Metal Gear is a series of critically-acclaimed techno-thriller stealth video games created by Hideo Kojima and developed and published by Konami. Beginning first as a series of 2D titles for the MSX, series is best known for its 3D installments, which are usually released under the Metal Gear Solid line of titles. The games revolve around covert operations to destroy giant mechs and to uncover a massive global conspiracy, the plot of which is so complex that it is comparable to the level of complexity of the Sonichu comic, albeit told more competently.
Being that many veteran trolls emerged from the depths of /v/ (where wanking to Big Boss is mandatory), several Metal Gear references emerged in the Tactical Trolling Operations that spurred from Chris's shenanigans in the late 2000s and early 2010s – most notably Liquid Chris, whose name is an allusion to one of the main antagonists of the series. Even passive observers usually can't help but to make jokes about the Metal Gear franchise when it's applicable to Chris. While the franchise is not necessarily a favorite of Chris's, he has made some possibly unintentional nods to the franchise in his comics, along with eventually providing deliberate references to the series via his commission work and custom levels that he's designed in the various video games that he's played over the years.
Allusions made by trolls
- The Miscreants are an obvious parody of the Patriots, except while the Patriots specialize in (con)trolling the world, the Miscreants' main field of interest involved manipulating and monitoring the sagas and events of a certain autistic manchild. Their codenames all go along the lines of, "The (x)". This is a nod to Metal Gear Solid 3, where one must face The Pain, The Fear, The End, and The Fury.
- "Liquid Chris" was the codename for the identical twins Christopher and Jon Duckworth, noting that Liquid Snake was Solid Snake's genetic twin and enemy who had inherited the recessive genes of their father Big Boss and was therefore led to believe himself inferior, with the irony being that Liquid Chris excelled in everything Solid Chris does.
- In episode seven of Spazkid's animated parody of Chris' Sonichu comics, Sonichu the Animated Series, Wild Sonichu is dressed as MGS2 Solid Snake and has Snake's gravelly voice and smoking habit. He comes across a carboard box in this scene, but instead of hiding inside of it to avoid enemies like the recurring gag in the MGS games, he sexually assualts it.
- In 2014, a ween posed as the series' creator, Hideo Kojima, to mess with Chris' Lego Cwcville Shopping Center Kickstarter.
- The Discord server The Sons of the Miscreants in which several enablers chatted was named after the Miscreants trolling group as a reference to the Metal Gear theme.
MGS and Chris
Chris purchased Metal Gear Solid from the PSN; however, he seemed to not feel obligated to play the game immediately due to frequently playing Guitar Hero, Brutal Legend, LittleBigPlanet or Wheel of Fortune instead. The fact that sneaking behind enemies instead of attacking them head-on is too stressful for him also suggested that the games were not influencing his comics at the time. As such, Chris was most likely completely unaware of the massive amount of homoerotic undertones to the games at that time. After the Classic era, he appeared to have familiarized himself with Metal Gear to some extent.
- Metal Speed Solid is a LittleBigPlanet level made by Chris of questionable quality.
- Gecko and Mantis are shown as chefs in CWC's "It's All Coming Back To Me". While physically deformed mutants, their names are reference to the troll Gecko Mantis, who got his name from the elite bio-mechanical robot originating from MGS4, and Psycho Mantis, a psychic soldier appearing as a boss in MGS1, briefly in MGS4, and as a minor antagonist in MGSV.
- Jason Kendrick Howell was portrayed similar to Big Boss, with brown hair, a headband and an eye patch. However, Jason revealed that Chris saw an old picture of him with an eye patch on MySpace.
- Chris made a Metal Gear Sonichu model for ModNation Racers, who, with enough booze, vaguely resembles Master Miller from Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, and Metal Gear Solid V.
- Chris drew Metal Gear Sonichu in 2019, depicting the electric hedgehog Pokemon wearing Solid Snake's MGS2 sneaking suit but lacking the legendary mercenary's iconic bandanna. Chris also used this artwork to create a TSSSF card under the same name.
WEAR A MUSCLE BRA!
- https://youtu.be/DdOMiQNewyk A Jason Retrospective Part 2]