This is a sandbox of List_of_OkCupid_Answers, to experiment with style improvements.
- Added color to acceptable and chosen answers. [acceptable=#009000, acceptable+chosen=#009100]
- Underlined chosen answers
- Inadvertently found a missing question from article, added. (creative type)
- Experiment to find a better color combination.
- Add color to unacceptable answers (gray?)
OkCupid determines match rankings between its users by asking them a series of questions, and determining how they answer. These questions are randomly assigned, and can be answered whenever the user feels like it. The user can select a single answer for themselves, and multiple answers that he or she would be okay with potential matches picking.
Due to the tireless efforts of Clyde Cash we have obtained archives of many of Chris's answers submitted for his latest OkCupid Profile. Chris's answer, and answers he would like potential mates to select. As is the norm with Chris, the answers vary from completely Honest, to untrue things that Chris genuinely believes, to complete lies that he thinks girls want to hear.
Chris's personal answers are underlined, and answers he would like girls to pick are in green. There is considerable overlap between the two.
Politics and Law
In a relationship I like to discuss politics with my partner.
- All the time!
- Sure. I'm interested in sharing our beliefs.
- Sometimes. It depends.
- Hardly. Politics are boring or personal.
Which of the following is the more appropriate penalty for rape?
- Community service or less.
Which is more offensive: book burning or flag burning?
- book burning
- flag burning
Should burning your country's flag be illegal?
Politically, which are more important to you right now?
- Social issues
- Economic issues
- I don't really care about politics
- Very important
- Somewhat important.
- Not important.
Would you strongly prefer to date someone of your own skin color / racial background?
Most of all, I want to meet someone who deserves MY:
If you inadvertently found a phone number in a partner's pocket, which would you do?
- Call the number to see whose it is.
- Openly ask what/who the number is for.
- Nothing, I would trust my partner.
- Nothing, my partner's privacy should be respected.
If you were in a serious relationship and you learned that your partner cheated on you one drunken night, could you forgive him/her?
- Yes, if he/she was sincerely sorry.
- No, never.
- It depends on the situation.
- I don't believe in monogomy.
If you were going to have a child, would you want the other parent to be of the same ethnicity as you?
- This would not be an important factor to me.
If you were in a long term relationship and your partner gained weight due to something like surgery recovery or childbirth, would you think less of them as a person?
- No, my partner's weight is irrelevant to me.
- No, my partner's health is what is most important.
- Not if they are willing to work hard and lose it.
- Yes, weight gain is so unattractive.
Would you ever stop dating someone based on a rumor you heard about them?
- Maybe, I'd give my date a chance to explain first.
What kind of fidelity (being faithful) is more important to you?
- Neither is important.
- Both are equally important.
If you were in a serious relationship, would you mind if your significant other maintained an active profile on OkCupid?
- Yes - I would mind this.
- No - This would not bother me.
Would you consider dating someone who dislikes children?
Your significant other's ex is coming into town and he/she wants to go out to dinner with them alone. How do you react?
- Sure, no problem.
- Not thrilled, but go ahead.
- Not just no... HELL no!
If you were in a long-term monogamous relationship, would you consider your partner "open mouth" kissing someone else cheating?
- I'm Not Sure
Would you consider having an open relationship, where you can see other people?
If one of your potential matches was overweight, would that be a dealbreaker?
- Yes, even if they were slightly overweight.
- Yes, but only if they were obese.
- No, in fact I prefer overweight people.
Would you avoid all contact with an ex if your current significant other asked you to?
- Yes, of course!
- No. This would be an unacceptable demand.
- Only if their justification seems reasonable.
Do you Google someone before a first date?
- Yes. Knowledge is power!
- No. Why spoil the mystery?
Would you--for any reason--read your mate's email or pose as him/her online, without his/her knowledge and permission?
- Yes, they shouldn't be keeping secrets anyway.
- Yes, I'd be too curious not to.
- Only if I suspected them of something.
- No, I'd trust them and that would be invasive.
Your significant other is traveling and has the opportunity to stay with a good friend that you know they find to be very attractive. What's your stance on the situation?
- It would be totally unacceptable.
- It might be ok, but I'd want to discuss it first.
- It's fine - I don't see any problem.
- It sounds sexy - Hopefully they'll hook up.
You get married. Five years later, you realize it was a mistake. Discussion and counseling haven't made a difference. You just don't love your partner anymore. He/she still loves you. You decide to:
- Keep trying. Marriage means commitment.
- Get a divorce. It'll be better for both of you.
How willing are you to meet someone from OkCupid in person?
- Totally willing!
- Hesitant, but would consider.
- I am not interested in meeting in person.
How much affection can you tolerate?
- Most of it.
- A little bit.
- Get off me!!
How important is it to you to have your own unique "thing" (like a weekly Girls' Night Out or Guys' Movie Night) that you don't share with your partner(s)?
- Very - I need some ME time to be happy
- Sort of - I need friends outside of my partner
- Not much - I like sharing stuff with my partner
- I'd prefer not to have exclusive things
How long do you want your next relationship to last?
- One night
- A few months to a year
- Several years
- The rest of my life
How do you feel about falling in love?
- I love it and want it very much
- I try to avoid it
- I like to just let it happen
- I'm indifferent / not sure
Would you consider connecting with someone whose relationship status is 'seeing someone' or 'married'?
- Yes to both
- No to both
- Yes to 'seeing someone' only
- Yes to 'married' only
Which makes for a better relationship?
Is it a requirement that you communicate with your significant other daily, in some way (phone, email, in person, etc.)?
- Yes, no matter what
- Yes, unless otherwise specified
- No, it's not necessary
- No, I'd prefer not to communicate daily
Which of these options most closely describes what you're looking for in your next relationship?
- Someone to come home to
- Someone to go out with
- Someone for tonight
How much can intelligence turn you on?
- Intelligence can turn me on a lot!
- Intelligence can turn me on a bit.
- Intelligence does nothing for me either way.
- Intelligence turns me off.
How long do your romantic relationships usually last?
- 0-6 months
- 6-12 months
- 12+ months
- I've never been in a relationship
Do you believe in monogamy?
- I'm Not Sure
I prefer to sleep ...
- With my partner, but apart (not touching)
- Touching my partner
- Embracing / cuddling my partner
You're in a relationship/marriage and feel that you and your mate aren't having sex frequently enough. What do you do?
- Talk to them about it
- Try to spice things up. (Toys, fantasies, etc)
- Do nothing, but hope things change naturally.
- Cheat on them / Break up with them.
How willing would you be to try out new things sexually with a partner?
- Completely willing.
- Somewhat willing.
- Not at all willing.
Straight women who kiss or fondle each other in clubs in the hopes of attracting men are...
- Incredibly hot!
- Just having some girlish fun.
- Profoundly annoying.
How would you feel if your partner asked you to get tested for STDs before having sex with you for the first time?
- Positive (relieved, accepting, happy, or proud).
- Negative (offended, annoyed, angry, or afraid).
You're in a romantic relationship with someone you really like. As far as you're concerned, how long will it take before you'll have sex?
- 1-2 dates
- 3-5 dates
- 6 or more dates
- Only after the wedding
How important is it that a partner be capable of intelligent intercourse?
- Very important.
- Somewhat important.
- Not important.
Might you consider dating someone who confided to you that he/she had a sexually transmitted disease?
Ideally, how often would you have sex?
- Every day
- 3 to 4 times per week
- 1 to 2 times per week
- less than once per week
How open are you to trying new things in bed?
- Very open. I'll try anything once.
- I'm open, but I don't get too crazy.
- Hesitant, but it might happen.
- Not at all.
Do you like to cuddle?
- Sometimes - It depends.
Is contraception morally wrong?
- Depends on the kind
Would you need to sleep with someone before you considered marrying them?
Which best represents your opinion of same-sex relationships?
- Girl-on-girl is okay, but guy-on-guy is wrong.
- Guy-on-guy is okay, but girl-on-girl is wrong.
- All same-sex relationships are wrong.
- It's all fine by me.
Faith and Religion
Are you Christian?
Should evolution and creationism be taught side-by-side in public schools?
- Yes, students should hear both sides
- No, creationism has no place in public schools
- No, evolution has no place in public schools
Would you ever change your religion (or adopt one) because your significant other wanted you to?
- I'm Not Sure
Would you date an atheist?
How important is religion/God in your life?
- Extremely important
- Somewhat important
- Not very important
- Not at all important
Life and Death
How do you feel about kids?
- Kids are precious - they love me and I love them!
- They're okay, but keep the unruly ones at bay.
- God, how revolting. *shudder*
- I'm indifferent.
If your best friend began talking of suicide and asked you not to tell anyone, would you be willing to honor their request?
- Yes, it's their life to do with as they see fit.
- Yes, but I'd do my best to talk them out of it.
- No, I'd find help for them.
What is most appealing?
- Settling down with a family someday
- A life of singledom
- Living spontaneousy and in the moment
- Possibly, depending upon other factors.
If it comes to having children, would you prefer to adopt or to be one of the biological parents?
- I would rather be one of the biological parents.
- I would rather adopt.
- Either would be equally fine.
- Neither - I'd prefer to not have children at all.
When is suicide okay?
- In special cases, such as to prevent suffering.
Would the world be a better place if people with low IQs were not allowed to reproduce?
To you, is abortion an option in case of an unwanted accidental pregnancy?
If you had to name your greatest motivation in life thus far, what would it be?
Are you happy with your life?
- Most of the time
Are you looking for a partner to have children with?
Would you ever consider adopting a child or being artificially inseminated on your own if you gave up on finding a life partner?
- Yes, and I'd keep dating
- Yes, and I'd dedicate myself to the child
- No, I wouldn't do it
If you were to die, would whoever goes through your personal belongings be shocked by what they find?
- Maybe a little bit.
How important is it to you that your partner smell good?
- Very damn important
- Less important than you might think
- I just don't care.....at all
Does finding a long-term partner give you license to "let yourself go," (lower your standards of personal hygiene or appearance or gain large amounts of weight)?
- Yes, I preen only to attract a mate
- No, I do it for myself
- No, I want to make sure I hang on to him/her
- I have low standards in the first place
How frequently do you bathe or shower?
- At least once a day.
- Usually daily. I skip some.
- A couple times a week.
- Once a week or less.
How often do you brush your teeth?
- Twice or more a day
- Once a day
- Only on days I feel like it
- Rarely / never
Vices and Virtues
Do you ever feel the need to get really drunk?
How often do you smoke cigarettes?
- At least one cigarette a day
- Once in a while / only when drinking / rarely
Do you consider yourself to be an honorable person?
- Yes, I always try to do the right thing.
- Sometimes, it depends on the situation.
- No, not really.
- Are you kidding? I lie, cheat , AND steal.
Are you careful with your money?
How often are you open with your feelings?
Does smoking disgust you?
Rate your self-confidence:
- Very, very high
- Higher than average
- Below average
What's your deal with harder drugs (not marijuana)?
- I do drugs regularly.
- I do drugs occasionally.
- I've done drugs in the past, but no longer.
- I never do drugs.
Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?
How often do you keep your promises?
- My word is my bond. No exceptions.
- Whenever possible
- When convenient
What's your relationship with marijuana?
- I smoke regularly
- I smoke occasionally
- I smoked in the past, but no longer
Are you vegetarian or vegan?
Do you space out or daydream a lot?
- All the time
- Never / rarely
Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?
- I'm an information sponge
- As long as it works, who cares why?
Without using a dictionary or other tool, can you choose the commonly misspelled word? Don't cheat! It's okay if you don't know.
- 1. separate
- 2. definate
- 3. committee
- (Not sure / dumb question / who cares)
Do you think women have an obligation to keep their legs shaved?
Do you have a problem with racist jokes?
Do you like to be read to aloud?
- Yes, it makes me happy.
- Only when I'm sick.
- Maybe when I was five.
Do you and your ideal significant other enjoy making sarcastic jokes at each other's expense, knowing that it's all in good fun?
- Yes! That's a personality trait we have to share.
- Sometimes, but not too much.
- No, sarcasm doesn't belong in a love relationship.
- I can't dish it out, but I'd take it, I guess.
Would you prefer good things happened, or interesting things?
What is your quest?
- To find true love.
- To find happiness.
- To find your fortune.
- To find the Grail.
How often do you meditate?
- Starving children.
- Abused animals.
- Neither, both are good.
- Neither, they are equally bad.
How much influence or control do your parents have over your life?
- I am my own person.
- I consider their opinion but go my own way.
- I almost always do what my parents think is best.
- I always do what my parents say.
When birds stand on power lines and don't get hurt, it's most likely because of:
- Good timing; they only land between calls
- Body materials that are insulated from current
- Not touching anything else at the same time
- They do get hurt; they just express it poorly
If you don't do anything at all for an entire day, how does that make you feel?
STALE is to STEAL as 89475 is to...
Which of these is likely to make you more nervous?
- A promising first date
- An important interview
What is next in this series? 1, 4, 10, 19, 31, _
- Don't know / don't care / dislike this q
Gender roles ...
- Exist for good reason - Should not be questioned.
- Are undergoing a refreshing redefinition.
- Are irrelevant, outdated and unnecessary.
What is your back-up plan if you can't find a date on a Friday night?
- Call up a friend, go see a movie
- Hit the town solo: you never know what will happen
- Self-improvement: go to the gym or read a little
- Two words: drinking alone
Are you an aspiring actor/artist/writer or other creative type?
Do you generally smile at little kids who cross your path?
- Only if no one is looking
Which is bigger?
- The earth
- The sun
To you, which adjective best describes hopeless, unrequited love?