Timeline of the Financhu Crisis (2018)
- 27th - Chris's Patreon hits its highest-ever amount of $820.
- 28th - Chris is photographed at The End Games holding new Pokémon cards.
- 31st - Chris lists three binders of Pokémon cards, at $150, $200 and $700 amounts – supposedly for Barb's dental bills. The $150 and $200 binders are purchased on the same day. Chris purchases Blast Chamber, for PS1.
- 3rd - Chris lowers the price for the last Pokémon album to $500 and it is snapped up. He then lists a binder of UFS cards for $300 (cutting the price to $200 later). The binder eventually sells for $150.
- 11th - Chris suffers seller's remorse and buys two Pokémon cards – Charizard and Shining Gyarados – to replace the ones from his binder, spending over $50. He also maintains his habit of buying empty game disc cases to make his collection appear neater, acquiring three for Xbox at a $9 cost.
- 27th - Searching through the hoard for more junk to sell, Chris finds a package of 25 bootleg Pokémon LeafGreen/Emerald games from a concerned fan who mailed them to him years ago, and puts them up on eBay, saying he wants sales "to help my mother and I some more, please. Thank you. :)" He makes $80 in sales that day, then promptly spends $35 of it on two My Little Pony Funko dolls. Also, Chris sent one of his eBay buyers an empty envelope and receives negative feedback.
- 31st - Chris spends $500 to get ancestry DNA reports for him, his mom, and his deceased father.
- 5th - Chris lists Cole's old homework and childhood awards for sale.
- 6th - He begs for sales of Cole's stuff in a paid request video.
- 9th - Chris uploads another begging video featuring Barb and they claim the Chandlers must make two payments to the mortgage company this month, echoing a problem from a year prior. Tings Tingz donates $40 because a ween had failed to pay Chris for a paid request video.
- 11th - On the 74th day of the Sonichu comic's hiatus, Chris apologizes for the lack of updates. He records I’m stressed, but I am working and begs for more sales.
- 13th - Chris lists more of his personal belongings and toys for sale. He also makes another begging video.
- 14th - Chris lists the Amnyfest Ring for sale, asking price: $10,000.
- 16th - Jack Z pledges $100 for a video.
- 17th - Chris thanks a fan during a Twitch stream for purchasing the ring. Jack Z gives Chris $1,200 for a trip to Bronycon, in the hopes that he will meet with Chris there and get to interview him on YouTube.
- 19th - Chris lists his Wii U Fit meter for sale, along with a bonus emptied Teal Overtone bottle.
- 20th - Chris buys God of War (PS4) for $59.99. He also begs for a new phone because the battery on his current one is dying.
- 23rd - Chris lists his porn drawings on eBay for $1,000.
- 24th - Chris begs for $200 in exchange for a video tour of his house.
|“||our finances are Very Low - the worst is has ever been.||”|
- 1st - Chris wastes $67 on Amiibos.
- 2nd - Chris complains about the fact he "only" received $450 from Patreon instead of the $900 that had been pledged prior to the billing period, even though he had gone for 95 days without lifting a finger on updating the comic.
- 4th - Chris begs for money to be donated to ship out people's items that they had paid for already.
- 5th - Chris puts out an ambiguous statement that something bad happened to him during the last six months and that, as a result, his finances are the worst they've ever been.
- 8th - Barb and Chris beg in multiple videos for mortgage payment money, saying they must make two payments tomorrow and are at risk of foreclosure if they do not. He slashes prices on eBay, offers free shipping and offers a celebrity visit from himself for $500. Later, Chris wastes money by buying a "Lease One, Get One" deal from Sprint, as an upgrade to the iPhone 8s, meaning he has two phones. He puts his old, damaged iPhone 6s up for sale for $350, but refuses to sell the new ones, too.
- 9th - Chris scrounges up the money to make the mortgage payment, blames the mortgage company for being "money-gouging assholes".
- 10th - During a paid video, Barb and Chris beg for eBay sales to help pay the mortgage. Chris complains that he can't go to BronyCon 2018, saying, "I TOOK CARE OF MY BILLS AND EVERYTHING WAS TAKEN FROM ME! FUCKING EVERYTHING!"
- 16th - It's estimated that eBay charges Chris a $220 seller fee for the $2,265 worth of sales he made in April.
- 18th - Chris tweets to BronyCon, requesting free admission, on the grounds that "y'all know who I am" and that he is having extreme financial difficulties. A fan points out that BronyCon offers a three-day pass for only $65, but Chris hesitates, saying he wants a higher tier pass for getting autographs and laments that "due to Unfortunate Circumstances my funds are low beyond my typical 'careless spending'". Note: The higher tier passes only grant priority in line. Chris also complains about Seterus, saying that the mortgage company had called Barb and claimed they had not received their check, despite Chris consulting his bank and confirming a cashed check. Note: Seterus has many negative reviews for its poor customer service, many of which make similar allegations as Chris. It could also be the work of Lucas Wolf, a ween who has a history of fraudulently representing himself as a customer service representative. Finally, a fan suggests that Chris get a job, to which he quips: "You're so original."
- 19th - A fan suggests that Chris use BronyCon as an opportunity to make some money by selling at the Artist Alley, but Chris rejects the idea, saying he wants to "experience the whole BronyCon, and I cannot do that from Sitting in ONE spot in the marketplace". He requests a rain check on @LifeofBria's comic book prices until next month. He then asks BronyCon for a free upgrade from the Bronze pass he had paid for weeks ago to a Diamond pass, conflicting with his claims from the previous week that he could not afford to go at all. Note: It is confirmed that Chris had indeed paid for a Bronze plan – a perk of which is a Website Thank You, and his name is listed in the Sponsor section as "Christine Weston Chandler Sonichu". Also of note is that the Bronze plan is $250 while the Diamond that he desires is $2,000.
- 20th - Chris makes a plea for eBay sales money in case he needs to put Pollo, one of Chris's cats, who is terminally ill, to sleep at a vet. Pollo passes away hours later at his home due to natural causes from old age. While grieving for Pollo, Chris tweets that the household is running out of food, saying, "We have no Fresh Food. No Raw Meat, no Fruits or Veggies! Only CANNED food and an Old Bag of Powdered Milk! I need to go to Food Lion TOMORROW to buy Fresh Food!" He lowers the price on his iPhone by $25 to encourages sales. He also specifies the amount he had lost during the previous six months: $6,000.
- 21st - At least two Twitter fans donate $35 to Chris. He begs for a sale on his GoBots figure, but the listing expires with no takers.
- 23rd - Chris thanks people who gave him donations, noting for his audience that he was given Food Lion gift cards as a way of ensuring he would only spend the donation on food, and that he's still in financial distress. He sets standards for the video requests he'll make, specifically no more shout-outs to school shooters and donated food he'll eat, turning down an offer for pizza as it's junk food. He puts a price tag of $1,000 on his Twitter account to a fan who asks about buying it.
- 25th - Chris tweets he's still in need of food money, suggesting that if people want to be sure the money goes to food, they can send him Food Lion gift cards, and offers to show receipts to show it won't be wasted on junk. He also says he is exploring ideas to level off his financial situation, but follows up by saying, "And NO, don't tell me to 'Get A Job' - you know I would be Harassed until the End of Equestria! I Prefer to Work From the Peace of my Own Home." A fan suggests he simply not tell people where he would be working, but Chris responds that this wouldn't be enough, saying, "They would Find Out. Lots of people in CVille know who I am - Someone would See Me Working and it would be Online within Minutes!".
- 4th - A day before the due date, Chris pays the first half of 14 Branchland Court's 2018 property tax, costing him $606.83.
- 9th - Chris spends $30 on SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics game for the PS4, despite having only just escaped dire financial straits two weeks before.
- 10th - Chris spends $34 more on toys – two My Little Pony Funko Pop figures.
- 12th - Chris sells nine cards from The Wall of Originals for $100.
- 13th - He records Send Me to Too Many Games Convention!, requesting $400 for the trip.
- 14th - Chris goes on the defensive when accused of spending donations on toys, saying he does "not loosely spend money on toys as much as I used to or at all. It is derogatory comments like that which portrays you as a troll".
- 14th - Barb requests Chris's followers to purchase a blanket from her for $200 to cover a trash bill she owed as a result of clearing out some junk from the house. A fan buys it the next day.
- 27th through 29th - Chris spends $2,000 at BronyCon, on merchandise.
- 29th - Due to spending his bank account down to its last $20 at BronyCon, Chris is unable to pay for a tow truck when his car breaks down on the way home. He begs for money (online) to cover the towing bill and records Waiting for the tow truck.
- 30th - The morning after begging strangers online for tow money, Chris thinks it appropriate to brag about how he's had two phone numbers since May, while also revealing that he owns a "Muse: the Brain Sensing Headband" (cost of which is $200).
- 8th - Chris tries pushing eBay sales on his TooManyGames ($100) poster, autographed photos ($24.99), and Johnny Cash photo ($120). The Cash photo ends up selling at some point, and his autographed photos sell out as well.
- 17th - Chris lists a Rosechu cut-out standee ($150) and Sonichu license plates ($75) on eBay.
- 18th - Chris begs for money on Twitter, claiming he doesn't have food for the Chandler pets (and apparently has acquired more cats).
- 19th - Chris makes Barb sell autographed photos of herself on eBay for $24.99-$50.00. He also lists a Sonichu poster for "presale" for $14.99.
- 22nd - Barb signs a Snorlax plush and it is listed on eBay for $200.
My Mother is pestering me about finances AGAIN, AHH!
The hurricane this, food that, water this!!! My head can't handle it right now!
If anybody has A Heart, please send Donations our way to help ride out this Storm of the Century. You know the address, ChrisChanSonichu@aol.com
|Chris, again trying to evade the adult responsibility of saving for emergencies.|
- 12th - Chris begs for donations ahead of Hurricane Florence. It should be noted that Ruckersville was a distance from the storm's full power and never saw "Storm of the Century"-level.
- 13th - He again begs, saying he wants "sizable Monetary Donations", apparently for food, even though their "food levels are okay, for now". Notably, he specifically requests money and omits mention of Food Lion gift cards (which he had asked people to send during his May financial emergency as he knows people are hesitant to donate money due to the likelihood of it ending up buying toys).
- 23rd - Chris tweets that "when the worlds merge I will have access to TONS of savings in Cwcville". The same day, he is sued by Midland Funds for debts.
- 19th - The Midland Funds case closes; Chris must pay $2777.90, plus 6% interest and court fees.
- eBay#Pile of bootleg games
- https://tweetsave.com/cwcsonichu/status/998272671774269441 https://tweetsave.com/cwcsonichu/status/998404673739485185
- 2018 Sales Listings#Nine cards from The Wall of Originals
- September 2018 social media posts#Hurricane Florence and begging for food money