the title of the page is "Asperger syndrome" but it's consistently referred to as "Asperger's syndrome" throughout the article. should this be edited for consistency or does it even matter -Phlegethon 00:42, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
The TRUE and HONEST spelling is "Asperger syndrome", but I don't think it really matters which we use. -EtonpilfAnetah 5 July 2010
Do we really needs that page? Chris is surely raging against autism but until he gave us more on the subject than his "Foaming at the Mouth" tirade, I don't see the utility.
- I think there's enough out there to make a halfway decent article on this. I also think that there's no way this article could currently be considered "halfway decent".--Beat 04:50, 8 December 2009 (CET)
- Yes. There's Chris's tirade but we need to keep track of his history of hating people with Asperger's (like find the earliest mention of Chris saying the two aren't the same), in addition to the drama on the Mailbag about it. --Champthom 05:52, 8 December 2009 (CET)
I only added the basics, so other people could add to it -Cody
- I added a study that shows how Chris is wrong. Rarely you get to see Chris' fail scientifically substantiated on this wiki. --Hayate666 12:18, 8 December 2009 (CET)
- And cleared up the text, added a quote. The usual. --Hayate666 19:09, 8 December 2009 (CET)
Okay, since people aren't sure how to elaborate this article, here's a suggested outline:
- brief explaination of what Asperger's is and how it's related on the autism spectrum
- Chris's thoughts on Asperger's - from "Asperger's isn't even autism/it's a memory disorder" ---> "THEY'RE STEALING THE LIME LIGHT FORM THE TRUE AUTISTICS." Incorporate the CWCipedia article on Aspergers.
- drama on the mailbag with Asperger e-mails.
This is just to start out with. --Champthom 01:15, 9 December 2009 (CET)
- Hey... Is there any way I could help? I actually have AS, and can look over on accuracy, and can point out opinions and how it differs among people. I'm aware that it's not the same with everyone who has it... I'm also attempting to get more info on Chris' insight. You'll have to tell me what you want... I'm not too good at deciding for myself, since I can have a meltdown trying to decide what's needed, what's wanted and what I've been told. But once it's all clarified, I usually get it all done pretty swiftly. Just bare with me... AsperGirl 03:56, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
Should this and the Autism article be updated to reflect that Aspergers is being eliminated as a diagnosis and included as simply a part of the Autism spectrum in the new DSM? And has anyone rubbed that in Chris' face yet? --DirtyCrappedBriefs 02:19, 16 February 2010 (UTC)
Just a little question...
Has anybody ever pointed out to Chris that Autism generally means a below-average IQ, while AS often means an above-average IQ? I know that this has been touched upon in this article, but has anyone told him about it? Enibure 13:24, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
Concerning the true crime comment
Its a bit of a stretch to say that was Chris, well is there any evidence of it being him?, Chris really doesn't read things like that. I think it was likely a Troll post. GOTDANG9:47, 27 June 2010
- What "true crime comment"? Looking through the article, I don't see it. The word 'true' comes up twice and 'crime' not at all. Thelieisacake 23:51, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
Um no, in the external link at the bottom of the page shows a comment supposedly posted by chris on a website called TRUE CRIME REPORT I am really doubtful that Chris posted that it was most likely left by a troll GOTDANG12:44, 27 June 2010
- Imma go ahead and agree with you there, the "TRUE AND HONEST" part pretty much seals it for me. Unless someone has conclusive evidence that this is him, I think we should remove the comment and related shit. Thelieisacake 14:42, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
--Anonymax 00:56, 28 September 2011 (PDT)
Now that Asperger's has been dropped from the APA's manual, this article needs an overhaul. --IwegalBadnik 22:09, 2 December 2012 (PST)