The CWCki needs help! Please consider clicking the tugboat to make a donation
Chris has contradicted himself at various times about exactly when he worked there. He claimed in his resumé that he worked there from August to October 2001, but he told Kacey's father that he had already been fired before 11 September. Being let go apparently caused Chris sadness, as he expressed to Matthew. Chris likely worked at Wendy's for a month and a half, working about 20-30 hours a week for what was probably minimum wage.
Chris the employee
Chris said that his duties consisted of "Cleaning trays, tables and carpet/tile flooring, keeping the place neat and serving the customers with kind, understanding help". Accounts of his employment paint him as a stubborn and difficult employee. In 2009, Chris was asked about his time at Wendy's several times after the date with Emily. Chris believed his supervisor didn't think very highly of him for reasons upon which we can only speculate. He mentioned a time involving him getting his uniform dirty and simply continuing to wear it after trying to wash it in the bathroom sink, not taking into account the usual sanitation standards of most fast food restaurants and also not realizing he could get another, clean shirt from the supply room.
In a conversation with Kacey's father, Chris mentioned "emotional differences" as the reason for his termination, and claimed that the manager had a "spike on his shoulder" against him. It's not known what these differences were, although they were almost certainly minor differences of opinion over punctuality and performing the job duties for which he was hired.
A chat with Jackie revealed more information about Chris's time at Wendy's. Chris talked about how a female co-worker was mean-spirited and gave him "bad times with criticisms, insults and whatnot." In reality, this could have been a co-worker simply trying to give Chris some constructive criticism. In the same chat, Chris also admitted that he would take frequent breaks after washing the tables and taking out the trash, not realizing that there was other stuff for him to do.
The circumstances of Chris's firing are unclear, as Chris has given vague and contradictory answers about the cause of his dismissal. However, a number of incidents appear to have contributed to it. The last straw appears to have been when Chris scared a small boy in the restaurant. His family were about to leave, Chris helped them by giving them their bags and a top for their baked potato boat, but then Chris performed his terrifying Donald Duck impersonation and the child cried. Chris claims that this did not scare the child - he was just tired.
According to an account from Catherine's Cousin Al, Chris was actually fired for drawing an offensive picture depicting an older female coworker as a Pokémon. Given Chris's history of respecting his elders, this is not surprising.
At Wendy's, Chris received the only money he has ever actually earned in his life — a sum likely consisting of about $500, or nineteen days' worth of tugboat.
- Father Call
- Chris's resume
- Emily Date Conversation Transcript
- Father Call
- Jackie Chat #4
- Mumble #7
- Emily Date Conversation Transcript - "No, not really scary, you see he was tired..."
- Mumble #7 - "But I did not make the child cry, the child was already - was just tired."
- Jackie Chat #4 - "he got his opportunity one night after watching a family with a tired child crying; I did nothing to cause him to cry, he WAS tired. And I offered to get a top for their potato so they could take it with them. [...] the manager thought I had done my Donald Duck voice for the child and made him cry, which was not the case.
- Mumble #7 - Troll: "Well, we heard that, uh, you... We've heard so many things, like you helped a small child and you did a Donald Duck impersonation and you scared the child." Chris: "Mmm... Also, that- Also, that is correct, but I did not scare the child."
- Emily Date Conversation Transcript
- Catherine - "Chris was fired from Wendy's back in 2001 because he drew a deliberately ugly picture of an older, female coworker as a Pokémon on a napkin."
|The places of Christian Weston Chandler's life|
Chris's education: Greene County Primary School | James Madison University | Providence Middle School | Nathanael Greene Elementary School | Manchester High School | Piedmont Virginia Community College (not to be confused with Private Villa of Corrupted Citizens)
Other attraction locations: University of Virginia | Charlottesville Fashion Square (Abercrombie & Fitch | Chick-fil-A | Pac Sun | Starbucks) | Wal-Mart (McDonald's) | Target | The GAMe PLACe | Impulse Gay Social-Club | Fridays After Five
Other places Chris has visited: Anytime Fitness | Best Buy | Burger King | Country Cookin | "Create-a-Crear Workshop" | Cville Pride | The End Games | GameStop | Golden Corral | McIntire Park | Snooky's Pawn Shop | Taco Bell
Extra-terrestrial locations: The Moon