List of restaurants
|YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!
The contents of this page have been bought with tax payer money!
Applebee's is a popular chain of sit-down restaurants. Chris has occasionally eaten here, but it's generally too dear for his budget. His most notable visit was his date with Catherine and her cousin Al on 31 October 2014, where he horrified staff and patrons alike. During the father call, he mentions taking Kacey there and leaving a 15% tip on a bill of (somehow) ten dollars- a whole $1.50
Baja Bean is a small chain serving Mexican food. A look at their websites suggest they have only three restaurants, one of them which is in Charlottesville. Interestingly, their location in Richmond is located only blocks from where Barb raised Cole Smithey.
- Chris tried to set up a meeting with Regina at that restaurant.
- On 25 October 2010 Chris mentioned that he once went to Baja Bean at Charlottesville but does not go there much anymore.
- Main article: Burger King
Known as Hungry Jack's in Australia, Chris favors McDonald's, whereas Bob preferred its rival, Burger King. Thus, Chris usually ate here when he was out with his father.
Chick-fil-A is a fast-food restaurant chain originating in the American South that Chris frequents, famous for its chicken sandwiches, supposed homophobia (definitely a plus as far as Chris would be concerned), and for always being closed on Sundays (due to their founder's Christian "seventh day of rest" beliefs). Chick-fil-A is generally considered to be one of the healthier fast food options in the United States. However, Chris has mentioned it much less often than its artery-clogging big brother, McDonald's. The reason for this is unknown; possibilities include its lack of marketing campaigns aimed at children or an absence of foolish sweepstakes or "reward programs". As such, Chris has never been banned from a Chick-fil-A in an epic showdown battling jerkops. Even when the company came under fire for its founder's anti-homosexuality views and its involvements in "family values" movements, both of which would likely endear it to Chris, it did not seem to curry any favor with him.
- Chris met up with Emily in front of the Chick-fil-A at Charlottesville Fashion Square. Or at least tried to by calling out to the patrons (who were undoubtedly amused and perplexed).
- The Fashion Square Chick-fil-A was the site of one of the missed meetings between Chris and Surfshack Tito's agents during the drama over destroying Chris's PS3.
- The CWCville Shopping Center includes a lone Chick-fil-A on the second floor.
Country Cookin is Christian's not-quite-fast-food restaurant of choice. It is a Virginia-based chain of rustic steak house/buffet and grill restaurants, akin to Golden Corral, Roadhouse Grill or Ponderosa/Bonanza Steakhouse in the US, and Harvester, Beefeater or Brewer's Fayre in the United Kingdom.
He has mentioned it on several occasions and even has taken his troll friend Joshua Martinez there.
References by Chris
- In an e-mail conversation with Anna McLerran from 2007, Chris mentioned his regular trips to the restaurant with Joshua.
- In Mumble 2, Chris mentioned Country Cookin as one of his favorite restaurants.
- A Country Cookin branch is located in the CWCville Shopping Center.
- In Sonichu #11, a newly-resurrected Simonla recommends going for some Country Cookin food.
Golden Corral is an all-you-can-eat buffet chain, well-known in the American South and Midwest as the place to go for a maximum ratio of calories consumed to cash expended. Just don't think too much about where it all came from. During Chris's date with Emily, Bob mentions that he had a heart attack there while paying for the family's meal. Despite this, it was one of Chris's favorite places to eat, probably since he could stuff his face with fatty, low-quality food at a low price. However, the Charlottesville branch went out of business in 2010 and became a Chinese buffet.
References by Chris
- Caitlin, a waitress Chris had a crush on for a day or so, worked at Golden Corral.
- In Mumble 2, he mentioned that it's one of his favorite places to eat.
- Describing his ideal date spots in an IRC chat, Chris proposed Golden Corral as a second-date destination.
- Chris's visits to the Corral with his family seem to be tightly scheduled. In a MySpace conversation from 04 September 2005, he noted that they'd be there from 3:30 to 4:45 the next day.
- Perhaps because of that precise schedule, or perhaps because he was simply overwhelmed by stress, during his final Skype conversation with BlueSpike Chris unexpectedly abandoned the conversation to take off for the Corral.
- In his profile at The HooK Cafe he lists it as his favorite restaurant.
- In a May 2014 Facebook post, responding to news that a fire had destroyed the Chinese restaurant where the Golden Corral once stood, he angrily demanded that his favorite restaurant be rebuilt on the site.
- Main article: McDonald's
Chris's cheap-and-easy fast food of choice. When he wanted to cut down on his Big Mac and McNugget intake, he stopped eating there... more than twice a week or so.
Sheetz is a chain of gas station/mini-mart stores based in Pennsylvania with stores in five other states (including Virginia) in the United States. Among the chain's selling points is an array of fast food options.
References by Chris
- Chris ended Mumble 5 by saying he needed to duck out to Sheetz to get his mother a sandwich.
- In the e-mail revealing the muscle bra, Chris mentioned that he'd sought a job application at Sheetz.
- While chatting with Sarah May in February 2009, Chris noted a trip to Sheetz for gasoline.
- Attempting to defend his dietary choices in one of the Kacey phone calls, Chris claimed that he enjoyed fruit smoothies from Sheetz (which can easily crack 600 calories apiece).
- On 4 June 2011, Chris told Jackie that recently he was at Sheetz with his mother, where a man approached Chris and asked him if he were a homosexual. Chris replied that he was a Tomgirl.
- On 2 September 2013, Chris wrote on Facebook that a couple of weeks earlier (presumably at August) he met Michael Snyder in Ruckersville at Sheetz and at McDonald's in the same morning. During the Sheetz encounter Snyder gave Chris the finger, while at the McDonald's encounter Snyder told Chris that he won't hurt him.
- On 15 June 2014, Chris gave Sheetz a five star review on Facebook.
- On 29 July 2018, Chris, driving his mother's Dodge Caravan back home from BronyCon, found that the car had broken down while at a Sheetz gas station in Bealeton, VA. He recorded Waiting for the tow truck.
Sonic Drive-In is a fast food drive-in chain that Chris has eaten at in the past. It is coincidentally the same name as our autistic hero's favorite video game franchise.
References by Chris
- During the Ohio trip, Chris dined at Sonic's, eating a hamburger with mayonnaise, and a lemonberry slushie "made from real fruit."
- While not by Chris himself, at the beginning of the WTFIWWY Segment, Tara asks, after Nash says Chris has a huge obsession with Sonic, "The hedgehog? Not, like, the fast-food chain?"
- Baja Bean's website
- Regina e-mails#Chris rambles like a motherfucker
- Emily Date Conversation Transcript#Bob's health problems revisited (0:29:59–0:32:11)
- Jackie E-mails 28
- September 2013 Facebook Posts#Offline Troll/Bully
- Sarah May Skype Logs
|The places of Christian Weston Chandler's life|
Chris's education: Greene County Primary School | James Madison University | Providence Middle School | Nathanael Greene Elementary School | Manchester High School | Piedmont Virginia Community College (not to be confused with Private Villa of Corrupted Citizens)
Other attraction locations: University of Virginia | Charlottesville Fashion Square (Abercrombie & Fitch | Chick-fil-A | Pac Sun | Starbucks) | Wal-Mart (McDonald's) | Target | The GAMe PLACe | Impulse Gay Social-Club | Fridays After Five
Other places Chris has visited: Anytime Fitness | Best Buy | Burger King | Country Cookin | "Create-a-Crear Workshop" | Cville Pride | The End Games | GameStop | Golden Corral | McIntire Park | Snooky's Pawn Shop | Taco Bell
Extra-terrestrial locations: The Moon