Talk to me.
Be sure to check out the archives as well:
Champ, I mean it now
When I come on here and see that people like this mouthbreather have been fucking with pages while being told not to and spamming pictures of furry porn that we for some reason allow on here, and yet I have the power to neither delete the image or ban the sperg, it cuts me deep. I'm on here often enough and I've already contributed a lot to the wiki. Can you throw some Jerkop powers my way so I can sort this shit out in future? We don't have nearly enough active mods and this place seems to have this kind of shit all the time. I mean this seriously Champ, I think the CWCki could benefit a lot from more Jerkops. --Old meme 06:09, 20 April 2012 (PDT)
- Before you answer him, Champ, keep in mind that I've also been here a long time and am also actively contributing; so if you decided to give Old meme jerkop rights, I sure would appreciate receiving them as well. Just saying. --T K 19 09:24, 20 April 2012 (PDT)
- You both make good points. Could you point out the furry image though, the only image I've seen by him is that picture of Chris ejaculating on Anna's face, which I've incidentally deleted because I don't think it really improves the Anna article. Anyways, about quality in general - I've discussed this issue with Anonymax, and this goes for the both of you, that as regular users you have all the tools needed to improve the quality of the CWCki. If there's an incidence such as an edit war going on, you're welcome to ask any of the admins to step in to resolve the issue. For these reasons, I don't think it's needed to add more jerkops or admins for these reasons. However, if it ever got out of control, then I would consider making someone a quality control jerkop to enforce quality standards. However, I think for the most part you all have the tools you need, just keep making good edits and reverting shit like you have been doing and I think that should be sufficient.--Champthom 22:11, 20 April 2012 (PDT)
Deletion of Fail; Effects
Would it be necessary to organize a project of some kind to remove red "fail" pipes from pages across the CWCki? --IwegalBadnik 11:27, 23 April 2012 (PDT)
Fail article deleted, stupid page names corrected, Champ finally got around to deleting the furry porn. It's been a good week. --Old meme 06:39, 24 April 2012 (PDT)
- At least SOMEONE is happy.--Champthom 04:18, 25 April 2012 (PDT)
Why did you delete the article on Kim?
She is as notable as any of the gal pals, and all the info IS public, coming from the Kacey calls.--Steve Landcleamer 23:03, 4 May 2012 (PDT)
- How do you know the Kim from the Kacey calls is the same Kim Wilson? Kim is a fairly common name. You're also assuming a lot of things, like Kim is ScarletSanctum when you have no proof of that, and you're including a lot of things that are rumors like how some apology video was because Kim was upset. --Champthom 23:04, 4 May 2012 (PDT)
- 1. Chris states her name is Kim Wilson in one of the Kacey calls.
- 2. ScarletSanctum is Kim's youtube handle, as stated in SingStar Challenge.
- 3. Chris addresses in that video that he upset Kim and Kacey with the previous video.
And if the name was an issue why not just redirect the page to "Kim"?--Steve Landcleamer 23:17, 4 May 2012 (PDT)
- How do you know that ScarletSanctum is Kim? Does Chris explicitly mention it? Also does Chris specifically say Kim in that video in that it upset her? --Champthom 23:23, 4 May 2012 (PDT)
Chris does explicitly mention it. Look at this dialouge in Kacey Call 1:
- Chris: Yeah. So you know uh, Kim, you know uh, how she, uh, yeah you know, uh, Kim, I actually heard that Kim and her friend Logan actually live in the Charlton area close to the downtown mall, you know? So if you ever wanted to look her up and, you know, just talk to her, you know, find about more about the impostor for me, or you know, see what her opinion of me is on the Internet from her point of view...
- Kacey: Oh, you want me to do some undercover stuff? Chris, that is so sweet of you! You know how much I wanted to get involved.
- Chris: Oh yeah, sure. You know that ScarletSanctum account? That's hers.
- Kacey: Okay, no, I will totally, totally message her. It's Kim Woods, you said?
- Chris: No, Kim Wilson. Totally. Message her, talk to her all about me.
As far as making the video in response to offending Kim, he also implicitly states this:
"Uh, I dedicate this video to uh, Logan. Boyfriend of my gal-pal, Kim. Yeah, anyway uh, I've--I just wanted to uh, apologize for uh...offending you in anyway"
He could also be referring to offending Logan, but either way why through the baby out with the bathwater?--Steve Landcleamer 23:35, 4 May 2012 (PDT)
- Let me think about it. In the meantime, I've made a subpage for you in the meantime.--Champthom 23:39, 4 May 2012 (PDT)
So is there any hold up or is the page good to go? I've answered all your questions and it seems to meet all the requirements.--Steve Landcleamer 16:32, 5 May 2012 (PDT)
- Don't you think it might be a little bit imprudent to make a page about Kim?--Champthom 17:58, 5 May 2012 (PDT)
- Why would it be imprudent? All the information is public and sourced. All the other gal pals have pages, so what would the problem be?--Steve Landcleamer 18:37, 5 May 2012 (PDT)
- Well?--Steve Landcleamer 20:39, 7 May 2012 (PDT)
- Good God, first learn some patience, this isn't a life and death issue. Second of all, let me put it this way - in your own words, the supposed Kim calls are unreleased. Why do you think that is?--Champthom 07:18, 8 May 2012 (PDT)
Because "she"'s obviously still trying to troll Chris. Regardless, that's beside the point, while the calls haven't been released, all the information in the article has. You initially deleted it under the guise that is was "Not notable, not based on public information", but we both know that that's clearly not the cause. My page seemed to meet all the guidelines, so based on Cwicki guidelines, what is objectionable about it?
I'm sorry if I seem impatient, I just find this quelling of already public information to be pretty ridiculous and counter productive to the CWCki.--Steve Landcleamer 14:43, 8 May 2012 (PDT)
- Based on my discussions with Canine and Anonymax, I have decided to restore the article. Remember, the CWCki is form Chris's POV so Kim isn't a troll, she has not publicly declared herself to be a troll to Chris. I'd also avoid posting on /cwc/ and CWCki Forums when you make an article on a delicate topic like this.--Champthom 03:09, 11 May 2012 (PDT)
===If I may step in and say a piece===
I know I may not be towing the party line by saying this Champ, but Land has a point here. This is all information that was technically on the wiki anyway, just in out of the way places. Personally, I have no problem with covering things up for trolling purposes, because I understand the need to do so and I'm not one to whine about dang dirty stonecutters, but we have information on Kim here already. I don't care which side of the fence you're on Champ, I'll just go with what you say, but you've got to at least be consistent. Either allow the article outright, or if you object to some of the content in the article being made public, censor it and then allow the censored version to be posted. Your decision is final and no-one would be able to stop you, so I don't know what you're worried about. --Old meme 06:22, 9 May 2012 (PDT)
- True, I realize this, but the issue is that there's a good reason that Kim doesn't already have an article, mostly for privacy reasons which is indeed already covered. I'm trying to convey that subtly. Remember, Chris reads the CWCki, and loose lips sink ships. I don't think "we" released the Kacey calls, Canine tells me it was all dropped by Liquid's twin brother so it's not like we were able to filter through everything to see if anything was objectionable.
- This is a difficult decision and I need to discuss it with Canine a bit more, unfortunately we have conflicting schedules so I'll try and catch him tonight.--Champthom 06:31, 9 May 2012 (PDT)
- Thank you for restoring the Kim article. I am wondering something concerning what you said about the cwicki supposed to be from Chris's point of view. Why do articles like Obesity state that Chris is fat? He's said multiple times that he does not think he is. There are lots of other examples like this.--Steve Landcleamer 17:07, 11 May 2012 (PDT)
- We go by what Chris thinks/says unless we have decent evidence to the contrary. With his obesity, we have more than enough evidence to support this. --Anonymax 01:04, 12 May 2012 (PDT)
Permanently Banned from Message Board
I really don't understand this at all. Please respond to the email I sent you.--Steve Landcleamer 16:21, 6 May 2012 (PDT)
Never mind one of the other mods took care of this.--Steve Landcleamer 20:39, 7 May 2012 (PDT)
I have a similar problem and would like to be unbanned. Negi Springfield 23:23, 9 July 2012 (PDT)
- I'm guessing you got banned for being a sperglord, but what's your username?--Champthom 05:12, 10 July 2012 (PDT)
I was banned due to 789chan having a thread on me during one of their CWC dry spells. I went by Negi Springfield, so not much different from what I'm using right now. Negi Springfield 17:01, 10 July 2012 (PDT)
I would also like to be unbanned from the message board. Kengel1021 00:29, 7 August 2012 (PDT)
- You've had two threads about you on /cwc/ plus you've sperged about your "comic." No, you're not getting unbanned.--Champthom 04:44, 7 August 2012 (PDT)
There was never a single warning I had received from any board moderator regarding personal attacks or violating message board policy. If my posts were so terrible, it only stands to reason that your moderators would have jumped in. Aren’t they the watchdogs of the message board?
What exactly is your justification for permanently banning people who have been mentioned on 789Chan? Kengel1021 07:22, 8 August 2012 (PDT)
- There is a clear rule about over sperging and if there's a /cwc/ thread about you, odds are you've sperged too much. My moderators are often too lax when it comes to this sort of thing, which is why I step in. I don't need to warn you, you should know better, if you have autism that you choose not to treat that is not my fault. And my rationale? If you've got a thread about you on /cwc/, me banning you is the least of your concerns. In fact, I am doing a favor by preventing you from digging yourself deeper in a hole. --Champthom 07:42, 8 August 2012 (PDT)
Champ this is right from the CWCki about “Sperging” “The CWCki forums highly recommended place to discuss anything about Chris to your heart's content. This board was created in response to the growing demand for a place where people could discuss anything without fear of violating CWCki's strict talk page policies”
As far as sperging about my comic that was in reference to critiquing Chris’ art style
I mentioned there were open source graphics programs such as GIMP that were completely free to download. I brought up the fact that he could spend a little bit of his tugboat on reference works with royalty free manga stock images and copyright would not be an issue.
As for a few of the other topics that I started that probably sperged? Are we being unfair to Chris in judging him? Would you hire Chris if he was genuinely seeking employment? Do you think that Chris and Barbara were intimate with each other? If Chris decided to charge $250 for a for two day visit at his house and a no holds barred interview, would you take him up on it?
The board moderator(s) that I observed that wanted to put in their two cents worth joined right in on the debates: They had no issues with this. You mentioned the board moderators were too lax. I disagree. They were doing their job.
Let me share something with you: When that thread started about me around the beginning of January on 789chan and I was permanently banned: I monitored that thread every day. They went back and looked at my posts. Do you want to know what their reaction was?
They were baffled on why I was being banned. They didn’t bust my chops because of what I posted in the forum. What got the thread off the ground was a personal attack on 789Chan over a Beiber troll on my YouTube channel that came back and bit me in the ass. Was it a moment of stupidity that I regretted? Yup.
Have I been brought up twice on 789Chan? No. I’d say 5 to 10 times is more of a realistic estimate. It wasn’t sperging that brought me up on 789Chan. It was curiosity about my YouTube channel (which has been around for years) and more recently my website. Kengel1021 20:31, 8 August 2012 (PDT)
- Why do you want to go back on the forum so bad? It's kinda sad that you're going to all this trouble. Seriously, move on dude, talk about Chris on /cwc/, see how that goes. Hell, go to Slimz's forum. Or start your own. Why do you want to go back on the forum so much? The point is that you give us unwanted attention and I have enough trouble maintaining the forum's reputation as it is.--Champthom 04:15, 9 August 2012 (PDT)
NOTE slimz forum is no longer active, never really was. Slimz would like to be reinstated in the forums as well :) i have bene here editing for a while ban was like a year ago. slimz - ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ 13:14, 9 August 2012 (PDT)
- Most of your edits are shit, plus what you do here has no bearing on the forums. You are the reason why everyone on /cwc/ thinks we're all A-Logs, there is no fucking way you're going back on the forum. --Champthom 23:35, 9 August 2012 (PDT)
I just took off my last reply. I'm not going to worry about this anymore. Do whatever you want. Kengel1021 22:46, 10 August 2012 (PDT)
- What was the username you had on the forum? I've thought about it and I think I might just let you back on.--Champthom 05:14, 11 August 2012 (PDT)
My username was Kengel1021 Kengel1021 16:04, 18 August 2012 (PDT)
Thank you Champ. I am not sure what the policy for reentry is upon a ban lift under these circumstances so I have registered a new account(YippoBlippo)for the forums.--Kengel1021 16:23, 9 September 2012 (PDT)
I'm on IRC a lot and today is my day off work so if you're around so am I! --Anonymax 02:19, 11 May 2012 (PDT)
can I help?
Hey I have a capture card that does 720p,1800p,ect and wanted to know if I could use it to help (lbp videos,screen shots) does anything need to be rerecorded? also I'm moving soon so if you could say something in the next week or so (before I have to pack my computer up) that would be great. Blaziken 09:14, 1 June 2012 (PDT)
- Sorry it took a day to get back to you, just had to think as I do appreciate your gumption. To be honest though, I can't think of anything in particular, BUT that's just to the best of my knowledge. Head over to the community portal and ask there, there might be some people to have some ideas. Just do me one teensy favor - be sure to sign your posts (that's four ~ in a row) so we know who you are when you post. --Champthom 07:29, 30 May 2012 (PDT)
- thanks! Blaziken 09:14, 1 June 2012 (PDT)
The Bruce Johnson thing is real. I don't even care about the PVCC anymore. I just want you to know I'm not making up what I added to the cwicki. Would you like a wider screenshot of the facebook convo?--Steve Landcleamer 19:26, 20 June 2012 (PDT)
- How do you know it's the real Bruce Johnson? Or rather, why should we trust you? I could easily have made a Bruce Johnson account to fool you. Even if it is real, do we really need it? All it boils down to is Johnson saying he's not a pedophile contrary to what Chris said. Is this really a startling revelation, that Chris said something negative about someone and it's not true? Do we really need to confirm this, in light of Chris's history? --Champthom 23:36, 20 June 2012 (PDT)
- 'Sup bitches, guess who's back? Champy, thought I'd drop in to tell you that under the "no shit is too minor" policy, (which you should really get rid of if it enrages you so), we do indeed need to confirm everything if possible. That said this is still probably bullshit, and confirming this still isn't your job. If you want my two cents, give Landcleamer a chance to convince you of its authenticity at least. I'm sure you have high standards for what you'd accept as convincing proof, so either someone else will go out of their way to contribute something valid, or he can fail to do so and you can say no again. Worst case scenario, Steve Landcleamer turns out to be the weenest of ween trolls and goes through a lot of work to convince you of something fairly inconsequential that can be removed if it later turns out to be fake anyway. The way I see it, this isn't a real problem for you either way. Let the monkey dance. Also, your insulting summaries were hilarious. --Old meme 02:12, 21 June 2012 (PDT)
- I forgot to add in the summary that our friend Steve here wanted to be let into PVCC on the basis of this "startling" revelation. As I've said before, "no shit is too minor" should mean that we don't overlook things, not that we need to get third party confirmation on everything. Anyone who's familiar with Chris knows that his memory isn't totally accurate and he's been known to bullshit. Given that Chris has called Michael Synder a Jew, does this mean we have to contact Michael Synder and confirm whether or not he is a Jew? Do we need to contact Mary Lee Walsh to make sure she's not in fact secretly a witch planning on banning true love from Virginia? It should be pretty obvious that Johnson probably isn't a pedophile, and what does his admission of not being a pedophile say? He could be lying for all we know, I'm not saying he's a pedophile, he probably isn't, but his admission of not being a pedophile shouldn't be startling. I mean, did you expect him to say "Chris got me, I'm a kiddy piddler, I love little boys and molesting them as they sit on my lap and I do horrible profane things to them." Of course the answer is "no," why do we need to have confirmation of this?
- As I've said before, I don't like people bothering Chris tangentially related to Chris about stuff. I think having known Chris is punishment enough, it doesn't help to have epic ween trolls like Steve here think they're gonna get into PVCC on the basis of harassing these people and asking them for information about Chris. I think it's pretty damn weird and spergy to do this, that is to contact people with tangential relations to Chris and ask them details about Chris. Someone on the CWCki Forums is like "No, it's not weird, it's just like liking any celebrity like the Kardashians." Here's the thing - I don't think celebrity magazines are hunting down the lady who served one of those Kardashian people coffee and doing a full length interview. It's bizarre, I would be weirded out if some person went up to and wanted me to tell them everything I know about some person I vaguely remember from years ago.
- This isn't exactly someone who served Chris coffee, it's a major figure in Christory.--Steve Landcleamer 15:43, 23 June 2012 (PDT)
- Burden of proof is on Steve and he's on shakey ground. I don't trust him one bit. I don't like having things that could very easily be false on the CWCki because it hurts our reputation and people already distrust the CWCki as it is, I don't need to give them more reason to distrust it. I don't want to give people an incentive to make up fake bullshit and post it on the CWCki with the thought they'll be declared an epic ween troll for getting "new" "content" and that they'll get into PVCC and that mommy and daddy will finally love them because they'll no longer be wastes of human flesh.
- You have to REALLY convince me here, Steve. --Champthom 03:18, 21 June 2012 (PDT)
- Hey, no objections from me. Steve wants to dig up trivial information to try and get into PVCC, that's his business. It's not like it would at all harm the CWCki to put up a single quote from the man if it does turn out to be true. Though really, you need to do something about the abundance of ween trolls trying to get into PVCC, or even just normal idiots desperately begging for it, like 16BitAlex. Maybe the guys in the forum itself or on IRC get a good laugh out of them, but I personally just get depressed when I see people like Stevey-boy cluttering the CWCki recent changes, desperately pursuing some unattainable goal by making bullshit edits and whining as hard as possible on talk pages. It wastes your time, it wastes mine, it's rather sad, and it's not even entertaining enough for the guys on /cwc/ to get more than a single thread from it. All in all, a pathetic affair for all involved. I would suggest temp-banning Pipecleaner if he continues to make a nuisance of himself after this, under your "Drama whoring" clause. --Old meme 06:13, 21 June 2012 (PDT)
- Champ, you have my email. This might be a dumb idea on my part, but I'm willing to give you the facebook login information so you can see the message for yourself. I'm willing to trust you to not fuck with the account, just to go into the private messages and verify the authenticity. After that can I be allowed back to the cwicki forum, under the understanding that I'll never ask to join the PVCC again?--Steve Landcleamer 07:50, 21 June 2012 (PDT)
- I think /cwc/ has made a good point, a point I have, is that - what did you expect him to say? Of course he's going to say he didn't molest Chris, even if he did molest Chris he's not going to admit it to some stranger. So having him say that he didn't do it isn't saying much, because either way he'll deny it and that really doesn't add anything to the discussion. And like I said, given Chris's background, we know he exaggerates things, and that his recollection of events aren't always the most reliable, do we need to actually get confirmation of this?
- Ignoring the issue you wanted to get into PVCC, I don't see what it really adds to the discussion. I also don't want to encourage people to hassle people connected to Chris to get information.
- If people feel like it absolutely, positively must remain in the article, I'd say something like "From a Facebook message purportedly from Bruce Johnson..." or something like that so people can interpret it however they please. --Champthom 02:38, 22 June 2012 (PDT)
- Alright, can we keep it in under that wording?--Steve Landcleamer 06:34, 22 June 2012 (PDT)
- How do we even know it was from Bruce anyway? I'm not doubting Steve Landcleamer has a message on his facebook, I'm 100% sure that if anyone where to get onto his facebook they would find said message...I'm doubting that it's Bruce. People have been faking to be people Chris knows for quite a while (like Megan), this wouldn't be a first.--4Macie 09:10, 22 June 2012 (PDT)
- Why would someone make an entire fake facebook account full of pictures and friends, on the random change that years after its creation someone recognizes them as Chris Chan's old principal, just so they can dish out false information? If that was the case surely they wouldn't have just said that Chris is a liar and insane.--Steve Landcleamer 10:43, 22 June 2012 (PDT)
- May I ask a question? Even if you did successfully contact Chris's old principal, why was the only thing you could ask "R u pedo lol?". The big questions about Chris's time at NGE are "Why was he sent to the principal?", "Why exactly did they record his screams, was it because he was a repeat offender?", "Why was he transferred there from Greene County Primary?", and "Were the principal's lap incident and scream recording incident the same incident?". Any of those would be worth adding to the CWCki, and it would have cleared away most of the fog surrounding the event. Instead you asked for information that everyone already knew. It's like you stumbled into a garden containing hundreds of delicious alien fruits and came back with a half-eaten ordinary banana.--MoarLurk 15:00, 22 June 2012 (PDT)
- Firstly, if you read the screenshot, you'll see I did ask him what really went down with Chris being sent to his office and having his screams recorded. All Johnson says is Chris is liar. Secondly I figured asking private information out of the blue about a former student would get no answer, by connecting it to the fact that Chris is getting sued by Snyder (who he also claimed was a pedophile), the message comes across as a concerned citizen looking out for Mr. Johnson, rather than some creep obsessed with Chris, and thus got a reply.--Steve Landcleamer 13:56, 23 June 2012 (PDT)
- I would also add that just because the Facebook profile is full of pictures and friends doesn't mean it isn't fake. It could just be a -really- good fake. The kind of fake that leaves no obvious evidence that makes it easy to discern as a fake. As to why someone would have done it, stranger and less tactically sound things have happened, enough that I can conceive of and not be surprised by someone doing it for exactly the reasons you mentioned, regardless of the lack of point in doing so. -Perpetual Lurker 15:17, 22 June 2012 (PDT)
- I will be happy to provide you a link to the facebook page, along with it's postings dating years back, and you still tell me this is can all be chalked up to an elaborate troll scheme.--Steve Landcleamer 15:43, 23 June 2012 (PDT)
- You don't need to. I checked the page in its entirety (at least as much as I had access to) before I posted here, and did again before posting this. I think this is more of a difference of opinion than anything: the factors that convince you that it is real (profile in existence since 2008, existence of friends and wall posts, etc), don't automatically convince me. Like 4Macie said, if this is a fake, it is hardly the first time someone has done it. I'll also reiterate my opinion that a -really- good fake will not have any obvious signs that it is a fake. I'm not saying that the profile is fake, just that there isn't any compelling evidence that it isn't. My official position is that it exists, and people more savvy and/or more connected than I can verify the truth of it all if they choose to. Whether it is or it isn't, I'm inclined to agree with Champthom in that Bruce Johnson not being a pedophile is hardly an earth-shattering surprise. At best, it's just (allegedly) confirming something everybody but Chris already believed to be true. -Perpetual Lurker 17:51, 23 June 2012 (PDT)
- Does anyone object to keeping this info under the wording Champ suggested, "From a Facebook message purportedly from Bruce Johnson..."? --Steve Landcleamer 15:43, 23 June 2012 (PDT)
- I don't think we should put it on here at all until Champthom is convinced it's real. Also; epic ween, brah.. --Old meme 03:33, 25 June 2012 (PDT)
I think the wrong focus here is whether it's indeed real or not. Supposedly this Facebook profile has been around a while, has plenty of photos, etc. What motive is there for someone to go into such detail and for what purposes? It's pretty easy why someone would want to impersonate someone like Megan or someone Chris knew from high school - so Chris will see these people, decide to talk to them, and they'd then be able to troll Chris. What purpose is there for someone faking Bruce Johnson? Why would Chris decide to contact Bruce Johnson? I can only really imagine Chris deciding 1) to look up Johnson and 2) taking the effort to contact him mostly to say something like "You molested me you pedofork!" and mind you, Chris is pretty lazy so he wouldn't go to that much hassle. So we have to possibilities - 1) someone has planned since 2008 to troll Chris and has created a believable Facebook profile, all for the motive of trolling Chris or 2) it's actually Bruce Johnson. Occam's razor would suggest the latter.
I think the real issue here is - how can we be sure it's real or not? There's no way of knowing whether this is real or not. Are we supposed to take Steve's word for it? What's to stop other people from making similar claims? People love making shit up about Chris and using that as a way to get attention for themselves or in Steve's case, to try and get into PVCC. The CWCki was designed purposely to separate truth and fact and that's why I take this sort of thing seriously, namely that I don't like things of dubious origins to be cited as facts on here.
But also, let's consider - why the hell is this so damn important? I mean, it's just Steve saying "Chris says you're a pedophile" and Johnson says "No I'm not." Is that really startling? Will this totally change the way we look at Chris's claim? You know what? Even if he was a pedophile, do you really expect him to admit to a strange he molested children? So his confession says nothing really. I think that a reader of the CWCki should be familiar with Chris's track record with memory in that he tends to remember things in his favor (like that he was a Pokemon gym leader vs. Lucas and Mimms's claim that he only did it one time when all the regular people were out), plus that repressed memories in general can be dubious and that it's very easy to construct pseudo-memories. Let's be VERY generous and let's say that Chris was indeed molested by Bruce Johnson. Does this really excuse his homophobia? I'd say no. True, it'd be a more valid reason than thinking that you can "turn" gay but I think that really only justifies not liking one particular gay person. Let's say a black person robs me - does this justify me being racist to all black people? No, that'd be silly, just because one particular black person harmed me doesn't mean I should hate blacks as a groups. Same thing applies to Chris and gays.
Side note - Steve, don't break up one of my posts, because it looks like you wrote that whole bit when I in fact did.
In regards to your comment, you're right, this isn't like someone serving coffee - it's much weirder. It's more like if a complete stranger approached you on the street and asked you about the guy who sat two seats in back of you in English class and demanding you tell them every single detail about them. No, Chris isn't a celebrity, he's our bizarre obsession and we need to be honest with ourselves, it's sorta weird. If it wasn't for trolling, Chris would be an ordinary, dull person, albeit with some eccentricities but just an ordinary person who you might look at a few extra seconds if you were to pass him by but not a celebrity by normal standards. If you think it's normal to contact people who vaguely know people from ages ago and ask them for every single detail about said person, they'd probably think you're some sort of stalker or there's something mental with you.
So should we have this tidbit on the article? Like I said, I don't think it really adds anything. If it's generating this much furious debate, I don't think it'd be wise to include it. This isn't about me not being convinced, it's about not convincing the CWCki community as a whole. Like I said, I don't think we're losing out on anything major here.
Those are my thoughts at least. --Champthom 05:20, 25 June 2012 (PDT)
Why not include it? Isn't there an inherent interest to here Johnson's response even though it is what we'd assume it would be? It can only make an article stronger. Take for example a New York Times article about an alleged criminal, it will always make a note that they contacted the accused, even if the person simply replies with a refusal to comment.
Including Johnson's comments in the article helps verify what people suspect about Chris (he made this incident up). Isn't further information/confirmation better than none?
As far as proving the facebook message was not some photoshop, I'm still offering Champ access to the acount so that I can prove I am not doctoring things (and if I was wouldn't you expect the details to be a lot juicier?)--Steve Landcleamer 17:41, 25 June 2012 (PDT)
- Seriously, why are you trying so hard for this? I'm pretty sure anyone who reads what Chris thinks about Bruce would naturally assume that Bruce didn't actually touch Chris inappropriately and that Chris's screams were not recorded for Bruce's amusement... --4Macie 21:15, 25 June 2012 (PDT)
- I've already explained myself. What is the harm in including it?--Steve Landcleamer 06:46, 26 June 2012 (PDT)
So would you like the account info? I'd like to definitively prove that this is real and move on.--Steve Landcleamer 17:26, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
- I don't think anyone doubts that you received the message, the uncertainty lies in whether the account you received it from is genuine which cannot be proved by someone logging into your FB account. And also whether it's important enough to go on the CWCki anyway. Samboy 02:07, 28 June 2012 (PDT)
The what's wrong with the wording Champ suggested, "From a Facebook message purportedly from Bruce Johnson..."? We've already established that there's an incredibly slim chance that it's a fake account, and this would reflect that small margin of error.--Steve Landcleamer 06:41, 28 June 2012 (PDT)
- Ehhhh ... I'm still inclined to basically agree with Champ in the respect that this isn't really all that important and we're not losing out on anything major by not including it. I too also wonder why you're so insistent on this. Is this really so important that it's been worth the eight days of discussion thus far? That it's worth giving your Facebook info to someone to prove the authenticity of a point that is almost unanimously considered too minor to really be worth the effort? Which to me, I might add, seems an awful lot like something -Chris- would do, or would have done in the past. Honestly, the more you insist on having this put in the CWCki, the more skeptical I am and the more I feel that, for you, this is less about documenting things related to Chris and more about trying to boost your cred and adding more contributions to your credit. Or, like Champ already pointed out, trying to get into PVCC. Near as I can figure, the only one who is determined to see this in the CWCki is you. --Perpetual Lurker 12:52, 28 June 2012 (PDT)
- This. --Old meme 05:39, 29 June 2012 (PDT)
- Alright fine, you don't want it, I'll stop pushing it. Champ can you let me back on the message board? I didn't violate any rules and it's been two weeks already.--Steve Landcleamer 20:05, 29 June 2012 (PDT)
Help me out.
I want to put this up as the video of the now but I'm not sure how. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r868reAYD4&feature=g-u-uBlaziken
Ban this fag
You won't make me a mod, so get on it. Reason is vandalism. Check his user contributions. --Old meme 09:23, 31 August 2012 (PDT)
- Not seeing it, all he did was say that 789chan was down (it's not anymore). Not sure what you're talking about.--Champthom 09:35, 31 August 2012 (PDT)
- He implied a permanent closure when there was none. So my mistake, not vandalism. Inserting false information into pages. Still ban him. --Old meme 12:05, 31 August 2012 (PDT)
- /cwc/ was down for a while and had a domain parking site in its place, it'd be easy to assume it's closed. A hasty assumption, but not inserting false information. Just revert since it's not the case and move on.--Champthom 18:01, 31 August 2012 (PDT)
- *stress sigh* Fine. I'll let it go this time. But I still believe you're not nearly harsh enough. --Old meme 08:53, 2 September 2012 (PDT)
My IP is permabanned on the CWCki forum...this was the reason: "Multiple Ban Evasions - Keep Your Cool :) " I was told to come here and grovel before you.
Missed a pic
The vandal from earlier uploaded Goatse here as well. Cleaner 07:49, 17 September 2012 (PDT)
^ Ditto. --IwegalBadnik 00:05, 22 September 2012 (PDT)
- I was going to say, I'm usually reluctant to add another "Chris and..." article as I think they tend to be too speculatory at times. But I think this is a decent topic, as I've seen Chris's brand loyalty brought up from time to time on forums, though usually it's some component of it (like "Why is Chris so dedicated to Sonic?") and it's been a while since we've had an article of this caliber written. It's not perfect, but then again I don't think any article on the site is perfect. It looks like you did your homework, as did the other people who contributed to the article. So why the hell not? Go for it, dude. --Champthom 05:21, 2 October 2012 (PDT)
Ban Evasion for What???? I had over 100 posts and had been here for more than a month. I posted in the Cwcki forum inquiring about posting on the General Forum and Smoked Daddy sent me a link to the General Forum to make a formal request. Smoked Daddy approved my request and I was initially able to post in the General Forum. I sent a message to Smoked Daddy saying the problem was resolved.
Because Smoked Daddy was new and somewhat unfamiliar with the technical side of this of the CWCki, the General Forum denied me access after replying to one thread and was no longer able to post. I sent another message to Smoked Daddy informing him that I still had a problem posting in the General Forum. I tried to log in to the forums this morning and saw I was permanently banned. -Kengel1021 06:52, 22 October 2012 (PDT)
- You've been banned before, you know why I banned you before, you don't ban evade on my forum (i.e. sign up for a new account). Take it like a man instead of ban evading like a pussy. I don't care if Smokedaddy was okay with it, you've been banned before and you're still banned, don't think you're that clever. --Champthom 06:55, 22 October 2012 (PDT)
Clever about what Champ? Are you implying there was some sort of subterfuge when I registered a new account? I registered a new account after you lifted the ban (from the 789chan controversy) to avoid any more controversy with my old name on the forum.
I openly stated this right on your userpage under the topic "Permanent Ban". It's still there and was there ever since registered the new account. You must have known I was the same person I registered with the same name, same address, same birthdate and the same hyperlink to my webpage. This was right on my profile. Surely you check your userpage on regular basis.
On second thought: If it makes you feel better thinking I conspired against you, go ahead and enjoy your forum -Kengel1021 10:55, 23 October 2012 (PDT)
I'm confused as to why I'm banned from the forum. I never tried to register another name or anything. I wasn't a trouble maker and never had to be warned.
Forums are offline
It looks like something bad might have happened to them.CompyRex 18:11, 6 November 2012 (PST)
Hey, Champ. I have webspace, and I'm willing to take up hosting responsibilities for the forum. Let me know what you think. SushiHazard 12:57, 7 November 2012 (PST)
Hey, I know you're probably busy with the forums and all, but this guy is uploading some pretty stupid shit. Considering this isn't ED and all, just thought you should know about it. Giantgroundsloth 20:46, 12 November 2012 (PST)
WelcomeBot Doesn't Work?
I notice that the WelcomeBot doesn't work anymore. Is it intentional or a glitch? Alan Pardew 20:09, 13 November 2012 (PST)
why was I banned?
Seriously, why the hell was I banned? All I get from it was Mew jumping to conclusions, Nia complaining about my description of my Chris dream, and Trombonista acting as if it's my responsibility to tell all the members something they could easily find out on their own.- Murderdartxker
- I'm not taking this all out on you but please, for the love of God, if you're going to ask me why you were banned tell me who the fuck you are. If you're using a different user name on the forums than your CWCki account, I need to know because I have no way of looking up your ban. I don't have access to any IP address stuff on here (the CWCki proper) so it's not like I can match it. Also be aware that I don't follow every single thread on the forums and I'm not responsible for every ban. In fact, I personally rarely ban people. I have no problem looking into why you were banned. I just need to know who you are so I can look your account up because I'm not a psychic. Alternatively, in the future, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not taking this all out on you but I don't know why people who come on here using completely different usernames than their forum account expect me to know who they are. --Champthom 04:48, 19 November 2012 (PST)
My username is the same.- murderdartxker
- Ah, here we go - Brooklynbaliff told me you shitposted, had some posts end up in Spergatory, and failed to take advice not to shitpost. Then you ban evaded by pretending to be a "friend" and asking why you were banned. I'm not kind to ban evaders, but I'll see what I can do.--Champthom 07:05, 19 November 2012 (PST)
Banned for My Protection?
"You know, most people don't PM me when they ban evade. Look, I'm doing you a favor, so you're not the next Chris-chan."
You're not fooling me. You're not "protecting me". You're not protecting anybody from "digging themselves into a hole". I've sat in 789chan (now n0chan)while you're so called 789chan policy was practially a laughingstock. In fact Champ you were responsible for Mew getting on their lolcow list.Kengel1021 15:17, 30 December 2012 (PST)
- I don't care. If you want to see what happens when I allow people to be spergs on my forum, ask Paul David "Eyebrows" Smith. --Champthom 08:03, 31 December 2012 (PST)
You are like many people with Asperger Syndrome who try using computer logic with a predictable result when it comes to human behavior. Such and such was mentioned on n0chan: Therefore such and such sperged. Not surprisingly, you are laboring under a misconception concerning PaganDeathKnight. This was not just simple sperging. He unethically requested Megan’s dox, and then tried selling his services as a field agent. Most significantly, he came onto 789chan trying to be an internet tough guy much like Robert Wayne Stiles. In other words he was feeding the trolls. Judging whether someone becomes a “Chris Chan” is not a computer-like science; it’s an art that requires intuition and individual judgment (i.e. analyzing thread direction, social interaction of the threads, emerging patterns, relationship history) and it’s different for each individual. Yes some things can be deducted but much of this is intuitive (reading between the lines) and you seem to be unable to do this. This can be learned by an Aspie such as yourself if you are willing to take the time to lurk in n0chan and study the threads and the patterns of interaction. --Kengel1021 19:30, 1 January 2013 (PST)
locking non-talk pages
i changed the config so that non-jerkops/sysops can't edit the main namespace. talk pages are still editable. tell me how it works out --Cogsdev 04:44, 23 January 2013 (PST)
Do something about the spam usernames all over RC pls. Thanks. Aschlafly 17:33, 28 January 2013 (PST)
My offer still stands about hosting the forum. Seeing as the relief forum just kicked the bucket, now may be a good time to move on.
My email is ichverbot at gmail dot com
--Null 20:24, 29 January 2013 (PST)
I sent a reply 2 hours after the original email, check your spam folder. I've already set up the forum. http://cwckiforums.com
I've registered you an account called Champthom with full admin powers. The password is in the email.
--Null 13:56, 31 January 2013 (PST)
I sent another email to your personal address. Let me know if you got it.
--Null 18:34, 31 January 2013 (PST)
Re: For Pete's Sake
Thanks, I'll remember that. Alan Pardew 00:05, 10 September 2013 (PDT)
I would like to ask you to please review the page on sagas, as there has recently been the addition of a "Revalation [sic] Saga"--as though a new era is upon us. I am skeptical of its legitimacy, so I appreciate it if you took a look. --IwegalBadnik 00:48, 8 October 2013 (PDT)
Hi, I've been trying to clean up the Facebook sections of the wiki. I wonder what you have to say about my changes.
Also, I've made some comments in the portal, and I would like you to look at this: CWCki:General#Facebook_revamp.
ChaosAkita 07:57, 5 November 2013 (PST)
- Hi it doesn't seem like you have any opinion on my current facebook revamp, so I will be finishing it up as I've done the rest of the posts. ChaosAkita 14:26, 19 November 2013 (PST)
Hate to bother you about this
Would you mind deleting my first upload of the 6th photo commented on by Chris? The reason is that I'm a moron. --DawnDusk 02:55, 1 January 2014 (PST)
- Did that for you. Alan Pardew 06:57, 1 January 2014 (PST)
- Thank you very much. --DawnDusk 07:12, 1 January 2014 (PST)
Re: Welcome Template
I am aware of that, but when I did so, this is what I got, everything's perfectly fine except for the final part: http://i.imgur.com/OtWcjdA.png
Grace Baptist Church
I'd like to ask for your consultation. I've come to the conclusion that the date for Chris's expulsion from Grace Baptist Church provided by the article on this subject is wrong, and I have stated my reasons for thinking so here. I'm hesitant however to amend the article because this would mean reverting a five year old edit. Seeing that among this wiki's active users you have been here for the longest time, I'd like to know your thoughts on this matter. - NegaCWC (talk) 23:49, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not sure how we got that date, I imagine it's mentioned somewhere if you dig for it. It's possible that someone just guessed the date. If you can't find a source for the date, I'd say it's better to err on the side of caution and say that Chris was banned sometime in that general time range instead of an exact date. Or just putting a "citation needed" might work to say that we don't have an exact citation for it.
- Just because an edit is really old doesn't always mean it's right. There's usually some reason for it but we didn't always have high standards and as I've mentioned before, because we don't have a lot of editors, bad content can be left for long periods of time without someone catching it. --Champthom (talk) 10:05, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the input. As far as I can see not only there aren't any sources for that date, the sources we do have argue against it (see Grace Baptist Church talk page for my arguments). I'm going to wait a couple of more days to see if anyone has anything to say on this matter, and if there won't be any objection I'm going to edit the article according to my plans. - NegaCWC (talk) 15:58, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
Context for Twin Falling Towers
On the forums you suggested that someone told Chris he should make Twin Falling Towers because Clyde worked in the Twin Towers. However, the article precludes this. Now, it wouldn't excuse Chris' behavior, but it would add some context to the situation and make it seem less A-Loggy if it was true that he didn't come up with the idea all on his own. Is it safe to say that a troll at least may have suggested this idea to him? --Holdek (talk) 16:16, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- I recall seeing a post where someone actually influenced Chris to make a video, and if it does, I agree that context should be added. Alan Pardew (talk) 16:32, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- I don't recall saying that. Not saying I didn't, I just don't remember saying anything about that video. I certainly don't remember anything about it being because Clyde worked at the Twin Towers. I can say that I'm like, 99% sure that someone suggested he make this but I don't have a public source to verify this. I consider myself reliable but I don't want the reason it's cited as "because Champthom says so" as the reason. Truth be told, pretty much all but a very few of Chris's videos were made because someone suggested or motivated him to make a video he might not have made.
- Saying he might have been influenced isn't awful, but it just seems very wishy washy and you can argue all sorts of crazy stuff about Chris if you suggest he "might" do something. I'm not an A-Log, I wasn't personally offended by the video like some people were but I think that even if Chris was motivated to do this by someone else, Chris lacked the discretion and judgement to realize that making a video mocking what's a national tragedy in the minds of many people as being in extremely poor taste and that is what people would find reprehensible about Chris. Again, I don't think this justifies the A-Log arguments that Chris should be trolled because he made that video or that makes Chris an amoral monster, just that Chris exercised extremely poor judgement that he really should have been able to exercise. --Champthom (talk) 12:14, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I will just delete this part then: "Many believed that Chris must have been motivated by a trusted friend into creating such a video for the express purpose of causing Chris to embarrass himself for our amusement, but there has been no evidence to support this theory. Chris just managed to do something so autistic that it was difficult to believe, even for him." That seems to be speculation itself, and anyway the rest of the article already talks about how tasteless and offensive Chris was in doing this. --Holdek (talk) 20:38, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Anna's CWCki account?
In 2011 a user called FFFFFUUUUU edited the CWCki and claimed to be Anna, and you responded to him/her under the assumption that this is indeed everyone's favorite Mormon. It is confirmed for certain that Anna is the operator of this account? If so, can I edit the article on Anna to mention her edits to the CWCki and likewise use her edits as a source about her relationship with Chris? - NegaCWC (talk) 16:37, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
CWC Videos on Archive.org
Hi, you seem to be the highest-in-command here. I thought you'd like to know that the Internet Archive has a collection of CWC videos here. That should preserve his legacy for a REAL long time. Letter Z (talk) 17:05, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- Wow, that's pretty impressive. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.--Champthom (talk) 17:28, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- You're welcome. :) I'm actually the guy who uploaded all of those videos—in their highest resolution. Let me know if any videos need uploading on the collection. Plus, I've backed up this wiki and archive.sonichu.com here and here respectively. Hope I've helped out. I'm sorry for starting out here with some sexism comments. I've had bad experiences with girls in my past... Letter Z (talk) 20:30, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
Unable to make new pages
Hi. I am unable to make new pages because even though it gives me a notice about needing to play a game to prove I'm human, it doesn't show me the game. I'd like a little help with this, please. --FromtheWordsofBR (talk) 19:40, 18 January 2015 (UTC)
Hello. I was just browsing through the video of Chris's old DVD that he released in 2007. There is a big disparity between the images shown on the video and the images found in "Category:DVD slideshow images." While many of the missing images are scattered around the CWCki, there are many shown on the video that I've never seen before and I can't find anywhere on the CWCki. For some reason, the slideshow images were uploaded to the CWCki in bits and pieces by different users. My question is, do you or any other old-timers know if these images are saved somewhere? Where did they come from originally? When Chris gave PandaHalo a copy of the scrapbook, did she also get the old photos?
I would like to restore this photo album, and I'd like to get my hands on a few particularly interesting photos. Any assistance would be welcome. Thanks. --asperhes, 1/31/15.
- Panda dropped an entire .rar or something along those lines of the DVD slideshow. If I'm not mistaken, she did a drop of the DVD slideshow and then of his scrapbook. I'm curious what images may be missing. I remember I was the person who initially uploaded all the images from that .rar, one by one so it's plausible I might have missed one. It's been a while since I've seen the DVD slideshow but I don't recall seeing images that weren't in the DVD.
- It's possible that the images you're thinking of are on here, but not properly categorized. Unfortunately, there are many things on here not properly categorized and personally I'm leaning on that explanation. --Champthom (talk) 14:20, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
MediaWiki noob here. I don't know who else to talk to, and you seem to be pretty well-versed in the workings of the site. I made a Favicon for the CWCki, but I don't know who to send it to in order to get it on the site. Would you know what to do about that? This is what it looks like: Pwnisher248 (talk) 03:27, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
- I swore we had a favicon, must have been lost at some point. That's a fine looking one, I'll see what I can do. --Champthom (talk) 13:17, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
- Cool. I'm a noob so I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the white border, but someone who knows this stuff better than me could. Pwnisher248 (talk) 17:23, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
Retiring from the CWCki?
Broken MediaFire Links
Hello, so all across the wiki are broken Mediafire links, and it's pretty bad. Is there any way that these links could be repaired by reuploading the appropriate files so that the public can download them? By the way, I've reuploaded a lot of Chris material on the Internet Archive (including two YouTube videos blocked off in the U.S.): https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22christian+weston+chandler%22. I could upload the material (or you guys can) on to the Internet Archive, where they try to preserve anything that is digital.
Can You Lock The A-Logging Page?
I added some guy named Henry Panfil to the Wall of A-Logging Shame (seriously, if wanting to see Chris chop his own dick off doesn't qualify you I don't know what does). Now he keeps chimping out and re-editing the page with unrelated shit. I don't mind people talking shit on me, but I don't want to see it done on unrelated pages. My apologies if I'm in the wrong here. Newwaveknight (talk) 20:56, 2 April 2017 (UTC)
Champ's retired man. The last thing he ever did over here was from last year, and he said on the CWCki Club that he will no longer be really active. Go yell at [[User:Canine|Canine] instead. -Windows OS (talk) 22:45, 2 April 2017 (UTC)