I think this makes more sense to be a new Saga rather than be a separate thing from the sagas. Know what? Fuck it, I'm doing it.
If only the CWCKI WOULDN'T FUCK UP EVERYTIME I TRY TO EDIT THE GOOD PAGES!!!
Should the financhu crisis be made a new saga?
with the new mortgage of $100,000 that has come up i dont think chris is going to stop begging for money anytime soon --kettleonwater 8th September 2016 10:48am
- I think so. The current spate of begging has been ongoing for half a year now, and he was also begging back in 2014. That's longer than several of the sagas. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 17:40, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- However, as you can see above, I tried editing the saga page to add in the Financhu Crisis as a new saga, but it does not work. It keeps giving me a blank page on Firefox, a 504 error on IE. It also affects other pages too. If this doesn't get fixed, then the Tomgirl saga will last forever. Windows OS (talk) 02:15, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
- OK. Just did a test edit. It appears to be working now.
I'm workin' on it...DONE. Windows OS (talk) 02:17, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
New Financhu Icon
I had added a new icon and template for the Financhu Crisis for the video pages:
As of July 14, 2018, I saw a post from Chris Chan begging for money. Even though he is using his mother to do the begging, I figure this resets the counter on the main page? Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJiQKoL8UI
Splitting off timeline sections?
This article is getting very long. I think it'd be good to make separate pages for the timelines, and just summarize what happened that year here, similar to the Ebay and the sales listings pages. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 22:11, 26 April 2019 (UTC)
- I think the whole timeline can be spun-off to a single page called Timeline of the Financhu Crisis, while the main article summarises the events. There is always the option of splitting the timeline further if required. --Little Owl (talk) 03:11, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
- Running the article text through a byte counter shows 57 kb for the full article and 43 kb for the full timeline. I feel that's still too much to wade through in a single page, especially since there's so much repetition. The 2016 timeline is only 13 kb, which is about the length of most articles. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 03:53, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
- Splitting off the timeline is something that I fully agree on, but I feel that there should be no issue with the size of the timeline in a single spin-off page: I think the main focus for now is to make the main article (Financhu Crisis) concise, and then those interested in the details can click through to the spin-off pages. I think that one idea to allay concerns about length of the spun-off timeline is to try out a horizontal TOC from Wikipedia and simplify the headers for it. --Little Owl (talk) 04:40, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
- Revisiting this since the Crisis is now in its fifth year, I still think separating by year is ideal. The sections on the main page could be written like this:
- Main article: Timeline of the Financhu Crisis (2016)
- Main article: Timeline of the Financhu Crisis (2017)
If the timeline was split into only one page, it would require redirects set up anyway. I'm also planning to make a template for money-related matters, similar to the one for Reality, which should help with navigating the different pages of the timeline. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 16:35, 3 February 2020 (UTC)
Can Chris get a job now?
It appears to me that in Financhu Crisis § Why Chris refuses to work, Chris could in theory get a job if he wanted to, but according to White knight § Chris cares only for himself, it is too late for Chris to get any job now, as implied by the phrase “He's never going to get a job now”. I think the bits about Chris and employment prospects need to be checked for consistency and brought up to date where needed. --Little Owl (talk) 07:51, 26 May 2019 (UTC)
- I think the White Knight article is a bit pessimistic about it. Chris could learn how to hold a job, just like he learned to sell stuff on Ebay/Etsy and milk his internet fame for cash. He just hasn't needed to yet since fans keep sustaining his online business. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 22:15, 26 May 2019 (UTC)
- I agree. I would also like to add that everything written about Chris and employment seems to be pessimistic to the point of alogging. It's either "Chris is such a loser he'll never get a job now", "Chris is such a lazy shit that he won't even apply for work", or "Chris is so unprofessional that he could never work in a corporate environment or live up to Miyamoto-san's standards" etc. *sigh* I just don't like the tone of most of the material written about this subject. AReasonableMan (talk) 00:02, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
I revised it to say that Chris needs to take action against his ego immediately, but I think further revisions are needed to improve the flow and structure of the section. I am still surprised at the garnishment petition, because if I remember correctly from Kiwi Farms, the creditors cannot easily arrest his tugboat (or a part of it): it is hard for me to decide on my feelings towards Chris, because the one who wishes him to suffer the consequences gets criticized for weening, while the one who supports him get criticised for fuelling his ego. It is a very unique dilemma that I remain neutral on: I instead focus on improving the CWCki. --Little Owl (talk) 00:07, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
- I am probably more neutral than you, but also more lazy. After re-reading the article it still makes me depressed. I don't know if this is the intent, but it's just a lot darker and more negative than most of the CWCKi, just like many of the Chris and... articles. Unfortunately I don't have a solution at this time. AReasonableMan (talk) 00:56, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
- I feel that the Financhu Crisis and the Dimensional Merge have been the main factors behind the pervasive pessimism: it has been like that long before I joined the CWCki in April, and from what I know so far, there have been many failed attempts (to help Chris) to justify such pessimistic language? --Little Owl (talk) 14:40, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
- People have been fervently bashing Chris in one way or another since the ED days. That's how he got Internet-famous. IMHO peeps have been pretty tolerant of Dimensional Merge stuff. Financhu Crisis is an easier excuse to Kick the Autistic as it's reminiscent of the Miyamoto Saga and similar events around that time when Chris was trying to get his game(s) made. I joined around the time that one should not call anyone, and that was the reason for the teasin' at that time. tl;dr people troll Chris for many reasons. AReasonableMan (talk) 04:12, 28 May 2019 (UTC)
- On the garnishment, tugboat money is technically exempt, but Chris makes hundreds per month in Patreon/Ebay which is up for grabs. And if he has that money mixed in the same bank account, he loses the tugboat immunity and the court can award the creditor however much they need. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 01:12, 27 May 2019 (UTC)