Talk:Chris and reality
I know most of this page is dedicated to how Chris screws up reality in the comics, but I couldn't let his latest videos go unnoticed. There was something odd about that statement that went beyond just the standard delusions of grandeur or unwarranted self-importance we've all grown used to. For a few brief moments, chris wasn't talking about being king of a media empire, he was talking about being mayor. --Beat 18:00, 24 November 2009 (CET)
I also think we should add how Chris believes his dog house weighs 10 tons or that a 12 pack of lemonade weighs 50 pounds. I think that's pretty out of touch with reality. CWCattack 18:22, 24 November 2009 (CET)
Chris talks about his own life as being "canon" and some aspects are "non-canon." I think I discussed this elsewhere but anyone think this should be mentioned here? --Champthom 08:19, 28 December 2009 (CET)
- I think it deserves mentioning.--Beat 08:23, 28 December 2009 (CET)
That should absolutely be added. I think sections should also be added on his lack of understanding of the sciences (e.g. the vaccine in Issue 10, the physics of lifting heavy objects etc). Man, at this rate, he's going to think he can retcon life itself... ohwait. --SnorlaXBOX 08:30, 28 December 2009 (CET)
- 1 Chris is the Mayor of Cwcville, VA, IN REAL LIFE
- 2 Size does not matter.
- 3 Sonichu Fact or Fiction
- 4 Alec calls
- 5 Facts
- 6 Unrealistic Expectations
- 7 "Chris and Science"
- 8 2004 Office Confrontation
- 9 Infinite multiverse
- 10 South Park references?
- 11 Dyscalculia
- 12 Trolling and Gullibility
- 13 His latest descent into madness
- 14 Nov 16 tweets
- 15 Idea Guy
- 16 Could Chris have Schizotypal Personality Disorder?
- 17 The Media Section
Chris is the Mayor of Cwcville, VA, IN REAL LIFE
THAT DOES NOT MATTER
I ASK that the Ads be LIMITED ONLY onto the Side-Bar and NO WHERE ELSE. I DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT Jack Thaddeus; HE IS NOT DOING HIS OWN HOMOSEXUAL MALE KIND ANY FAVORS by TICKING ME OFF LIKE HE HAS BEEN DOING.
I Have The Instinct, and I Have Already Snail-Mailed President Barack Obama on how this sort of bad advertisement is going on and how it is Wrong and should be made Illegal. On HOW if the Main Captain does not WANT or IS OFFENDED with the listed Ads within his own Website or Works, REGARDLESS of who controls the AdSpace, WOULD REMOVE THOSE ADS or face JAILTIME. And the F.B.I. would be FULLY INVOLVED in all this, and THEY have the Power, Tools and Balls to seek, hunt down and bring in the Individual Internet Trolls and Ad-Spammers.
I, Christian Weston Chandler, am NOT only the Mayor of Cwcville, VA, IN REAL LIFE as its Main Creator, but as such, without me, you would be just bored and not have my comics and stories to enjoy, and therefore, I am Captain of the Cwcipedia. I have full appreciation for being the Webmaster, but I will have Full Respect as Captain.
--ChrisChanSonichu 23:25, 31 December 2009 (CET)
- I love how he stops mid capslock to write "Jack Thaddeus" in normal text.--MoarLurk 21:24, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
Size does not matter.
Reading from Left-To-Right in MOST Countries, as well as myself, I see the ads in the left first-off and Most Better anyway. Seeing the BIG Ad in the One Spot is as terrifying as the Flash Of Light at the Instant Millisecond of DEATH, or even, technologically, the Blue Screen Of Death. And Believe Me, IN DREAMS, and even IN MOMENTS within my mind while AWAKE, I HAVE SEEN AND FELT That Death Light. Not only is it the Most Horrifying Thing Ever, but I am LOOOONG NOT READY FOR IT YET.
Sonichu Fact or Fiction
It's becoming increasingly interesting that Chris is referring to the trolls as "fiction." Does he think that Sonichu is real and that the stuff he does there affects people in real life? I can assume "yes" but I think someone needs to mailbag this. Double Nega 22:26, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
I believe it was in Alec Benson Leary Phone Call 1, Chris more or less believes (or at least this is the current prevailing theory) that there exists a "Toon World" ala Who Framed Roger Rabbit? where every created cartoon character exists in a plane of reality, which is why Chris was enraged by Alec's depiction of Sonichu canon characters because they have feelings and Chris emphasizes more with his fictional characters than actual people (which isn't totally crazy - autistics have been known to empathize more with animals than people).
I'm glad this call was finally made public because it says A LOT about Chris's grip of reality, in that he more or less believes that cartoons are real in that they exist in some other plane of existence and that's why he's threatened by people drawing a pickle of Rosechu, because there exists a Rosechu who is genuinely alive and existing who is in pain about pickles being drawn onto her.
- I wonder if he's ever actually searched for the doorway to Toonworld? In Sonichu ep. 4.5, I think it is, he depicts himself as a real person who enters CWCVille through a portal in his closet and becomes a cartoon. Maybe he thinks that once he reaches the other side he can find the coveted tail he's never been able to get here. I rather think that even ink-and-paint girls, if they were real, would have more taste than that. --The Iconoclast 02:28, 2 June 2011 (PDT)
This needs to be incorporated into the article. --Champthom 20:30, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- I wrote a little paragraph about this. I wasn't sure where to put it so feel free to move it. --Sack Thaddic 22:28, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
I agree, but I'd like to point out it was in the second call, not the first. --Scarf 21:53, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
This brings the Sonee porn into new light. New trolling tactic discovered. Draw CWCville burning to the ground repeatedly while the residents engage in depraved acts.--MoarLurk 22:12, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
A paragraph? This deserves far more. That Chris uses naive when Alec espouses disapproval means this idea is important to Chris. He doesn't want to kill Simonla because there is an actual Simonla out there in an acutal relationship with an actual Wild who would feel actual grief because of something of Chris' own doing. He doesn't like Sonichu getting abused in fanart because there's an actual Sonichu who sees this. This isn't something to tape on to the article, this IS the article. All the offhand things like "they can take of that themselves." make perfect sense. Chris isn't saying that his works don't need justification due to quality or something, he's saying that 'onichu and Rosechu are intelligent, living, breathing things, with opinions and feelings and that they exist because they were scribed. He's saying that his comic depicts an actual city full of people with souls and dreams. He's saying that by having God appear to intertwine Ivy and himself, God actually descended to intertwine them. This isn't a mere aspect of his delusion, this IS his delusion. --OFSheep 23:20, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. This article needs a massive rewrite and to be centered around these new facts. That Chris really does believe his fictional characters are real blows this whole thing wide open. Everything else is now minor information. THIS is what we should be focusing on. --Edward 02:15, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
- I'd kinda suspected he thought his characters were sentient, but I never thought he'd actually admit to it point blank like that. Magic8Ball 11:20, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if we should go ahead with this right away - If it's definitely true, fair enough - It's CWCki gold. But we can't really be sure at the moment how much is Chris bullshitting to win an argument and/or get someone off his back. I think we should see if we can find a way to confirm this for sure, perhaps with some Mailbag letters. - Liquid! 14:16, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- This is probably just some minor bullshit everyone already knows anyways, but I think it deserves a mention, at least on this discussion page. Despite framing his worldview after Roger Rabbit, he displays a surprising lack of knowledge of the reality of that movie's universe. In Roger Rabbit, the cartoons are simply actors, not living out the comics. I dunno, I just thought it was an interesting disconnect.ProtoAuthor 17:20, 20 February 2011 (PST)
From the newly released Autisim awareness E-mails:
"For your information, the Fact of Aspergers being different from Autism and of it trying to steal the light is of MY Own Idea. I will NEVER conform to such a blasphemous link of any kind between the two."
There are a variety of ways this can be interpreted, but from a glance it looks like Chris is under the impression that he can just decide something is a fact and it will be so.
That's actually kinda horrifying.--Beat 19:57, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Simple solution. What he means is that it's his opinion that it is a fact that autism is not Aspergers, and nothing will change that opinion. He doesn't state it as an "opinion" because he knows that opinions mean shit. He's not aware that this phrasing make him look crazy.--MoarLurk 21:22, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
I was thinking of adding a section inspired by the Jerry Seinfeld portion of the latest video concerning Chris's entirely unrealistic expectations (the attraction sign leading to a long term romance and Sonichu The Game eventually being released on the PS3 being the most notable instances). Don't have time to do it now but I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone has any thoughts or wants to get it started.--Star Platinum 05:57, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
"Chris and Science"
I'm thinking if there is enough material to make such a section--- I had also thought of making a "Chris and Education" page, touching both the book-smarts Chris should have learned, and the life-lessons that life, his parents, and his experience with trolls should have taught him, but it alreay exists as a listing of his schools--- The basic thing I'm going for was his denial of the Autism/Aspergers link, noting the irony that if it weren't for the scientists he denounces, Autism itself wouldn't have been discovered and he'd be executed in that hypothetical Theocratic world for having demons. Beyond that, I am unsure if there's enough material for a full section. Like I could kinda argue his preception of Causality, and I don't think it should be too redundant with the Shaman section. --Xavier orona 01:42, 24 September 2010 (PDT)
2004 Office Confrontation
"During a 2004 confrontation with Mary Lee Walsh, Chris began to converse with thin air, pretending that Sonichu was in the office with him. At one point, Chris began to pretend that he was Sonichu and started giving a speech that he said that "Sonichu" wanted to give to Mary, which explains why Mary ordered him to see a psychiatrist. Chris also, usually before crashing into slumber, pretends to converse with Sonichu and Rosechu, at one point claiming that the pair offered him relationship advice. Whether or not he converses with the other characters is unknown at the moment."
I noticed there's no source on this. Where did it come from? The MLW article Chris wrote doesn't mention it. Isarko 17:36, 22 November 2010 (PST)
- It came from the Jackie chats and e-mails. Chris first brought it up in one of the chats, and Jackie asked for more info in the e-mails.--trombonista 18:12, 22 November 2010 (PST)
There is a hypothesis that every fictional universe actually exists, along with our universe, in some multiverse. TV Tropes calls this the Daydream Believer pattern. How can we work this into the article? --Tepples 13:20, 22 August 2011 (PDT)
- Do this theory is directly related to Chris? If not, we don't care. Talking about everything under the sun that "Might" be related to Chris would fill the CWCki with blubber. Griffintown 14:49, 22 August 2011 (PDT)
I believe there are now enough incidents of Chris alluding to the multiverse theory to warrant a section sufficiently relevant to this article. I speculate that Chris was first introduced to the theory by Family Guy. Incredibly, we have audio of Chris discussing his thoughts immediately after being exposed to this idea for the first time--while not in depth, it's clear that he was excited and intrigued by it.
Four months later, with the theory still fresh in his mind, Chris's grasp on reality is unprecedentedly questioned in the famous second call between him and Alec. I believe Chris saw Roger Rabbit as an outside source which, to him, further confirmed the theory expressed in Family Guy. I was always hesitant to suppose that Chris continued to believe in the actual tangibility of his imaginary world after his exchange with Alec. Certainly the call with Alec had been a fluke from which he probably matured from. A recent comment by him has made me seriously reconsider this position.
The way Chris frames his imbecilic thought-experiment suggests that he takes it very seriously. Chris uses the definitive when describing another reality. Rather than say, "in an alternative dimension", Chris says, "in the alternative dimension", suggesting that Chris is convinced in the existence of another reality where everyone is the opposite sex and heterosexuality isn't the norm.
Although not my field of expertise, the multiverse theory is a branch of theoretical physics which is virtually pseudoscientific. Chris's unshaken belief in multiple realities likely stems from a misconception that there existence is scientific fact. In the Alec call, he had took this misconception so close to heart that he called Alec naive for not considering the existence of a cartoon world. After all, multiple realities is a fact which he required from the highest possible authority, Family Guy.--Galilean (talk) 05:27, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- Sounds good. There are also a couple of posts from 2015, here and here, where he talked about a "prime dimension." He seemed to have adapted the multiverse concept into a coping mechanism against trolls altering Sonichu characters to mock him, and there's a nice bit of hypocrisy thrown in when he ranted at Sega for altering Sonic's arm color. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 07:14, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
South Park references?
The article makes multiple long-winded allusions to South Park episodes that seem highly unnecessary. Is there any concrete evidence that Chris pulled his beliefs from these specific sources? If not, consider removing these unnecessary descriptions. --Cumlord supreme (talk) 00:29, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
Hi, just a nitpick: Dyscalculia is not a symptom of autism. The Wikipedia article linked to on this page says nothing about it, nor does the Wikipedia page for autism. krunkcunt
Trolling and Gullibility
I was really impressed with the thoroughness of this new section. However, it clearly stood out against the rest of the article. I felt it was filled with too many run-on sentences, main-page conjectures, and repetitious observations (facts taken from other pages around the CWCki). My biggest concern was that it didn't reveal anything new about Chris or shed light on any details which hadn't already been examined.
His latest descent into madness
How should we handle recent events like the Hyperdimension Neptunia stuff, psychic powers, third eye magic, his increasing mentions that he converses with fictional characters, etc? Seems like that stuff's been ramping up lately. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 19:40, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
It's getting to the point where "Chris and Magic" should be it's own page, so we'll have to wait till that section gets big enough to be its own page. Another idea could be a "Chris and philosophy" article, where it would explain his ideas of human existence. I think we should also make a page about the CWC-ism "reality cartoon" where it will discuss Chris' beliefs of cartoons existing in alternative universes.PsychoNerd054
- Yeah. Reality cartoon sounds good. It was discussed a bit here (Infinite Multiverse section). I was thinking we could add in a section for 2017 for his insanity then, but maybe it would be better to just note that his delusions are ramping up for 2017 in the opening paragraph and just add onto the existing sections. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 20:19, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
Nov 16 tweets
We should probably add in about his latest tweets from today, specifically...
|AND, from such story of the Light Power, Most to All of my city’s People, are Able to Dimensionally Teleport! Some of them are Vacationing Here, in our Reality! And to those people here, the Next Tweet is addressed to you all.|
|To All of my Cwcville Citizens, Vacationing Here, in my reality: a Madman has infected the US Money there with an infectious Virus, similar to Smallpox. The US Currency is temporarily being changed to Cwcsmarts in the city, until all infected monies are isolated and disinfected!|
- Yeah, we could, though I think we should wait until more info gets out on how Chris knows this guy. Hurtful Truth Level (talk) 20:14, 24 December 2017 (UTC)
Could Chris have Schizotypal Personality Disorder?
I have a feeling that Chris suffers from schizotypal personality disorder, whose diagnosis criteria detail many of the characteristics that Chris exhibits.
|The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fifth edition, DSM V, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines schizotypal personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:
The essential features of a personality disorder are impairments in personality (self and interpersonal) functioning and the presence of pathological personality traits. To diagnose schizotypal personality disorder, the following criteria must be met:
1. Impairments in self functioning:
a. Identity: Confused boundaries between self and others; distorted self-concept; emotional expression often not congruent with context or internal experience.
2. Impairments in interpersonal functioning:
a. Empathy: Pronounced difficulty understanding impact of own behaviors on others; frequent misinterpretations of others' motivations and behaviors.
1. Psychoticism, characterized by:
b. Cognitive and perceptual dysregulation: Odd or unusual thought processes; vague, circumstantial, metaphorical, over-elaborate, or stereotyped thought or speech; odd sensations in various sensory modalities.
c. Unusual beliefs and experiences: Thought content and views of reality that are viewed by others as bizarre or idiosyncratic; unusual experiences of reality.
b. Withdrawal: Preference for being alone to being with others; reticence in social situations; avoidance of social contacts and activity; lack of initiation of social contact.
The Media Section
I'm not really sure if the media section really fits under "In the real world", as it's primarily about how Chris views the world outside of the Dimensional Merge and his childlike fantasies. Plus, the section itself is more about how Chris interpreted the media.PsychoNerd054 (talk) 21:37, 25 May 2019 (UTC)