Talk:Good Fan Art
To make a long story short, we need this article and the images on the CWCipedia page. Srsly. --Champthom 11:53, 1 December 2009 (CET)
- * I couldn't get up the 'revamps' of S&R and Bubbles, which have refused to be compressed (for me at least). I've tried my usual compression tool and some others, but it says that the file is corrupt. Other than that, all the others are there.
- All the best --Elke 20:31, 1 December 2009 (CET)
Champthom, or someone else with experience concerning this wiki. I want your opinion and, if possible, advice. I'll delete this post after you reply.
I categorized ~75% of fan art pics in Category:Fanart. That is, I created several sub-categories, for each of the characters appearing in the fanart pics. Imo, this will make browsing fanart much easier, and you can quickly view all fanart of your "favorite" character. It may help when you want to add a fanart of, e.g., Rosechu to an article, so you just go into Category:Rosechu, and view all pics with Rosechu. Or maybe you just want to marvel at how various different artists have
raped pictured Rosechu.
Anyway. A huge pain in the ass is when someone would upload a pic of, e.g., Mary Lee Walsh and Rosechu, and add only Category:Rosechu. The pic then won't show in the Category:Mary Lee Walsh gallery. And it would be a royal pain to actually find such partially categorized pics, since they would be scattered among 95% properly categorized pics with no way to determine them, besides just clicking on all pictures.
I prepared a protip with the following text:
1. If you upload a fanart, add categories to it, for each pictured character (e.g., [ [Category:Rosechu] ], etc).
2. If you don't feel like adding all those categories, just add [ [Category:Fan art] ].
3. If you feel like adding these categories, please add categories for all pictured characters, not missing anyone.
4. If a category for some character doesn't exist (shows up as red), create it. Otherwise, just add [ [Category:Fan art] ], and don't bother. I'll categorize them myself, later.
5. Please, don't just, e.g., add a category for one of several pictured characters, and leave it at that. It's a royal pain in the ass to find such partially categorized pics later, lost in some characters' categories, among 95% properly categorized pics.
I'd like to ask: could you maybe advise a place on this wiki, where I could post it, and people would actually read it? Yeah, I'm being a hueg nerd, I know, but would be grateful for any reply --GokuGetEm 23:11, 1 December 2009 (CET)
- Well, the best place would be MediaWiki:Uploadtext, where the text on the upload page comes from. Though you need to ask a sysop to change it. --wwwwolf (wake me when you need me) 12:02, 6 December 2009 (CET)
I noticed that a lot of the pics are quite small. Like, too small to open up the thumbnail. In particular, Sonichubetterthancanon.jpg is no bigger than its thumbnail, so it's impossible to read the writing on the pic. Is there any way the files can be resized? Hamsterjelly 22:22, 2 December 2009 (CET)
- Hello; just to let you know that, whereas I compressed a handful of the images if they exceeded 150 kb, I changed none of the pictures' size in terms of pixels in the process - their size is exactly as it is on Cwcipedia. Some of the pictures taken from there were irritatingly small, but I have to assume that they were either that way to begin with, or reduced by Chris for some unbeknown reason. All the best, --Elke 22:43, 2 December 2009 (CET)
- Chris uploaded them so (I personally know about this pic and Sonichu_dark.jpg, are there more?), we're just merely following in the footsteps of the geinus. There are two theories on why exactly did Chris upload thumbnail versions instead of full pics:
- Chris didn't want us to see the full picture (plausible only in case of the Sonichu_dark.jpg pic);
- Chris is a retard.
- You decide :) --GokuGetEm 22:48, 2 December 2009 (CET) P.S.: I think it's possible to put links to full-sized pics on the thumbnail-sized pics' pages.
- On the subject of pictures, the images Image:BubblesRevamp.png and Image:SoniChu Revamp Sonichu+Rosechu.png do not exist at all. Either they were misnamed by whomever linked to them or they hae yet to be uploaded. Who can find them so the gallery looks nice and unbroken... hmmmmmm? --Fuckingstupid 11:17, 6 December 2009 (CET)
- I mentioned the fate of both pictures right above on this talk page if you saw. They were giant pictures, and I could not upload them in their compressed state, despite having tried various methods, so left them and left a note in case anyone else could. --Elke 11:25, 6 December 2009 (CET)
I added the BubblesRevamp pic, but as a .jpg instead of a .png. I hope it's not criminal? --GokuGetEm 00:53, 31 December 2009 (CET)