Talk:List of Sonichu characters
OK, I went through every friggin' issue of the damn comic and jotted down every character's name. You know, because reading them aloud wasn't a big enough pain in the ass.
Basically, I tried to hit every single thing in the comics that was even sort of a character. The nuns who raised Angelica? Got 'em. Skelevision? Got it. Random Pokemon sightings? Noted, although I left my Pokedex in your mom, so I couldn't name them all.
- I just made links from everything. Most of these just need to be redirects, but some probably need their own articles. In some cases, it's a little of both. I don't think we need a Beavis article and a Butt-head article, but we definitely need a "Beavis and Butt-Head" article, and either of their names should redirect to it.
- The Pokemon should probably be taken out, since they already have their own list. I just wanted to make life a little easier for the guy who's handling that one. If someone can name every Pokemon on the Yawning Squirtle page, we should have it covered.
- Some kind of picture on the list would be nice, if anyone's got the time. Dethchemist77 03:52, 16 February 2009 (CET)
- I've started doing some redirecting and adding bios. Some bios may need to be a bit expanded though (for characters with their own articles anyway). --Anonymous 03:48, 18 February 2009 (CET)
For what it's worth, I think I'm the only one wondering if BDW is a whale or a Pokemon, since I happened to notice Wailord while I was identifying the other Pokemon in the series. I think a better way to describe the issue is to point out that Chris did such a shitty job drawing him that you really can't tell. Also, I guess this is the best place to point it out, but it's spelled "Rosey", not "Rosee". I don't pretend to understand it, but Chris spells it with a "y" throughout #3, so I'm assuming this was his intention, although he switches off to "Rosie" in #8. Dethchemist77 00:20, 19 February 2009 (CET)
- "I think a better way to describe the issue is to point out that Chris did such a shitty job drawing him that you really can't tell." Done. --Anonymous 09:39, 20 February 2009 (CET)
"Sonichu's worthless, 1-dimensional girlfriend. She enjoys flowers, shopping, and getting kidnapped on a regular basis. She is completely incompetent and constantly relies on Sonichu to do even the most menial of tasks for her. This is Chris's idea of women and pretty much the only thing he's got right." Is it just me or is this slightly sexist? Am I too liberal? --James Lamp-Eye 23:57, 15 June 2009 (CEST)
- I think they ripped that passage from ED, and it was probably sarcasm. --Mr Mittens
- Guess that's why it seems so out of place here... --James Lamp-Eye 04:14, 19 June 2009 (CEST)
Re: Lovely Weather. Does anyone know if Chris has seen and liked Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? He likes old family movies, and Caractacus's love interest in that movie was named Truly Scrumptious. I'm wondering if that movie helped him derive the strange name idea. Alteceastlansing 06:54, 11 December 2009 (CET)
- As I edited it on the page, I think the whole thing came from an old Christmas carol. Knowing Chris's love for his brand of "Random Access" humor, It can came from everything. He already used the term "The Weather's just right!" In Sonichu 7/Page 34 as a substitute for sexual arousal. This puts the whole "Lovely Weather" on another angle. Griffintown 07:13, 11 December 2009 (CET)
Teaching Angelica to Fly
There was a television series back in the day called "The Flying Nun". Chris may have ripped off of this, seeing as no one else in the Chaotic Combo seems to know how to fly. --Racer X 20:26, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
If there is actually a page that warrants splitting, this might be one. Perhaps we should do it by issue?--Champthom 05:48, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
- Good idea.-trombonista 11:09, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
She looks to me like a black version of Bebe from South Park. If Chris did trace Florance, he was probably using a picture of Bebe.-trombonista 11:08, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
I am trying to rewrite this page right now. That is no easy task when you consider how many fucktons of characters there are that need a more detailed explaination. If you want to keep Pokemon in the Pokemon article, then fine. I don't want whatever that was in it's place though. A blank subsection with a link to another subsection elsewhere? It looks messy, and really what's the point? So either nothing goes there or it goes as before. And seriously, can people please not move around or remove character sections? Every time they do, I have to realign the pictures so that they go left and right in a pattern again. It is fucking awkward. *STRESS SIGH* --Edward 01:16, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- OK, the problem with this article is that it's too long. It's too long because it not only lists every single character but also tries to provide a paragraph or two about most of them. That's not necessary--we don't need a 1000 words about Black Sonichu AND a picture here, in an already-crowded page, when there's already perfectly good article for Black Sonichu which this article links to. (I removed an "incomplete" banner from the Crystal section, which already has a brief paragraph and a link to the Crystal article. How is that incomplete? What more could possibly said about Crystal that isn't already on her own page?)
- This article is always going to be long because there are dozens of characters in the comic and this list is supposed to include them all. But there's nothing that says it has to be so detailed about every damn character. Not that the summaries are bad but they don't all need to be here. I think the best thing to do is reduce it to a series of bullet lists, one for each issue, with the characters' names and maybe fifty words of description. Each character's name can link out to his own article; if the character doesn't have a dedicated article, we'll make sure he has a section on an article. The Pokemon can all be on the Pokemon page. The lesser Manajerks can all be on the Manajerks page. I don't know what to do with all of them yet, but I don't think any of them should be right here. --MachPunch 05:21, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
I am not going to do fucking bullet points. I'm trying to be profesional here. Oversized or not, these characters need an explaination of who they are. Their names are not an adequat description, unless they have a name like 'Boulder Dropping Whale'. I'd like an explaination for who the fuck these people are without having to link to other articles. I'm already not happy about removing the Pokemon from the page, but i'm not reverting it since you obviously feel we'd benefit from that. You are not removing the Manajerks though. They are major characters and they don't have nearly enough description in the Manajerks article. They are staying. --Edward 13:04, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
Actually, on second thought: Fuck it. I'm just leaving this article as it is. I'm not going to argue anymore. Do whatever the fuck you want. --Edward 13:07, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- All of these characters need an explanation, but why do all of those explanations have to be here? There's too many of them to do that. (This page is already too long and it doesn't even have summaries for all the characters; if we flesh out the stuff for Asperchu clones and put the Pokemon back in it'll be gigantic.) I understand that this page is trying to have a format similar to similar articles on Wikipedia, and I guess that's how Wikipedia does it, so maybe that's more professional. But I guarantee you that if each Sonic game introduced fifteen new characters, somebody over there would be like "fuck, this page is too long, move some of this shit someplace else and link to it." There are times when this wiki can only be as professional as the man-child it's about.
- I don't even get what you're saying about the Manajerks. They have to stay here because they're too important to put on the Manajerks page? The Manajerks page doesn't give enough info on them, but that would change if we...move the stuff that's here over there, duh. That way the same content would be on a shorter, more focused article, where people might actually, y'know, read it. That's the whole fucking point to wikis, so that you don't have to put everything on one page like Chris would. --MachPunch 18:58, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- I already said i've given up. Do whatever you want. --Edward 23:53, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- Calm down fellas, both sides have valid points. First, yes, this article is pretty long even when we account for the breadth it's covering. Ideally, in a case like this, it does help to look to Wikipedia. While MachPunch linked to a good example, we could do something along the lines of "List of Pokemon" where instead of one long ass article with all 500 or so Pokemon in one article, or every Pokemon getting an article to themself, they gave certain Pokemon their own articles (like Pikachu) and minor Pokemon were described on the List. I think a good option here would be to split these characters by comics, where each character is briefly described and in what context, and people wanting a more background can look at the relevant articles - that's ideally how a wiki is suppose to work. Of course, this is one option as there's lots of things we can do with this.--Champthom 05:41, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
- One idea that made me wish I drank, so I could pour the sad away of the possibility: Might have Bill the scientist been based on Bill Nye, the Science Guy? Thus, Chris has violated yet another beloved childhood icon. Worse yet, I've seen one or two drawings that sort of looked like The Muppets. Fuck you, Chris. Fuck you. --Xavier orona 20:10, 17 August 2010 (PDT)
- There isn't any evidence for Bill besides the name. If Chris did take it there would be one or two of his character traits stolen wholesale. It may just be a name Chris picked at random. --OFSheep 20:29, 17 August 2010 (PDT)