Make requested templates to receive the Requested Template Award!
Go to CWCki:Templates to see all currently existing templates!
Post your requests for templates here. Be sure to sign your comments!
A template that says the article has a dead video link and needs to be replaced. Also, an article indicating that content from the page can be split off (like the opposite of Template:Merge). --Champthom 12:11, 2 September 2009 (CEST)
- There doesn't seem to be one yet, so here's one for a deleted video. --Sonicow 23:01, 26 September 2009 (CEST)
Collapsible gallery. --Champthom 09:50, 3 June 2009 (CEST)
- I forget who did it but someone did it and for that, CWCki is indebted to them. --Champthom 03:34, 9 June 2009 (CEST)
A box that says something along the lines of "This article regarding an audio or video needs transcribing" with a category for articles that need transcription. --Champthom 22:55, 9 June 2009 (CEST)
- I knocked this up in half an hour. Should go close to what you want. --Great Briton 02:33, 25 July 2009 (CEST)
- Great template, I replaced some of the "Incomplete" tags with "Transcription"--Megaman 03:24, 26 July 2009 (CEST)
- I think I can help out with doing infoboxes. Do we need a single generic infobox, or specific infoboxes (family, gal-pals, trolls, etc.)? --THE IMPERIOUS DORK 00:57, 24 July 2009 (CEST)
- A general box should work, though ideally we should have a general box that can easily be customized for sweethearts, trolls, etc. --Champthom 08:32, 26 July 2009 (CEST)
- We've got one already Template:people. It needs a little fine tuning.--Megaman 08:49, 26 July 2009 (CEST)
- The people template is okay for navigation, but with an info box, it'd be neat because you could put a picture and underneath it'd have some stats like birthddate, relation to Chris, etc. --Champthom 09:02, 6 August 2009 (CEST)
I created a shady Welcome Template, with some useful links for new members, but it needs a of fixing up, feel free to mess with it. If we ever set up a bot to police our wiki, it can use it, but for now we can just greet people by hand. --Megaman 08:30, 26 July 2009 (CEST)
- I've started working on this, I've created at working, but ugly version of what you requested. I've been breaking it up into smaller, easier to use templates, based on how TOW does it. So far I've created Template:•wrap, Template:Nowrap begin and Template:Nowrap end. However, I've run into a problem. While Template:Nowrap begin works perfectly, Template:•wrap and Template:Nowrap end only produce </script> in plain text. I've got to run out for an eye exam today, if anyone wants to tinker with them, you can see what I've done at User:Megaman/sandbox. --Megaman! 18:42, 29 July 2009 (CEST)
Created Template:Merge, surprised we didn't have one already--17:26, 29 July 2009 (CEST)
- The merge template is great, but I think we could use an opposite of this - a split template. It wouldn't be hard to do, same code as the Merge template, just can't think of a good theme for a Split template. --Champthom 09:02, 6 August 2009 (CEST)
A template that says something along the lines of "This articles sucks, it fail to meet CWCki quality standards. You can help by consulting the talk page and improving it" with links to the talk page (around the words "talk page") and a link to the editing page for the article around "improving it." --Champthom 09:42, 3 August 2009 (CEST)
- Only complaint is that you might want to center the first line, then you'll get the SUPER SPECIAL REQUEST TEMPLATE AWARD. --Champthom 15:50, 27 September 2009 (CEST)
Could we have a template for places, real and fictional? --T K 19 03:58, 17 November 2009 (CET)
- Hi, I tried to create a template for real places, here it is: Template:Places. I'll try to create a "CWCverse Locations" template soon. The reason I decided to make them separate, is that as one template it looks too lengthy and overstuffed with information. This is also my first try at creating Templates, so feel free to tweak it in any way, and critique me GokuGetEm 14:46, 21 November 2009 (CET)
- ...And here is the CWCverse Locations template: Template:CWCverse. Again, feel free to tweak 'n' critique GokuGetEm 14:58, 22 November 2009 (CET)
A template indicating that the article needs to be updated in light of recent events or videos or whatever. --Champthom 09:13, 31 December 2009 (CET)
A template to indicate that an article needs a summary to summarize its content (like for Mailbag related articles) - perhaps use a picture of one of the walls of texts from the comic? --Champthom 09:19, 31 December 2009 (CET)
I've made 5 Halo themed templates if anyone's interested. They're based off the 4 difficulties of the game (Easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary). Also, there's a special one just for Chris (Steaktacular). Everyone on CWCki at least qualifies for one of these. Enjoy! : ) --Alcoholic Legend 00:42, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, it's a vidya thing. No offense guys but can you make these templates as a subpage of your user page for these templates? Seriously, these make no sense with the vidya. Hell, I'd say this for most templates but might as well point this out now.--Champthom 02:50, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
A template that says an article needs to be wikified would be most useful, as opposed to me making comments on the talk pages that say "wikify this biznitch" over and over. --Champthom 12:57, 7 March 2011 (PST)
Gold Star Bounty template requests
While template Template:OutageCounter works if you manually change that date, it's rather a pain to have to remember to manually update it everyday, when it would not be too difficult to do so with MediaWiki software. I found this which is of value, and we already have the ParserFunctions here so it's not like cogs has to install anything new.
If anyone can improve this template such that it can work where it'll display the days since 17 September 2009 (or whenever the last outage was), such that it looks roughly like DAYS_SINCE_OUTAGE = LAST_OUTAGE - CURRENT_DAY and allow someone to easily change the value of LAST_OUTAGE, that would be a fun thing to have. It's sorta like one of those "Days without an accident" sign.
Whoever can get it to work like this will get a Gold Star Bounty Award. --Champthom 09:25, 19 September 2009 (CEST)
I made a working "days since" counter that is simpler than the above request (all it does is add days every day to the date input to it) The date can be calculated numerically by using the simple linked calculator.(included in the template's article) It's currently using 17 September 2009 which is 260.--Ror 12:01, 27 September 2009 (CEST)
Not so much a requested, but how would you all feel about templates for individual sagas? For example, an Ivy saga template would have all the videos connected to the Ivy saga, comics associated with it, etc.? That way, people can navigate through sagas easier.--Champthom 07:48, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
A template that can sequence through videos - we can use it for fan videos, ED has a template like this, something like this would work very well in regards to fan videos. --Champthom 19:28, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- Started, but there's something wrong with it that I can't see. The code SHOULD make sense. Freecell 09:36, 15 November 2010 (PST)
As you may know, Chris has started using the CWCipedia, and now we have Chris's version of the Private Villa of Corrupted Citizens page. Uncyclopedia has a similar thing for Wikipedia (see here) that's like "To see what Wikipedia has to say about this, see [link to Wikipedia article]." We could have a similar with like "Chris has discussed this topic on the CWCikipedia's article article on [link topic]" Uncyclopedia templates seem to work very well here with little modification (Template:Award was originally from Uncyclopedia) so it'd only need a little tinkering.
Anyone who makes this template gets a Gold Star Bounty award. --Champthom 03:10, 29 July 2009 (CEST)
- My first attempt is here. I think it needs testing and refining, but it's a start. --Great Briton 01:09, 30 July 2009 (CEST)
Shouldn't there be an infobox icon for just Sonichu related things? Not the website or the comic, but just Sonichu in general. Hamsterjelly 21:39, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
We have at least a dozen separate sets of e-mails floating about (Megan, Vivian, Katie Bay, Clyde Cash, Samantha Thaddeus, Cole Smithy, etc. etc. etc.) Who agrees we need to summarize these in a template to go on the bottom of these pages? RachmaninovDESU 08:00, 25 September 2010 (PDT)
- Anyone? Maybe I should post this in the CP, I don't think many people look here... RachmaninovDESU 05:27, 4 October 2010 (PDT)
- Ok, so it turns out the template allready existed, but was barely used. I just put it up on all relevant pages. RachmaninovDESU 06:04, 15 October 2010 (PDT)