Should we mention instances of Chris ripping off an anime in the comic on this page if the anime doesn't have its own? Because he ripped off Inuyasha on one page, and I seem to remember him ripping off Pretty Cure in one of the sub-episodes with Crystal... --Lime (Scold? | Undo?) 06:10, 5 June 2009 (CEST)
- Pretty Cure is mentioned here if you want info. Shiny 06:16, 5 June 2009 (CEST)
I mucked around a little with the article and added two more examples of animu rip-offage. I also added a pic of Go Nagai in the vein of the old "Mr. Darcy" image that was on Chris' main page, because Uncle Go is the PERFECT illustration of what Chris isn't but wishes to be. - Needlepants
Rewrote and expanded this some. Felt like the Shuffle thing was worth mentioning, since shitty harem anime is such a perfect representation of the kind of fantasy Chris would fall hook, line, and sinker for. One thing I'm kinda curious about, though, that someone more familiar with the history might now. Has he ever said why he hasn't gone back to a con since the '05 Anime Mid-Atlantic? -- Dkaien 08 September 2009
I noticed the in Forgiveness Blessings he does something called a Curse shot, where he simply acts like he's firing a gun with his finger. This is very reminiscient of Yu Yu Hakusho, with Yusuke's Spirit Gun. Just thought it was worth mentioning.--Howsyourham 00:18, 10 September 2009 (CEST)
- Did he really watch Urotsukidoji or is someone just fucking with us? --AntonImaus 15:26, 12 October 2009 (CEST)
Where exactly did he rip off Fist Of The North Star? --Needlepants 23:33, 9 January 2010 (UTC)
- According to the Excel Saga article:
- "Time-delay attack: Mostly, this episode parodies Fist of the North Star, which features a powerful fighter kicking ass in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Since Excel is in the role of the hero, she uses a variation of the anime's titular attack, which involves punching your opponent a billion times. The thing about the Fist of the North Star is that it takes three seconds to have any effect, after which the opponent explodes like a water balloon filled with blood, then becomes a pastiche of Dejiko from Digi Charat. When dubious villains question the attack's power, the hero would famously reply "But you're already dead", right before they die. Chris adapted this idea when he first used the Curse-ye-ha-me-ha in Sonichu #0. The Jerkhief didn't feel a thing at first, and then his life began to unravel from the curse."
That's why I wrote "indirectly". --AntonImaus 23:03, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
Source is broken.
Source cited is PVCC, and the old one to boot. --16BitAlex 20:24, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
Nabeshin Betrays Chris
One of his newer roles, as a rental man in Nerima Daikon Brothers, has him lending out a suit to one of the main characters, and well..yeah, you can tell what I'm talking about. Sauce (Video is one of the flagged ones though, gotta have an 18+ account to view): http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DgYc_LmlAu0c
Worth mentioning anywhere?
I was re-reading some of the old stuff such as the letters for Sonichu Girls and I noticed that he would occasionally sign his letters "love and peace", which is pretty much Vash's catch phrase in Trigun. He did it on another letters as well. It's a small and somewhat insignificant thing but I wondered if it was worth mentioning here at all. Meeko 06:13, 23 June 2011 (PDT)Meeko
- Can we establish this is where he got it from? It's possible but it's also possible (now bear with me here) he came up with it independently or he's possibly ripping it off from another source. --Champthom 07:09, 23 June 2011 (PDT)
Anime Chris has ripped off
I would disagree. Part of what makes this wiki on the whole is specific examples so we don't look like we're accusing him blindly. SerenityMoonstone 23:01, 15 May 2012 (EST)
Anyone want to explain to me why people have labeled him a weeaboo? It's just a personal pet-peeve of mine since people seem to think weeaboos are anyone who enjoy anime because we're all annoying fangirls/boys who butcher the japanese language and wish we all lived in Japan because all hail the great Japan. SerenityMoonstone 23:04, 15 May 2012 (EST)