Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid is a series of stealth video games, part of the Metal Gear series and beginning in 1998. Being that Metal Gear Solid is so cash, and many veteran trolls emerged from the depths of /v/ (where wanking to Big Boss is mandatory), several MGS references have emerged. Even Chris has made some possibly unintentional nods to the franchise. Vivian has also proclaimed her love for Liquid Snake.
Allusions made by trolls
- The Miscreants are an obvious parody of the Patriots, except while the Patriots specialize in (con)trolling the world, the Miscreants' main field of interest involves manipulating and monitoring the sagas and events of a certain autistic manchild.
- The Miscreants' codenames all go along the lines of, "The (x)". This is a nod to Metal Gear Solid 3, where one must face The Pain, The Fear, The End, and The Fury.
- "Liquid Chris" was the codename for CChanSonichuCWC, noting that Liquid Snake was Solid Snake's genetic twin and enemy who had inherited the recessive genes of their father Big Boss and was therefore led to believe himself inferior, with the irony being that Liquid Chris excelled in everything Solid Chris does.
- Chris's appearance resembles Big Boss in the fan comic "Sonichu Finale".
- Jason Kendrick Howell goes by the e-handle "Liquid Snake".
- Some of Clyde's messages to Chris contain footage from the series.
MGS and Chris
- Metal Speed Solid is one of the LittleBigPlanet levels made by Chris. Yes, it's really bad.
- Gecko and Mantis are shown as chefs in CWC's "It's All Coming Back To Me". While physically deformed mutants, their names are reference to the troll Gecko Mantis, who got his name from the elite bio-mechanical robot originating from MGS4, and Psycho Mantis, a psychic soldier appearing as a boss in MGS1, briefly in MGS4, and as a minor antagonist in MGSV.
- Jason Kendrick Howell was portrayed similar to Big Boss, with brown hair, a headband and an eye patch. For a while, it was assumed that Chris browsed /v/ for three seconds, saw a Big Boss picture and decided it was close enough, despite Big Boss and Liquid Snake (Jason's e-alias) being radically different characters. Later, Jason revealed that Chris saw an old picture of him with an eye patch on MySpace; which makes a bit more sense, as Chris wouldn't go near any place as drunky or smokey as /v/.
- Wild sneaks into the 4-cent garbage.com company headquarters, which is apparently full of empty red corridors. Chris may be making a subtle joke at Metal Gear Solid's typical bland military bases. Or, far more likely, he is too stressed to include enemies, or details.
- Chris made a Metal Gear Sonichu model for ModNation Racers, who, with enough booze, vaguely resembles Master Miller from Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, and Metal Gear Solid V.
- Chris drew Metal Gear Sonichu in 2019, and created a TSSSF card.
Chris has purchased Metal Gear Solid from the PSN; however, he most likely has not touched it because he's too busy playing Guitar Hero, Brutal Legend, LittleBigPlanet or Wheel of Fortune and the fact that sneaking behind enemies instead of attacking them head-on is too stressful for him. The Metal Gear Solid games are known for having a lot of homoerotic themes, whether or not Chris is aware of this is unknown.