User talk:Alan Pardew
Good work on the A-Log page. Keep it up. --Old meme 10:00, 11 September 2012 (PDT)
Thanks. Alan Pardew 03:41, 16 September 2012 (PDT)
- 1 "Quote of the Now"
- 2 For Pete's sake
- 3 For Julie's Eyes Only
- 4 IP
- 5 Captcha
- 6 Welcome template
- 7 Are There Any Pages To Edit?
- 8 Problem with Special:ConfirmEmail
- 9 25 July 2014 leak
- 10 Need moar Jerkops
- 11 Search/replace for cogsdev links?
- 12 CWC merchandice sent to a forum member
- 13 Blocking
- 14 Unban requests for cwcki fourms
- 15 Thanks for the promotion!
- 16 Brushfire Video
- 17 How can you have a private conversation with one other person on this wiki?
- 18 Can't create a talk page need help
- 19 Favicon
"Quote of the Now"
You don't know who I am, but I know where you browse, and if you edit that wiki template again, so help me--HOLY SHIT I GOTTA GO! SOME SQUIRREL'S FUCKING MY TOMATOES! Mr. 0 12:53, 25 January 2013 (PST)
For Pete's sake
You have potential to be a very good wiki user, maybe even a mod or an admin, but for Pete's sake, wikify the Quote of the Now, add links to other pages. I cry at night when the QotN doesn't have wiki links.--Champthom 08:02, 9 September 2013 (PDT)
- Not to totally discourage you, I admire your dedication and your effort as to be honest, I'm not always up to the task of editing stuff on here. But you could use some work, look at it as an area of opportunity.--Champthom 08:16, 9 September 2013 (PDT)
- Thanks, I'll remember that. Alan Pardew 00:02, 10 September 2013 (PDT)
For Julie's Eyes Only
- So far, there isn't a reupload yet, but I'll try my best to find a full video of it. Found an audio one though. Alan Pardew 09:38, 2 January 2014 (PST)
What are the odds that the guy who single-handedly wrote the William Elliot Waterman is the man himself? --DawnDusk 19:59, 3 January 2014 (PST)
- Don't know. Wait and see. Alan Pardew 00:06, 4 January 2014 (PST)
- ...or you could have done an IP check as the user suggested and see that my IP is not anywhere close to being in Maine. Also, I doubt Waterman would use a reference to a soundboard prank call victim as his username. Duncans Construction (talk) 21:28, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- I think only admins/jerkops can be exempt, but let me see what I can do. Alan Pardew (talk) 13:45, 25 February 2014 (UTC)
Are There Any Pages To Edit?
- Try updating the October 2013 Facebook Posts article. It's currently the page that needs improvement for now. Alan Pardew (talk) 09:57, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
Problem with Special:ConfirmEmail
I don't know if you're the right person to ask, but you seem to be the most active admin. Email confirmation for me is bailing out with:
|CWCki could not send your confirmation mail. Please check your email address for invalid characters.
Mailer returned: Unknown error in PHP's mail() function.
Is this expected? I was just trying to confirm to see if that would enable bypassing the "new article" captcha. If this also affects other things like password resets then it could be important. —CWCTime (talk) 14:36, 8 July 2014 (UTC)
25 July 2014 leak
Need moar Jerkops
As of now someone is vandalizing the CWCki. Due to the fact that all of our Jerkops are no longer active, and the fact that the only really active admin is you, this wiki is relatively susceptible to vandal attacks and I think that this calls for giving blocking rights to more users. What do you think? - NegaCWC (talk) 11:36, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
Whenever I run across them, I've been manually migrating like these to point to http://archive.sonichu.com instead (I assume http://archive.cogsdev.org is no more). It has occurred to me that there are still a bunch of links left, and that it would probably be faster/less error-prone for a sysop to perform some kind of batch search/replace instead, if MediaWiki has such a feature. Whether to perform it on everything, including the User and User talk namespaces, is something to be considered if someone does this. On a related note, there are even more links to cogsdev.110mb.com, but that is a mixed bag of CWCki, cwcipedia, and PVCC links. I think all the external links back to the old CWCki (1, 2) in the important namespaces have been migrated. —CWCTime (talk) 12:41, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
CWC merchandice sent to a forum member
A CWCki forums member has recently recieved an autographed phto of Chris along with a gift drawing from him. She posted images of what she recieved on the forums, and apparently Chris claim to have a girlfriend. I believe that this info is genuine and I'm inclined to insert it into the relevant articles, but before I do that I want to know that this OK with you and that you don't have any doubts about the veracity of this information. - NegaCWC (talk) 14:57, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
Really? I said something you didn't like, so you blocked me? And your mature response is 'autism'?
So, of course, you did your cop-out bullshit of 'many users have-' and called anything you didn't like as 'sperging' or 'autism'. As if it really makes a differnce; I've seen your CWCki Forum page, it's all 2008 le ep1c maymay xd garbage, if not to mention the fact that you've hardly made any real edits to CWCki over your career. I'll say it again, you're really not fit to be an admin by any standards; there are much better candidates who've made edits over the past few months (i.e. NegaCWC, Lysistrata). Perma-ban me if you're really that pretentious about 'quality'. Boomhauer (talk) 12:59, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
- MAN I TELL YOU WHAT MAN YOU NEED TO DANG-OL DANG BRUSH UP ON YER DANG-OL HISTORY DANG BOY DANG OL MAN Zero (talk) 07:34, 22 September 2014 (UTC)
Unban requests for cwcki fourms
Since you were made a mod(and possibly admin) I would like to make a section on your talk page for unban requests (as I cannot get into contact with the other admins about this matter)
Here's mine (xalver): Please discuss this with, as well as send it to saney(the cwcki fourms mod) as he is the one who banned me and is primarily addressed to him (I'm asking you for help in this matter).
I am sorry for bothering you with the request to get rid of null (the personal army request), I had responded this way because I thought null was gone after I read the Encyclopaedia Dramatica article on him (earlier on the same day I got banned).
I am also sorry for any shitposting I did (ie: stupid comments I made in the fourms).
I do not care if you lock down my account so that I can only lurk, I just want to regain unthrotled access to the fourms.
I hope that you consider this and give me my account back
btw: the ip 22.214.171.124 is public
i had also posted this on deagledad420's talk page
Xalver Ell96 (talk) 23:01, 15 October 2014 (UTC) If you do not like this please don't ban me
Thanks for the promotion!
First of all thanks for the promotion. Before I start need you to give me some instructions on this whole blocking thing. Suppose there's a vandal or a spammer, for a how long should I block him? I gather that overly long blocks are often frowned upon on wikis due to the fact that users IPs often change. - NegaCWC (talk) 11:01, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
Since you appear to have the ability to make new pages and I can't, would you mind making a page for the brushfire video made in November 2014? It's got a really long title but I think we should just call the article "Brushfire Video". --FromtheWordsofBR (talk) 21:20, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
I'll try to. Thanks for the info. Actually, I'm pretty sure you can make new pages by just typing in sonichu.com/cwcki/(Insert preferred title of your article here). Alan Pardew (talk) 06:43, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
How can you have a private conversation with one other person on this wiki?
Because I have something I need to tell you.
Chris mentioned an "internet troll pretending to be him" in his most recent protesting e-mail to Sega, and...well, I've got a little secret I need to tell you. --FromtheWordsofBR (talk) 21:51, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think it's possible to PM someone on this wiki, but you can PM me over on the CWCki Forums. If you can't, I'll post my unused e-mail here. Let me know which way you prefer. Alan Pardew (talk) 08:23, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
Can't create a talk page need help
I'm trying to create a talk page for the weening article in order to ask about an edit I want to make.
- That's universal here for anyone that's not an admin. Has something to do with a previous spam-block tool, i.e. pick the cats from the dogs; not much has been done about it, for the moment. Boomhauer (talk) 2:12, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- I've been having the exact same problem when trying to make a new page myself. I remember hearing about the previous spamblock tool being shut down and ever since the deed was done only the admins seem to have the ability to make a new page or two. --FromtheWordsofBR (talk) 02:22, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- I created the talk page, so you can go ahead and post it there. Anyway, about the problem of this "making new pages", I'll request Canine to probably remove the spam-block tool if the time is right. Alan Pardew (talk) 10:19, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
I dunno who to talk to about this, so I figured I'd contact the admins. I also mentioned this to Champthom. I made a favicon for the CWCki and I was wondering how I could go about putting it up. I dunno if admins even have control over that sort of thing. This is what it looks like: Pwnisher248 (talk) 13:31, 12 March 2015 (UTC)