Welcome to CWCki! There's a lot to do around here because Chris never does anything himself. I hope you'll stay with us and make many improvements of your own!
- Before you start, be sure to read A Quick Guide to CWCki. This will guide you through the dos and don'ts of editing the world's most accurate wiki. Be especially sure to read this if you consider Anonymous to be legion or if you've just come over from ED. Everything you know is wrong.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- If you're looking for things to do, check out the priority listing for things that need to be done, or join a project.
- If you haven't already, create a user page about yourself! If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community. Just be sure to check out the guidelines first.
- Questions? Please read the FAQ first. Later, you can ask in the Community Portal or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, join the live chat in our IRC channel or post a message on my talk page!
- Once again, welcome to CWCki!
CrassCrab 18:11, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
I'm in your userpage, liking your edits. Good job. --Ronichu 12:22, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
I'll put the shoops up again. Do you have a preference for any specific filesharing service or not? Xentrilus 20:47, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Since you asked for it, here's the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/408070906/Storyboard_Collection_1.zip The file is quite big though, my apologies. It'll go up on the yt vid page shortly. Xentrilus 23:09, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Some of your writing
"He wants to identify as a woman attracted to women despite being sexed male." An interesting thought, but I struggle to find it really convincing yet. I find it easy to think of Chris as having poor concept of gender distinction. Do we know if Bob was ever working during Chris' childhood? It does sound from some of the articles as if Bob has always been retired, but it is difficult to tell. Chris has never had the classic, cliche "Man is the breadwinner while woman minds the home". If the house is any example, Barbara is horrible at looking after the home, and Bob has just enough old school in him to view the housework as the 'womans duty'. Chris' entire knowledge of what makes up man and woman is "Men are mean to me" (Bob has no hesitation to talk down to him, and I imagine he was bullied in school by physically superior male students), and "Women look after me" (his 'gal pals' and his coddling mother). I have little difficulty in imagining Chris views women as the better gender than men, and Chris is always willing to be on the winning side.
Also: "This, of course, implies that Chris interacts with the characters on a daily basis and is constantly in contact with them. One could only shudder at the manchild speaking into thin air, asking an invisible Sonichu how his family is doing." Honestly while I find that image hilarious, I find it easier to believe that it's more of an escapism dream-world than Chris picking up his mobile and thinking it's Sonichu on the other end. The city of Cwcville is his perfect little escapism from his real life, it's a place where he is in control, where he wins, where he is loved. Hell, one of the reasons he probably thinks of himself as so kind is the fact that he matches everyone up perfectly in Cwcville so they all get to go home and have sex.
The reason this is important is because in the face of so much evidence to the contrary, not even Chris can believe he is in control of the real world. So when faced with situations like "No Chris, you can't keep my character, I'm taking her back", he will claim that in his world she doesn't want to leave.
Of course, this then goes into somewhat more concerning issues, like the idea that to Chris, other people are potentially as 'real' as cartoon characters. That could be because he has little ability to distinguish between fact and fiction, it could be because he views cartoon characters as things that must be real because they walk and talk (and apparently to him his drawings are photo-real), or even because he has so little ability to empathise with real people, they're as fake as cartoon characters appear to be. --Borednewb 12:19, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- You may have a point on the Simonla issue. If we're to take the simplest explanation (Chris is a selfish liar), it's probably another spur-of-the moment excuse to Evan, worded poorly because he assumes the latter is as childish/retarded as he is and will buy the argument. On the other hand, Chris has demonstrated repeated behavior showing that he believes his fantasy world is real. Also unaddressed is how Chris is not quite aware that he is the mouthpiece for his creations. By saying "Sonichu and Rosechu can go justify themselves", Chris demonstrates that he thinks that without the intervening factor of himself, his creations will go tell off Clyde and Miyamoto-sama.
- This goes beyond pure escapism, where CWCville is a place where he is in control of everything; this goes to show you that he feels CWCville and its related denizens are not only completely autonomous and able to interact with the outside world, but subject to the alterations and damages of others. Which is why feels he must "correct" the others' actions that threaten his idyllic paradise. It's not simply a matter of "fuck you trolls, I'll just act as if did nothing to CWCville," he has to rectify these slanderous mockeries in his pages, and additionally assure his readers (read: himself) that no major damage was done.
- The other point of "other people as real as cartoons" brings us right back to his sociopathy. Other people are merely as cartoon characters to be manipulated in the grand narrative of Chris's life. As Great Director Chandler, he believes other people will bend to his desires solely due to that "fact". He not only wants CWCville under his control, but also the real world. This squares nicely with his fear of losing control.
- One more revealing thing: Chris confessed in the comic pages that in high school, he would read R.L. Stine novels and imagine Sonic characters to be in their place. (This was probably well before Sonic degenerated into a recolor shitfest.) This shows that he can't even relate to fantasy humans on the account of being human (and not his own creation), and must imagine them as cartoon furries. (This might also explain why in the Giant Penis Comic, he and Ivy fucking in their Chu forms... as well why he imagined himself in his Chu form in his own sexual fantasies with some other woman he was cybering that I can't name at the moment.) Coupled with his (possibly feigned possibly genuine) concern for the welfare of Asperchu ("He won't like having da Assburgers!) and Wild ("He'll be left all by his lonsome without Simonla!"), this shows that Chris is capable of empathy - for anthropomorphic cartoon characters, not humans. Or then again, maybe not: He might just be confusing his own selfish desires for concern for these furry creatures, like he does with real people all the time. That might explain the Simonla/Wild thing, which amounts to a control issue, but not the Asperchu/Mitch thing.
- Again, nothing really that new, just more evidence for your thesis. --SeventhBase 16:46, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
You are this. Can I help you in any way? --Ronichu 01:24, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
- Message received and understood. I speak Japanese (poorly); I will take a stab at Liquid's response. I didn't realize it hadn't been translated. --Ronichu 03:25, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
I saw what you wrote in my talk page. If you want the images i can give a link for a zip file where i have them saved. Sorry i didn't do anything and i feel very flaterred you liked my drawings.J0haely 04:28, 3 August 2010 (PDT)
- Could you give me an e-mail to which i could send it to you?
Also the project isn't really dead, its just (hopefully) in hiatus.Just been told by the others, its completely dead. seams the others also lost any motivation too.J0haely 20:47, 5 August 2010 (PDT)
- OK :) Just tell me when.J0haely 20:53, 5 August 2010 (PDT)
I just download and rate Chris works high, I also leave positve feedback, though I do worry seeing as he favorites many trolls.--Hieghts503 13:36, 11 August 2010 (PDT)
I just stumbled on those drawings of mine that got me booted from /cwc/ you posed on paheal. The reactions in the comments are priceless! If I can make a rule 34 community retch, I've done something right! --Xanabit 22:09, 18 August 2010 (PDT)
http://www.reunionposts.org/virginia/manchester-high-school/alumni-class-reunion Freecell 11:40, 27 August 2010 (PDT)
- Srsly? A cursory search show that this place is not reunion-material, so it could very well be the work of a troll. --SeventhBase 11:50, 27 August 2010 (PDT)
- It's a legit website that pulls its information off of the school websites, not from people. Freecell 12:02, 27 August 2010 (PDT)
Thanks for putting my Sonichu list idea in motion. --General Rock 19:54, 10 October 2010 (PDT)
Drawing vs Holding a Pen
In the Fail article, one of the things I wanted to trim down was repeats. The reason I took out the "Holding a Pen" thing is because there's already "Drawing". I don't want to just edit it out because I already did that once recently and I don't want to be a complete asshole to decent editors. If you can think of another reason why it should stay, I'm willing to take it off my 'to do list'. Freecell 13:02, 14 October 2010 (PDT)