|It has been suggested that this article should be exposed to seven Chaos Emeralds and merged with some other articles. Discuss on the talk page.|
Star Wars is a film and media franchise created by George Lucas. It begun with 1977's Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, which was released to critical and commercial acclaim and is now considered to be one of the best movies of all-time. The popularity of the first installment lead to two more sequels, 1980's Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and 1983's Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. The franchise is now a cultural icon, and has spawned legions of parodies, and book and television companions, as well as a prequel trilogy, consisting of 1999's Episode I: The Phantom Menace, 2002's Episode II: Attack of the Clones, and 2005's Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (which weren't as well-received as the original trilogy) and a sequel trilogy, beginning with 2015's Episode VII: The Force Awakens, as well as a handful of spin-off films.
The series was also parodied in a three-part trilogy of episodes on Family Guy, the likely reason as to how Chris knows about the franchise in the first place. He has stated on several occasions that he likes the franchise, and has ripped it off on certain occasions.
References by Chris
- Luke Skywalker competes in Mario Kart 64 Lego Raceway and fights Darth Maul. A "Vader Droid", Anakin Skywalker and R2-D2 show up as well.
- In the FUTURE MESSAGE, Chris referred to cigarettes as "death sticks," a childish euphemism borrowed from one of the sillier scenes in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, specifically the one that spawned the "You don't want to sell me death sticks" meme.
- In IRC, Chris told trolls "I've enjoyed 5/6 Episodes, and Clone Wars; didn't see EP3 yet and that Episode IV is his favourite
- He owns five Star Wars games and several toys
- In Julie Reveals Herself, Max does a Chewbacca impression, which Chris responds to with one of his own, arguably even worse than his Donald Duck impersonation.
- Chris downloaded Yoda for Soulcalibur 4.
- He used Thorg's love of Star Wars as evidence of his nerdiness
- He told Clyde and Surfshack Tito "You both want me to even Beg, you can go point at your own damn snouts and Oink like Eric Cartman, and then Rape yourselves with your own Damn Darth Maul Dual LightSabre."
- Wild Sonichu's proposed backstory is an admitted Star Wars ripoff:
- In the Sonichu comics, Jason Kendrick Howell's throne appears to bear resemblance to the Emperor's throne in Return of the Jedi.
- Ahsoka is shown gossiping with a "douchebag" in CWC Lego Manchester High School Oct 18 2013.