Talk:Chris Chan Q&A 27 October 2008
For me, this video encapsulates all that is Chris. He messes his words up, shows ignorance about multiple subjects, screws up the wishes of the person who he believes is Megan, shows his inability to abandon childish things, his casual view of violence, shows how self centred his comic series is, shows him obsession with his own comfort and inability to handle such minor irritations like "my wrist rests on my fake guitar", lies about his love life, and abandons something (in this case the regular Q&A videos) shortly after it gets started. All this is missing is a violent outburst and threat to be THE quintessential CWC video. I know it's a very old video, but is there anyone else who thinks this video deserves some kind of special status? I'm just a newfag so it's not really my place to say, but this video really summarises the cheerful side of Chris for me. A lying, moronic, childish, creepy bastard. -- Borednewb 13:55, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
Names of people submitting questions
I was there when everybody was submitting questions for this, but I can't remember the usernames of the people who got their questions answered, and relying on Christian to enunciate clearly isn't working too well. If anyone has corrections, please edit the transcript. Don't assume I'm right about any of those names, except that cockmaster MachPunch. --MachPunch 20:49, 22 February 2009 (CET)
- I'm not sure about most of the names either, and even for the ones that I am sure, I don't know how they're capitalized or anything.
- I made one definite fix to your transcription of names when I replaced your "[unintelligible]" with "NintendoMafia", which rang out to me clear as day. I'm also confident that your "Stalin[?]" is indeed "Stalin", and so, I removed that doubt mark.
- Stalyn. He was the founder of #chris-chan, the precursor to #sonichu. I remember sending that guy a PM saying "Dude! You're in one of Chris's fucking videos!." It might be helpful to check out the old ED archives - many of the people who submitted questions were active with ED back then. --Champthom 03:59, 9 June 2009 (CEST)
- Okay. I'll make that spelling fix in the couple of places where his name is mentioned. As for the two other names below, I'll leave it to someone else to go researching them. I've already labored over this transcript enough for one lifetime. Llort 04:08, 9 June 2009 (CEST)
- The two other names that I changed, I'm not clear about at all, though to my ears, what I've written sounds like a closer approximation than what you had. In one case, I changed "MudkipsStar[?]" to "OkiaStar[?]". I understand the "Mudkips" reference, but I don't hear it. (And yet, "Okia" really isn't a word or name either.) In the other case, I changed "AquaP[?]" to "AwfulP[?]". That at least sounded closer to what I hear, but again, I'm not sure that it's right. Like you, I invite corrections, especially from anyone who actually knows the names! Llort 03:49, 9 June 2009 (CEST)