List of conventions attended by Chris
|YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!
The contents of this page have been bought with taxpayer money!
Chris has attended several conventions over the years. Prior to the 2010s, he had only ever been to two specific conventions; in recent years, however, whenever he's interested in a nearby convention that has been organized and announced, and Barb doesn't get in the way, Chris won't fail to attend it.
Chris generally has a blast attending conventions, mainly because instead of sitting around his house stalking people on the Internet and playing vidya, he's outside socializing with people. Another possible reason for Chris' appeal in conventions is the fact that he is surrounded by people with similar interests, therefore making it easier for him to converse with them. Chris has noted that he feels more accepted at conventions, although whether this is truly the case or simply an incorrect interpretation of what really goes on can be debated.
Due to the charge he faces for engaging in incest, Chris missed out on conventions he had wished to attend while waiting in jail, and it will be highly likely that he will be barred from entry at future conventions.
Conventions Chris has attended
- BrickFest (9-11 June 2000, 19-21 July 2002; Arlington, Virginia): An adult LEGO convention and the first convention that Chris ever attended. Not much is known about his exploits here, but we can assume he probably showed off his Lego creations. Chris attended the very first BrickFest as well as its 2002 installment.
- Anime Mid-Atlantic (29 May 2004, 17-19 June 2005; Richmond, Virginia): The last convention Chris would attend for a decade. Here, he met voice actors and actresses such as Monica Rial, tried out Japanese foods, and hocked copies of Sonichu #0 while cosplaying as himself.
- Madicon (9 March 2013, Harrisonburg, Virginia): A two-day "Science Fiction, Fantasy, Anime, and Gaming convention" held at James Madison University. Chris was invited to the convention by a gal-pal but expressed concern that Barb would not allow him to be away from the house for an entire day, let alone a weekend. Barb eventually relented and allowed Chris to go for just the first day of the convention. He came dressed as Tom Cruise's masked, hooded character from Eyes Wide Shut in order to keep a low profile and not be recognized for himself. He described the experience in a few Facebook posts as "The best day I have had in a very long time".
- OmegaCon (29 August 2015, 28 August 2016; Charlottesville, Virginia): Chris went alone dressed up as the MLP character Vinyl Scratch and attended a cosplaying contest that he lost. He went back the next year and attended all three days from winning a free ticket from the last year. Chris also apparently tried marijuana here.
- BronyCon (11 August 2017-4 August 2019, Baltimore, Maryland): Chris attended this My Little Pony-themed convention for its final three years.
- MAGfest (6-7 January 2018, National Harbor, Maryland): Chris wanted to attend this convention all the way back in 2011, but budgeting issues (and Barb threatening suicide) prevented him from doing so. He later attended it 7 years later after hearing that there would be a panel themed after him that year.
- Unnamed rock and stamp conventions (Dates unknown): In June 2021, Chris claimed on Twitter to have attended "a couple of stamp conventions and rock conventions", stating that "vibes were neutral, in general, between them." These conventions probably took place in or around the Charlottesville area.
Conventions Chris has been kicked out of
- TooManyGames (22-23 June 2018, Oaks, Pennsylvania): The only convention that Chris has been booted from. Chris got too touchy-feely with guests and kissed many of them without their consent; because of this, he was kicked out on the second day of the three-day convention. Chris reacted by melting down, curling in the fetal position, and crying on the floor for an extended period of time.
Conventions Chris has attempted to attend
- Otakon (Baltimore, Maryland): In 2010, Chris planned for a time to visit the Otakon convention in Baltimore (in large part so he could meet Jackie there), but he managed to thwart himself by spending the money he'd set aside for the expedition. In an e-mail to Jackie, he claims that he overdrew his bank account shortly before the trip. This incurred the wrath of his parents, who refused to allow him to leave the house.
- BABSCon (15-17 April 2022, Burlingame, California): Chris first expressed interest in attending this San Francisco Bay Area My Little Pony convention in 2017 upon learning that volunteers were given free admission, but he lost interest after he realized that travel expenses would not be covered. He made a more serious attempt to raise money to attend the 2020 convention, but it was canceled that year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, he coped by playing make-believe that he had gone to the BABScon in dimension C-197. Chris's intention to attend the 2021 convention was frustrated when it too was canceled due to the ongoing pandemic. Chris's plan was to drive all the way from Virginia to California and back. BABScon eventually took place on April 2022, but Chris was incarcerated while the con took place, and there's a possibility he will be banned from any subsequent BABSCons.
Conventions that have banned Chris
- Seaquestria Fest (13-15 May 2022, Ocean City, Maryland): Chris was included on a preemptive blacklist made before this MLP convention's slated 2020 launch, and he will probably remain permanently banned from any subsequent events. Chris mentioned wanting to go once in 2019. Due to COVID-19, it was not held in 2020 or 2021. Chris was nevertheless in jail when the 2022 launch took place.
- Everfree Northwest (13-15 August 2021, Bellevue, Washington): In June 2021, Null announced that Chris would attend Everfree Northwest, a Seattle-area My Little Pony convention held in August 2021. Originally, Chris had planned to take the over 40-hour drive to the convention, however, he was convinced by Null to simply take a flight to Washington instead, stating that he would help with Chris's financial arrangements for the trip. Later in July 2021, Null would start a GoFundMe campaign in order to help raise the money for the trip, and Chris would upload a video promoting it, stating that donators to the campaign would receive shout out videos and artwork from Chris. Throughout July Chris would draw commissioned artwork and record videos for the donators.  However, following the Incest call being leaked later that month, and Chris being arrested in a motel parking lot on 1 August 2021, Chris was silently banned from attending Everfree Northwest by having his ticket revoked by the convention. Null later refunded all donors and cut his ties with Chris once and for all.
- LoveYouLongTime E-mails, 2013-2014#Madicon
- June 2021 social media posts#Convention stuff
- Kiwi Farms posts (Null)#Everfree Northwest Announcement
- https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-chrischan-get-to-evergreen-ponycon (https://archive.is/OTXD3)
- The Knights of CWC chats (July 2021)#Everfree revoked
- Help send Chris-Chan to Everfree NW#Update 4