Timeline of the Financhu Crisis (2016)
- 1st - Chris buys a PS4, worth $540, from Fingerhut (using a credit card).
- 16th - Barb is found guilty in a debt case involving Discover Financial Services. The judgement states that she owes $4,706.93.
- 19th - Chris spends $425 on a single Lego set, available for $75 less on the lego website.
- 12th - Chris begs. This video is notable for being the first video devoted to asking for money.
- 16th - It's revealed that Chris borrowed $3,000 from a payday loan.
- 24th - Chris begs again, this time without offering crafts in exchange.
- 4th - The donations listing on Chris's Etsy shop is removed, presumably for violating TOS.
- 9th - Chris spends $60 on his waifu.
- 23rd - The Chandlers pay $616.52 for the first half of 14BC's 2016 property tax.
- 23rd - Chris begs for bananas. He also announces the debut of a Support button on his Youtube channel to replace the Etsy listing.
- 25th - Chris begs in a Facebook post while reminding readers that Etsy removed his donation listing and that he has a Support button on Youtube instead.
- 26th - Chris begs on Facebook, links to his game stream of Uncharted and repeats his statements from the 25th.
- 28th - Chris spends nearly $100 on Transformers.
- 29th - Chris spends another $30 on his waifu.
- 31st - Chris spends $150 more on Transformers.
- 8th - Chris's Etsy shop is closed, presumably for failing to send orders.
- 11th - Chris begs for money in the same video in which he announces that his shop is closed. Starting from this video, Chris adds his begging to the video descriptions.
- 14th - Chris begs to have $100 for Barb's asthma medicine, in two videos which feature Barb.
- 17th - Chris begs to have $200 for an electric bill, while reading a fanfic called "Unicorns, Rainbows, and a Bluebird of Happiness".
- 19th - Chris begs, again saying he wants $200 for an electric bill, and also wanting food money, while reading another chapter of Bluebird.
- 19th - Chris wants to become a prostitute, in an attempt to get both money and china.
- 26th - Chris begs his half-brother Cole Smithey for financial help, while simultaneously insulting him for "pissing and burning" the money he earns from working as a movie critic on apartment rent.
- 29th - Chris begs, saying that even though he got donations, he wants more because "we could still do better", before reading the third chapter of Bluebird.
- 1st - Chris pays his $541 court costs for pepper-spraying a Gamestop employee in 2014.
- 8th - Chris begs while reading chapter four of Bluebird.
- 9th - Chris begs in a long rant, saying he is stressed from dealing with finances. He mentions a mortgage among the bills. He wants food money for himself, Barb and their pets.
- 10th–11th - Chris begs in a series of four videos, wanting $20 or $50. He demeans himself on camera to get people to donate. Finally, he thanks people for sending the "minimum $20" before begging to have money for Barb's teeth.
- 13th - Barb begs to have money for her dental work.
- 13th - Chris finally decides to sell some of his toys to raise money. He lists one Pokémon card on eBay for $50.
- 14th - Chris lists two more Pokémon cards on eBay, for $100 each.
- 15th - Chris begs for food money in a Facebook post, complaining that people aren't willing to donate anymore.
- 18th - Chris begs for money in the same video in which he reads an anniversary dedication, while expecting to be paid $50 for it.
- 18th - One of the $100 Pokémon cards Chris listed on eBay is sold.
- 20th–22nd - Chris produces eight videos to earn money from his fanbase.
- 23rd - Chris returns to begging on Facebook. He also announces that "this window is for Donations Only. No video requests until further notice", after his YouTube account receives its second strike against it for violating policy on "nudity or sexual content" after a video he uploaded on the 22nd got reported. He also begs to a Kiwi Farms user named crayolasword who asks him about the situation.
- 24th - Chris announces on Facebook that he has grown a labia using subliminal frequencies found on YouTube. He also requests donations for gender reassignment.
- 26th - Three days after being barred from uploading videos to his CwcvilleGuardian YouTube account, Chris circumvents the ban by uploading to another account, restarting the Paid Video Requests program and accepting offers for $10-$50.
- 28th - Chris makes one sale on the video program.
- 4th - Barb is sued by yet another bank. The hearing will take place on September 14th.
- 5th - Chris pays $121 in court costs and fines for failing to acquire proper certifications for his dogs.
- 5th - Chris begs for donations in a Facebook post and asks for tubes of Oestrogel to be sent to him.
- 9th - Chris relists the Birthday Pikachu card on eBay for $500 and begs people to "Buy It Now and help me and my family". He also offers a VHS tape of Aladdin for $3,000.
- 11th - Chris begs Cole Smithey for financial help again, this time by saying, "Hey! Cole!!! Get off of your ass and apologize and make peace with us here, In Person, and Help Us Financially, Please".
- 14th - A buyer purchases the Megatron pistol from Chris, netting Chris $50. It's the first Relic of Fail to be sold during the Crisis.
- 31st - Chris begs his audience on Facebook to pay his mortgage of $115,000.
- 12th - Chris is spotted and photographed at a Toys "Я" Us buying two tins of Pokémon cards, two days before his mother goes to court.
- 14th - Greene County's court rules that Barb owes $15,906.99 in unpaid debt to Capital One bank.
- 19th - Chris begs in a Facebook post, while showing off his new pet cat. He wants money to cover bills for the second half of the month, one paragraph after stating that he needed "allowance fun" to get a break from stress in the first half of the month.
- 27th - Chris claims in a video that the "fickle finances" are improving for him and Barb, shortly before playing with his newly-bought Transformers toys, showing that he is unaware or does not care about the fact that his mother legally owes over $20,000 as a result of the two lawsuits filed against her in 2016 or that the property tax for their house will be due in two months.
- 18th - Chris resumes begging in a video, saying that he is sick and that he is running low on chicken noodle soup and money. Notably, he had spent $160 buying Transformers toys on eBay in the weeks beforehand.
- 9th - Chris, in response to the election, films a video of him destroying a Transformer toy that is meant to represent Donald Trump. The toy was part of the Transformers toy purchase back in September, costing him $25.
- 18th - Chris spends $90 on Pokemon and Transformers.
- 21st - The Chandlers pay the second half of their 2016 property tax for 14 Branchland Court, costing them $616.52.
- 21st - Chris makes another video to beg for donations again. He also posts to Twitter, saying, "We need more money, please. The Mortgage people are kicking us again. Please send money to me via PayPal".
- 22nd - Chris reacts to a penny donated by a troll, tweeting, "We need Donations larger than a penny apiece. Please try to give us $10 or a Lot more than that".
- 30th - Chris posts that he will join Patreon, after Barb had to pawn a necklace, which she had to sell at a significant loss for $325, to pay debts/bills.
- 30th - Chris updates his Christmas wish list, to remove the $50 Transformers toy, named "Alpha Trion and Astrotrain", which he had bought. He does not pawn this, or any of his other toys, to help Barb; instead, he makes a video of himself playing with it.
- 30th - Chris launches his Patreon account. He states that he wants $200,000 to pay the "home's finances, including the Mortgage and Credit Cards". He also says he wants an extra $50,000 for "rainy day(s)".
- 1st - Chris updates his Patreon with more gifts, consisting of merchandise from Skylanders customized to appear like his in-game avatar (which would be produced by that company) and clarifies that he wants $250,000 total, rather than per month, showing that he still has unrealistic views on how much he can scam out of people.
- 2nd - Chris uploads Alpha Trion/"Young" warrior challenge explained, in which he plugs his Patreon channel while playing with expensive Transformers toys.
- 19th - Barb wants to sell a riding lawn tractor for $595.
- Etsy#Shop Closure
- June 2016 Facebook posts#O brother, where art thou?
- July 2016 Facebook posts#Chris Offers a Pokemon Card for Sale
- August 2016 Facebook posts#Buy this $3,000 VHS tape
- Get off your ass, Cole!
- List of toys#Transformers: Titans Return
- Twitter#Ticked off about Pokemon Sun
- November 2016 Facebook posts#Pokemon Sun and Moon networking
- Twitter#More wish list demands
- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS25156&mode=retail Chris mentioned this shop listing