Dungeons and Dragons
|“||I am making good progress on my D&D Sheet. Also, on average, a Sonichu or Rosechu can run about 765 mph, and I did the math to figure out how that translates into feet per Breath. We and Sonic can dash over 3,700 feet in a single breath. I did this on my own merit and skill.😊||”|
Dungeons and Dragons is a popular fantasy role-playing game, considered the father of modern RPGs. Chris picked up interest in the game during Winter of 2019 after ProjectSNT cited it as inspiration for her redesign of Wild Sonichu.
He tried to convince local card game shop The End Games to unban him in order for him to learn to play (while insisting that their meetup group at a local restaurant was not good enough); however the shop stood their ground.
Chris eventually learned to play from a local group of what he believes to be are friends.
|“||We, personally, are in of need of better help in this restrictive Dimension that has been now getting in-flowing Magics and Powers now, and better so, Presently. I need the help that ONLY the staff and past/present patrons of @TheEndGames can provide.||”|
|Chris claims learning how to play D&D will assist with the Dimensional Merge.|
In order to rationalize his triggering over ProjectSNT's redesigns, Chris dreamed up the CS-89 dimension in a meditation session on 11 December 2019. Dimension CS-89 is supposedly the Dungeons & Dragons-esque version of C-197 that is home to Plutia and Peashy from Hyperdimension Neptunia, the redesigns, and Chris's D&D character, Chris Chan Sonicleric.
In his tweets, Chris believed that his triggering was caused by a disturbance in the CS-89 dimension. What kind of "disturbance" hasn't been disclosed by Chris, but he stated migrations of peoples and items from CS-89, alongside entire dungeons via heavy magic, came into C-197. Chris also came into the dimension as a Cleric to prevent "something really bad" from happening. Neither that nor how the migrations to C-197 worked have been disclosed.
Chris posted an in-progress character sheet to Twitter on 30 January 2020. As with his art, the sheet is written in pen. A few entries are corrected with Wite-Out tape.
|Cleric Ranger 23|
|1d8 + 1d10|
|Crossbow, Hand||1d6 Piercing|
|Dual Shortsword||2d6 Piercing|
|Shelter of the Faithful, By Popular Demand, Rustic Hospitality, Guild Membership, Discovery, Position of Privilege, Researcher
Going HDD To CPU Blue Heart adds +5 to ALL Bonuses.
Single Transformation lasts for one action.
Giant Killer, Steel Will, Land's Stride, Dual Wielder. Athlete, Elemental Adept, Observant, War Caster, Spellcasting (Cleric + Ranger), Divine Domain (Knowledge, Life, Light), Channel Divinity, Turn/Destroy Undead (3) Divine Intervention, Favored Enemy, Natural Mountain Explorer, Two-Weapon Fighting
|Longsword, Shield, Chain Shirt, Two Short-swords, Hand Crossbow, 20 Crossbow Bolts, Travelers Clothes, Sonichu Medallion, C.C. Sonichite, Celestial key, Magic Wand, Magic Amp, Elixer Bottle, Pen, Magic Stones;
Backpack: Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, 50' Rope, 2 Spellbooks, 10 Potions, Painter Supplies, Blanket, DayRations (5), Mess Kit, Waterskin, Note Case, Signet Ring, Small Knife, Dice & Cards, Guild Letter
Fans noted several flaws with Chris's character sheet.
- Broken character.
- Abilities which don't exist in D&D, such as Mega-evolving from Pokémon, with no homebrew explanation.
- Nonsensical speed. A single round of D&D lasts six seconds in-game. An average player moves 30 feet (9 metres) in that time, while Chris's character moves 3,700 feet (1.1 km) in that time.
- Starting at level 23, a level higher than god characters, quite fitting for his delusions.
- Only has 2 hit dice. A level 23 character would be expected to have a cumulative total of 23 hit dice.
- Overpowered transformation ability, giving himself a +5 or +10 bonus, enough to make it so that he would never lose at dice rolls unless rolling a one.
- Insufficient equipment. Chris has two swords and a crossbow, despite his character (Cleric/Ranger hybrid) not being optimized to wield either.
- Chris listed a "Magic Wand" without understanding they are created with one particular spell that's cast by using 1 of 50 charges. This suggests that he thinks of it as a "Harry Potter" type of tool for channeling his wizardry through. This also shows that when he selected the item he did it without paying anything or even looking in a book, because wands are always listed with their spell and a price based on the power of that spell. He has a stick.
- Prioritizing fluff about the character over skills, stats or feats.
- Attempt to homebrew a race (Sonichu).
- Clerics are only permitted one Divine Domain. Chris has chosen three (Knowledge, Life and Light).
- He has the "Shelter of the Faithful", "By Popular Demand", "Rustic Hospitality", "Guild Membership", "Discovery", "Position of Privilege" and "Sage" features, which implies he took SEVEN backgrounds (Acolyte, Entertainer, Folk Hero, Guild Artisan, Hermit, Noble and Sage) instead of the permitted ONE.
- Has taken the Favored Enemy feat, but hasn't actually chosen a favored enemy.