okay champ is being a fucking pussy about this
Vote: The name of the page should be: Twitter or Twitter Tracker
Clydec 02:16, 29 December 2009 (CET)
- Why is does this need to be called Twitter Tracker unless it's going on the front page in the same way the CWCipedia Tracker is? Is there any reason other than "Conan 'O Brian did it"? If there is to be a Twitter Tracker, it should be something similar to the Twitter thing on CWCipedia and then a Twitter page to serve as an archive when Chris inevitably deletes his account or gets TOSed. Would someone looking for Chris's twitter look for "Twitter" or "Twitter Tracker"? Do you want to pipe every instance of "Twitter" to "Twitter Tracker" and what good reason is there for this aside from the Conan reference? --Champthom 02:21, 29 December 2009 (CET)
- 1 Need a better way
- 2 Comic Charecter Twitter's
- 3 Captain's Log 09 March 2010
- 4 Chris's "Voice"
- 5 I think Chris got his Twitter hacked
- 6 Subheadings!
- 7 "I know about 4chan's rule 18"
- 8 Script updates
- 9 Twitter Updates....
- 10 More Twitter updates
- 11 Private
- 12 Twitter Riddle
- 13 This Page is Mess
- 14 Tracking sockpuppet Twitter posts
- 15 Possible sockpuppet?
- 16 Others' Replies
Need a better way
This probably needs a better way to dump and format these messages. In general, I'm a bit annoyed by the Web 2.0 obsession with "x days ago" style dates - nice for users, but crappy for people who mirror the content.
There's probably a bazillion different programs to read Twitter messages through the API and reformat them more nicely. I should probably look into those when I get around to it... --wwwwolf (wake me when you need me) 15:29, 2 January 2010 (CET)
- I wrote a quick hack to download Chris's tweets and put it in a neat MediaWiki table format. l33t scripts in case you're interested. Will be updating this when or if Chris posts anything at all. --wwwwolf (wake me when you need me) 17:21, 2 January 2010 (CET)
Comic Charecter Twitter's
I think the twitter accounts that are supposed to be the twitters of charecters in the comic warrent their own article. These twitters take place in the continuity of the comic.
- CWCKi is about Chris, not namefags. --Morganna 03:03, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
- I know, but I didn't know why people havent mentioned these.-Cody
- I don't think it's too out of line to briefly describe what sort of trolling people did on the Twitter box on general terms, though. Perhaps a Fan: page? --wwwwolf (wake me when you need me) 09:37, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
I agree there should be a fan page documenting the Sonichu character's twitters, seriously that's where almost everything Chris may or maynot aknowledge usually gets a page. - Hieghts503 2:44 8 January 2010
Captain's Log 09 March 2010
Updating Da Biatch! Griffintown 02:10, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
Is there any reason why Chris is 100x more articulate in his tweets than he is in his videos and comics? Llort 03:44, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
I think Chris got his Twitter hacked
There is a Twitter account under the name, CWCAsperchu (it has Asperchu as the avatar). He keeps referring to how Heather's father told him to stay away from his daughter and how his old Twitter account CWCSonichu was hacked...
You can find it here: http://twitter.com/CWCAsperchu
- That obviously isn't Chris as 1. he would never use Asperchu as an avatar, and 2. he sound way to likeable.--Hieghts503 4:38, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
It seems like it's him...he keeps counting down the days that he's been without his CWCSonichu account. He also uses the term "Boyfriend-free girl" which I don't believe any other sane person would say...
The person doing that is obviously a troll. Anyone can use the term boyfriend free girl without being a tard. Like when they're pretending to be Chris. The fact that Asperchu is the Avatar alone should make that obvious enough. Also; Sign your comments. --Edward 00:08, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, this doesn't read like Chris at all. He's engaging in discussion with people. And not just any kind of discussions:
- CWCAsperchu: @Sonichu1 You are violating Internet copyright.
- CWCIBAIAN: @CWCAsperchu Heeeeey Asperchu lets make some more of the Fanta brew of ours yum yum.
- CWCAsperchu: @CWCIBAIAN Fanta is awesome.
So I totally want to chop the giant twitter box into segments, with subheadings for the dates on which he dumped way too much text into his twitter. And the reason I want to do this is so I can put a link to his march 02 ramblings on Happy Sonichu Day, so as to quickly reference his broken promise.
This is an awesome idea, and if you disagree you are wrong.--Beat 04:57, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- Since the stuff is currently produced by a script, let me see if I can tweak it to produce daily headings automagically. Hopefully I'll get it done by evening. --wwwwolf (wake me when you need me) 15:38, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- Done! How do you like it? --wwwwolf (wake me when you need me) 16:19, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- (Source code here.) --wwwwolf (wake me when you need me) 16:21, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- I like it so much!--Beat 14:35, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
"I know about 4chan's rule 18"
According to Encyclopedia Dramatica's Rules of the internet (not 4chan but probably what Chris looked at), rule 18 is "Everything that can be labeled can be hated." Given that he's talking about graphic fan art that makes him want to kill his fans, I think he's trying to say rule 34. Chris is an idiot.--Beat 14:35, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
Since it's probably unlikely that Chris will be interested of using Twitter much more (since the Twitter box was removed from CWCipedia), I'm probably not doing regular script-based updates any more. The script used a naïve approach of "read most recent tweets and spit out all of them from the cache", which would clobber any and all changes. If Chris returns to regular twittering, I'll probably figure out some way to parse this page and preserve all new links and formatting (probably something along the lines of only making a new section with the new tweets. But that'll be then, not now. =) If the page will need some additional formatting tweaks when (or if, again) the script will be updated, I'll do the required updates myself. Meanwhile, feel free to mess with the page and add links and whatnot. --wwwwolf (wake me when you need me) 15:32, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
Chris is updating his Twitter account as we speak. --SpaceScreaminJohn 00:37, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- Cool. Gonna add appropriate wiki links BRB.--Beat 03:04, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
More Twitter updates
Chris has updated his twitter about his Modnation customs again... DrPepperfan 08:03, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
His twitter account appears to have had it's tweets set to private. Worth noting?
Where would Chris have gotten this idea? Could this be one of his first original creations? Shion 18:23, 17 August 2013 (PDT)
- Probably in a "LOL SO RANDUM XD" style. Or in a desperate way to prove that his followers and posting obsessively about his posts. Alan Pardew 23:40, 17 August 2013 (PDT)
- Disregard that. I think it's "LOL SO RANDUM XD". Alan Pardew 23:47, 17 August 2013 (PDT)
This Page is Mess
In April 2012 Chris got back on Twitter. Since then he's made hundreds and hundreds of tweets. However, nearly all of them are links to Facebook posts. He has linked nearly every single Facebook post to Twitter. The rest of it is very boring--notifications of photos uploaded to Facebook and videos liked on YouTube or added to his YouTube page. I say we delete those tweets which are duplicates of Facebook posts, and simply make a note of how Chris uses Twitter. His feed should be scanned to see if there's any original content. For the most part people can just refer to the monthly Facebook pages on the CWCki to see what he's been up to. Asperhes (talk) 12:31, 3 November 2015 (UTC)
Tracking sockpuppet Twitter posts
Given that Chris now has not one but two more or less confirmed sockpuppet accounts (@EquestriaHeart and @NightStar2891), is it worth tracking and logging their Twitter activity as well as the official Chris account's? Ericitos Verdes (talk) 04:31, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
I was looking through the comments on his latest post (about Uzume) and noticed this person. When I went to their Twitter, they type very similarly to Chris and mention a lot of the same things (trolls, etc), and being a super obvious cheerleader. Idk, what do you guys think? -GhostofKittyChandler (talk) 19:45, 13 November 2017 (UTC)
- It's a ween who's trying to ingratiate himself to Chris and get attention. He tries to troll Chris occasionally, like when he posted some comic mocking Chris and then claimed to have been hacked - http://archive.is/30uM4, http://archive.is/Tg9BM . Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 22:06, 13 November 2017 (UTC)
When we archive his tweets, do we pay attention to his retweets and replies? Also, how much of his weens' replies should we archive? Do we keep track of notable ones like Hirtes or every response that is weenish? -Larry the Larryhog (talk) 19:56, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- For Chris's tweets, I'd just archive the significant stuff that has potential to be included in articles or comments about something new / bizarre. Short tweets on him agreeing with people or mundane updates about video games aren't noteworthy. Someone archived all of his tweets for last September and it ended up being 160+ messages long - the drawback of which is that interesting updates get buried in a pile of tedium. As for the people replying to him, what I usually do is archive just the messages to which Chris himself had made an interesting response, like when he argued with Bryan. Also, maybe we should consider just merging Facebook and Twitter into one article, "March 2018 social media posts," for example. The issue with the current set-up is that much of his social media is linked to Twitter, so when he posts something to Facebook/Patreon/YouTube, a short version of it gets autoposted to Twitter, and it can be a hassle trying to figure out which CWCki page should archive it. For instance, this update is a shortened version and Facebook has the actual picture. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 00:17, 26 February 2018 (UTC)