Talk:Chris in the media
- 1 To do
- 2 Internets section
- 3 Notability blogs
- 4 Sonichu
- 5 Chris and the Media
- 6 Dead link
- 7 I am better than your kids.
- 8 Chris was mentioned in Trollsnews
- 9 Hardcore Kid
- 10 Subtle reference in Sonic Jump Fever trailer?
- 11 IMDB
- 12 GameStop
- 13 Drunken Peasants Podcast
- 14 New section for funny quotes from various other small channels?
- 15 Fame
- 16 Splitting the article into two categories
- 17 Where do webcomics belong?
You know how some of you folks wanted articles just about the radio appearance by Chris? Well congratulations, you have this page.
Ideally, this page serves to document all the appearances made by Chris in the media, ideally focusing on traditional media (TV, newspapers, radio, etc.). We could throw in the high profile sites like Fark, The Atlantic, etc. --Champthom 15:04, 17 October 2009 (CEST)
Seriously, put media appearances here. I don't want to see articles like "Chris on the Radio" because then we'd need "Chris on TV," "Chris on the Blogosphere," "Chris in newspapers," "Chris in the middle of the street screaming," which defeats the purpose of this article. --Champthom 22:53, 23 October 2009 (CEST)
-I'm probably just being biased, but is the Atop the Fourth Wall reference really needed? I don't really know if that's high profile enough to merit a mentioning. Admiral Klank 21:16, 27 October 2010 (PDT)
- Hey! Linkara is even more internet famous than Chris. Also, HE IS A MAN! *punch* --trombonista 21:20, 27 October 2010 (PDT)
This is my wikifag in me coming out, but can someone establish the notability of some of the sites mentioned in the Internet media section? Obviously Fark is high profile, Harry Partridge definitely, but how about this Linkara fellow? Or Heavy.com? Or SpliceToday? I ask because I don't want people getting the idea that any time some YouTube ranter mentions Chris, it deserves a mention. Are these sources notable in any substantive way? Maybe someone who's familiar with these sites could chime in.--Champthom 07:11, 26 September 2011 (PDT)
- Linkara is the creator of Atop The Fourth Wall, a web show reviewing bad comic books. It's one of the most popular series on That Guy With the Glasses.--trombonista 20:34, 26 September 2011 (PDT)
- While I don't know much about this Linkara guy, the wikipedia article on That Guy with the Glasses has a section about Atop The Fourth Wall. As well as that an entry on Linkara also exists on wikipedia but not as an article of it's own but as a redirect to That Guy with the Glasses. I think that makes him notable enough to have his comments about Sonichu incorporated in this article. - NegaCWC 12:38, 27 September 2011 (PDT)
Heh, would Sonichu be notable enough for its own Wikipedia article? Barry 15:52, 27 September 2011 (PDT)
Chris and the Media
Is that a possibility for helping to flesh this page out?
Just my own suggestion.Darkspecteranon 23:25, 27 September 2011 (PDT).
we gotta add Failosophy to this list, including the reactions of the hosts. Anyone know how to embed a non-YouTube vid--CaseHa 17:56, 15 March 2013 (PDT)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
--Anonymax 01:01, 28 September 2011 (PDT)
I am better than your kids.
I saw one of Chris's drawings on a website. Should it go under this or the drawing itself?
- A) Learn to sign your posts. You just need to put four Tildas (~) at the end of it. B) If I'm not mistaken the I Am Better than Your Kids website is written by Maddox, same guy who does The Best Page in the Universe. Since he's important enough to have a wikipedia article I'm guessing that him discussing Chris on one of his website is significant enough to warrant a mention of it in this article. NegaCWC 10:05, 19 May 2012 (PDT)
Chris was mentioned in Trollsnews
Is Hardcore Kid really worth mentioned there and notable? As far as I know, he only got an ED page and unlike Linkara who is part of TGWTG, he's only in Reviewers Unknown. Alan Pardew 05:54, 11 January 2014 (PST)
- Who says it has to be notable? Isn't the motto of this wiki "no shit is too minor"? Freaking Cvillepedia is notable enough for this list; what gives them a free pass but not a video reviewer whose show is 5+ years old? Apostrophe (talk) 13:47, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
- I sometimes regret adopting the motto "No shit is too minor." To me, it means that we shouldn't overlook the little things, not that we have to document every single time someone makes a statement about Chris.
- Is this Hardcore Kid mentioned and linked by major new sources, blogs, etc.? That would be my test of whether he should be on the page or not. I haven't looked at this page in ages, I'm not crazy about Cvillepedia as anyone can make a wiki page for Chris on a given wiki. --Champthom (talk) 13:43, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
Subtle reference in Sonic Jump Fever trailer?
Sonic Jump Fever - Official Announcement Trailer Look at some of the names used in the leaderboard feature - the animation shows a player called Chris jumping on top of a player called Megan. Probably a coincidence... VanillaHotHotSpicyBaby 21:23, 12 June 2014 (GMT)
- I think it's coincidential. Even if it actually references Chris and Megan (in fact, even SEGA once mentioned about Sonichu in one video), I don't think it warrants a mention. Alan Pardew (talk) 14:03, 18 June 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know. The IMDB entry did mention which video Chris was included (the RayWilliamJohnson one), but overall the entry is pretty vague. However, I say add it and give it a try and see how it goes. Alan Pardew (talk) 14:42, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
Drunken Peasants Podcast
He showed up on the drunken peasants podcast
New section for funny quotes from various other small channels?
I think there should be a section that's a collection of quotes from other CWC videos made by various other creators. Doesn't have to be a huge mainstream channel or whatever, just various things they've said referencing CWC.
Splitting the article into two categories
Since this article is bound to expand endlessly, I feel that this already-bloated article should be split two to make it easier to navigate. Currently, I am thinking of splitting between traditional media (i.e. news, music, and video games) and online media. -Larry the Larryhog (talk) 22:10, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
- Good idea. Another problem with the current article is gems like Sega Acknowledges Sonichu end up buried with random podcasts and stuff. Maybe it'd be good to only give significant/funny items their own headings and merge all the minor ones into a Miscellaneous heading. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 23:31, 27 August 2019 (UTC)