- Glad to see that someone incorporated it, but the actual quote from the video would make it even better as sort of an intro quote. --Champthom 09:00, 19 September 2009 (CEST)
- If one article or the other was really short, I'd see your point, but they're both already medium-sized and covering somewhat divergent topics. (Sonichu (comic) is about describing what is in the comics; Sub-Episodes is more about why Chris did the sub-episodes.) The comic is a big enough subject to warrant many, many articles, rather than one big one. --MachPunch 08:05, 7 March 2009 (CET)
I have a feeling that Barbara told Chris sometime around Sonichu 5 to stop doing them because they detailed embarrassing things from Chris's life. I'm curious as to why exactly she made him promise to stop making only sub-episodes and not some of the other objectionable material that appears in the normal episodes. It certainly was nice of Chris to reveal (long after he'd made Sonichu 5) why sub-episodes stopped appearing... have Chris's parents ever mentioned anything else about their thoughts on the comics? I wonder if they've ever seen the more graphic stuff, like in Sonichu 8? SirCucumber 19:42, 21 September 2009 (CEST)
- If you think about it, there's nothing too objectionable about issues 0-5. I mean, it's just some Sonic recolors fighting thinly veiled versions of Chris's foes, which is kinda a bit more kosher than Chris writing about how he fights security guards when they ask him to leave for loitering. Chris was asked what exactly Barbara objected to and apparently he can't remember, he just remembers Barb telling Chris to stop with sub episodes. I doubt they really pay close attention to the rest of the comic. I mean, it's like if you had a child and your son or daughter made a shitty finger painting drawing of you - you're not going to say "Wow, you suck at art, this looks nothing like me," you're going to say "Wow, that's really good! This is going on the refrigerator!" The problem is, Barb and Bob do this to Chris, who is 27 and not 5 years old. --Champthom 19:47, 21 September 2009 (CEST)
- To be fair, Chris does often act like he has the mentality of a 5 year old, so it's not terribly surprising. I just would have expected them to watch what he produces and uploads to the internet a little more closely, especially after stuff like the house tour and his nudes surfaced. Oh wait, they're horrible fucking parents. I keep forgetting that. SirCucumber 19:51, 21 September 2009 (CEST)
- Remember, though, we only know what Chris thought he heard. She said something that, to Chris, meant "stop doing the Sub-episodes". She might have said "stop these comics", referring to the comic in general and he was finishing up Sub-Episode 8 at the time and thought that "these comics" were the Sub-episodes.