 1,050 years old, because one year on Equestria is equal to 30 Earth Years, while Night Star is 19 years old in human years, but 570 in pony years.  Because Chris has this fixation for his birthdate, he decided to give her the birth date, 24 February, 1982, which is apparently the year 967 in Pony Years. Only checking after he's made his statement, Chris did the math to confirm this. In a later Facebook post, Chris stated that 30 out of 365.25 Earth Days is equal to 11 Earth Days for each birthday, in reality, 30 ÷ 365.25 is approximately eight-hundreths. Even more pathetic is how he wrote the quotient as divided 30 by 365 instead of the other way around, and still got it wrong, as 365.25 ÷ 30 is equal to 12.175, which cannot be rounded down to 11. In his flawed math though, he had found that her actual birth date in Pony years should be 19 February, 939.
- In Sonichu 10, the 4-cent_garbage.com tower collapses, with 1,500 people in it. According to Chris, 500 were "prefectly [sic] unharmed"; 250 were too drunk to escape on their own (125 of these drunk trolls managed to get out alive with help from sober trolls, while 125 of the drunk trolls were hurt, injured or killed); 125 sober trolls were hurt, injured or killed; 250 others were injured; 150 others were "safe but hurt"; and 100 were killed. Not only are we left in the dark about what happened to the 125 drunk troll casualties, this total also only accounts for 1,375 people.
- When exercising by lifting two boxes of 12-pack lemonade, he estimated that the 4.26 liters of lemonade he was lifting weighed about 50 pounds, when in fact this volume of water weighs less than ten.
- In the chair lifting video, Chris claimed the chair he was lifting weighed "a grand number of pounds."
- Chris repeatedly claims to have D-cup breasts. In his breast massage video, Chris measures his chest and underbust as 44 and 40 inches respectively, and says that makes him a D cup. In reality, it makes him a B cup. Also, the conventional method for breast measurement does not work for trans women, mainly because of chest girth, so Chris is actually closer to an A cup.
- In the famous Father Call, Chris seemed to believe a dog house made of plastic and wood weighed 5 to 10 tons (10,000-20,000 pounds), and was heavier than any tombstone (which tend to weigh an average of about 80 pounds). Essentially, Chris believes that plastic and wood would weigh more than solid stone.
- After walking 8 miles to and from the post office, Chris vastly underestimated the entire journey to have only been 2 miles.
- Chris has tried to describe a number of everyday things like love and respect using all kinds of scales and numbers. His most famous example, the Heart Level, measures his emotional state. Another example, the Scale of Respect is meant to be used to measure Chris' respect for certain individuals.
- In one of Chris's early maps of CWCVille, the dimensions of its sectors/divisions are clearly out of scale. Even with Chris's reassurance that his CADD skills are at play, it's pretty easy for even a child to point out the errors in his judgement.
- In Sonichu #1, Black Sonichu is supposed to spin-dash at 200 rotations per minute, which is supposed to mean that he does it at high speeds. This actually roughly translates to 3 per second.
- In one of his tirades towards the Xbox, Chris said that the angle of half a circle is 120º, then revised his claim to 130º.
- Chris's reports of how much Cherokee blood he has have been inconsistent. When he emailed Jackie, he stated he was 1/16 Cherokee, but he later told Regina that he was 1/32 Cherokee. Finally, when talking to Emily, he claimed Bob was at least one-fourth Cherokee, which would make Chris at least one-eighth Cherokee, not 1/16 or 1/32.
- To avoid assigning an "unlucky number" to his Night Star comic, Chris decided to number the comic as Sonichu #12-9, using an em-dash in place a decimal point. This could make sense if it referred to the ninth part of the issue, but Chris clearly intends it as a fractional amount of "almost 13".
Statistics & Probability
- Chris coined the term "Infinitely-High Boyfriend-Factor", the probability that a woman he is trying to latch onto isn't single, in which he claims that he doesn't hate only one 4 billionth of all males.
- January 2018 tweets
- November 2017 Patreon posts#Night Star's age
- Chris humps his PS3