Chandler Family Tree
Chris's ideas about his ancestry and lineage unsurprisingly differ greatly from what is known to be true.
What Chris Actually Believes
This Chandler Family Tree includes pets and people Chris imagines to be related to him:
Ancient leader Anne Boleyn, of the Queen of England──────Mary Boleyn Cherokee Clan │ │ ??? │ │ │ Richard Weston, │ 1st Earl of Portland ??? │ │ ??? │ │ │ Daniel Weston │ │ Robert Jean ??? Franklin-----------Holloman │ Chandler Sr. │ Chandler ├────────────────────────────────────┬─────────┬─────────────────────┐ │ │ │ │ │ Patricia Robert Barbara Jack Ran Corrina Harriett Tom Raymond Chandler---------Franklin------------Anne-----------Dale or Coleman Weston Ashby-----Ashby Weston │ Chandler Jr. │ Weston │ Smithey Yeatts │ ┌───────────┤ ┌─────┴─────┐ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ David Carol Christopher cats Cole Jonathan Alan Suzanne Weston Smithey Carey Chandler Chandler Chandler │ │ │ ┌─────┴─────┬───────────┬───────────┬───────────┐ │ │ │ │ │ │ Savannah Patti Crystal Sonichu-----Rosechu Reginald Chandler Chandler Weston │ Chandler Chandler │ ┌─────┴─────┬───────────┐ │ │ │ Cerah Christine Robbie
Poké Family Tree
Chris naturally drew his family tree in the form of Pokémon. He gives pilgrim hats to those on the Weston side and feathered headdresses to those on the Chandler side, both in reference to the extremely dubious tales of Chris's heritage.
Below is a transcription with the format Name / Date of Birth / Description / Culture and Pokemon.
- Top row
- Cole Smithey / born 7.24.1969 / Likes to play drums. Movie reviewer for New York Newspaper / English Pilgrim Electabuzz
- Christian W. Chandler / born 2.24.82 / Likes Pokemon, Sonic, and [Mario?]. 12th Grade student at Manchester High / Pikachu with Both Pilgrim and Native American garb.
- Carol Chandler / born 7.7.64 in Roanoke / Math wiz at college. / Native American Wigglytuff
- Allen Chandler [sic] / born 11.28.62 in Roanoke / ophthalmologist / Native American Alakazam
- Row 2
- Harriett Ashby / born ?.?.? / Administrative Assistant. Married to Tom Ashby / English Pilgrim Clefable
- Barbara W. Chandler / born ?.?.? / ??? / English Pilgrim Nidoqueen
- Robert F. Chandler / born 2.9.1928 / Retired Engineer. Likes old music. / Native American Nidoking
- Row 3
- Carrie Edna Weston / ? / ? / English Pilgrim Clefairy
- Joseph Otto Weston / ? / ? / English Pilgrim Haunter
- Jean Holloman Chandler / ? / ? / Native American Vulpix
- Robert F. Chandler Sr. / ? / ? / Native American Farfetch’d
- Row 4
- Victoria Wynn / ? / ? / English Pilgrim Victreebell
- Robert Wynn / ? / ? / English Pilgrim Fearow
- ? / ? / ? / English Pilgrim Missingno
- ? / ? / ? / English Pilgrim Dugtrio
- Frances Holloman / ? / ? / Native American Jynx
- J Holloman / ? / ? / Native American Porygon
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Jigglypuff
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Sandslash
- Row 5
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Missingno
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Exeggutor
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Missingno
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Kadabra
- Bottom row
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Missingno
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Hitmonlee
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Nidorina
- ? / ? / ? / Native American Persian
Actual family tree
Basic ancestry of Chris is depicted in this tree.
Imaginary people removed:
A full-sized family tree going back many generations can be viewed here.
In chronological order from most to least recent death, Chris' notable ancestors are:
Barbara's maternal grandfather Robert Pettis Wynn (17 Nov 1877 - 20 Jan 1952) was allegedly a two-timing drunk and moonshiner who "failed to provide even the most basic support for his wife and children". In his death certificate, his profession is given as tobacco farmer.
At least one of Chris's ancestors is known to have fought for the Confederacy in the American Civil War. Joseph Chandler (14 April 1832 - 1921) of Autauga County, Alabama, Chris's great-great-grandfather along his paternal line, enlisted in the Confederate Army as a private in 1862 and was paroled in 1865 after the conclusion of the war. He was part of the unit 38th Alabama Infantry Regiment during his time in the war. Joseph's professions after the war were shoemaker and herb doctor/herbalist. When questioned about his family's military history, Chris denied that his father's ancestors had fought for the Confederacy, although, oddly enough, he conceded that his mother's ancestors may have done so.
Joseph also had a younger brother Edmund (1835 - 1865, Chris's great-great-granduncle), who also fought for the Confederacy in the war at Camp of Instruction, Talladega, Alabama, but died as a result during the war in 1865.
Francis Weston Sr. (Feb 1793 - 19 March 1836) was an English-born immigrant to the United States. He is Barbara's great-great-grandfather along her paternal line, making him Chris's maternal great-great-great-grandfather.
Born in Derbyshire, he had immigrated to Ohio by the 1820s, marrying Grace "Gracy" Weston (née Moore) in 1821, also an English-born immigrant from Derbyshire. They had six children, the oldest being Mary Ann Weston in 1825 and the youngest Joseph Edward "John" Weston in July 1836, all in Augusta Township. Through Joseph, Francis's surname would be carried on to Barbara, which, in turn, would serve as the basis for our hero's middle name. Francis would pass away 4 months before his youngest son Joseph was born on March 1836.
In a later pseudo-historical account of events by Barbara and Chris, Francis is replaced by a certain Daniel Weston. Unlike the historical Francis Weston, Daniel Weston travelled to North America in 1620 (a whole 2 centuries earlier than Francis), and has the honor of being of a descendant of Anne Boleyn (whose only daughter died childless).
John Chandler and Elizabeth Lupo
Although there is no evidence that his mother's ancestors were on board the Mayflower, Chris's paternal ancestors were among the first settlers of his home state of Virginia. Chris's direct male ancestor John Chandler (c. 1600-1657), a native of London, was an early settler of Jamestown, Virginia, arriving in 1610, ten years before the Mayflower. John married the widow Elizabeth Lupo (née Bassano), a member of the illustrious Bassano family of musicians who had been recruited from Venice by King Henry VIII to serve in his court (some have claimed that the Bassanos were of Jewish origin, but the jury is out). The Chandler family migrated southwest over the generations, passing through North Carolina and Georgia before settling in Alabama, Bob's home state.
John Chandler is the fifth great-grandfather of the Confederate veteran Joseph Chandler mentioned above, and the ninth great-grandfather of Chris.
Hugh and Isabel Bardolf
Hugh Bardolf (1259 - c. 1304) and Isabel Bardolf (born Isabel Aguillon; c. 1258 - 1323), Chris' 19th great-grandparents, were a medieval English couple who married in 1281. According to a Redditor's Wikitree research in 2022, they are Chris' most recent shared ancestors with Anne Boleyn (albeit on his father's side, not his mother's): they gave birth to Thomas (Boleyn's 6th great-grandfather) in 1282, Margery around 1283, William in 1284, and Nicola (Chris' 18th great-grandmother) around 1294. This means that, although Chris is not descended from Anne Boleyn, he is indeed a distant relative. This is hardly surprising, as all humans are relatives of each other of varying distance.
In addition to being the source of Chris's distant connection with Anne Boleyn, Hugh Bardolf, was the first nobleman of Baron Bardolf, a noble title in the Peerage of England. His wife Isabel was a member of the Aguillon family (of French origin), who were feudal landowners in England. Isabel's father, Sir Robert Aguillon (c. 1220s - 1286), was a Sheriff of Surrey & Sussex County and a keeper of two castles in both counties.
Hugh Bardolf's descendants unite with those of John Chandler in 1700, when Robert Chandler (John's grandson, 1659 - c. 1720) and his wife Elizabeth (Hugh's 10th great-granddaughter, b. 1664) give birth to Joseph Chandler (11 Aug 1700 - 11 Oct 1764), Chris' 6th great-grandparent, in New Kent, Virginia.
In January 2017, a distant relative of Chris posted images to Kiwi Farms, on various documents relating to the Chandler family, acquired from Ancestry.com
|Bob is apparently an only child, however Barbara has five deceased siblings and several more living ones.|
|Most of Chris's ancestors were farmers, doing tasks that Chris would find back breaking.|
|Chris, from what I gathered, is not 1/16 Cherokian. He is however 1/16 British and 1/8 French Canadian.|
|His great great grandparent's from Northern Ireland.|
The "Northern Irish" ancestor was Chris's great-great-grandmother Mary Weston (née McClintic, 31 Oct 1834 - 25 Dec 1910). Mary was born in the town of Omagh (whose name means "the virgin plain" in Gaelic) in County Tyrone, in what is today Northern Ireland. She came to the United States between 1840 and 1850, likely as a result of the Irish Potato Famine. She settled in Augusta, Ohio, where she married Joseph "John" Edward Weston, Chris's great-great-grandfather, in 1858, who was also from Augusta and both later settled in Clarksville, Virginia.
The "French Canadian" ancestor was Chris's great-grandmother Sarah Jane Weston (née Hamilton, Apr 1867 - 25 Jan 1938), who was born in Huntingdon, Quebec and migrated to Bluestone, Virginia with her family on 1870s, an area around 5 miles south of Red Oak. Although the majority of Quebeckers speak French, her maiden name and her mother's maiden name McDonald, suggests that she was of Scottish ancestry and belonged to the province's English-speaking minority. Both her paternal and maternal grandparents were from Scotland; therefore, Sarah is of full Scottish descent. Sarah is presumably Chris's most recent immigrant ancestor.
Chris's ancestry, showing him to be 100% pure cracker. Also note the got-dang Y chromosome.
- ↑ Bob's Ancestors
- ↑ Bob's Immediate Family
- ↑ Chris's Maternal Grandmother
- ↑ One of Chris's Maternal Uncles by Marriage
- ↑ http://www.harveypowers.com/wynn/wynn/d118.html#P141
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/238604751/robert-pettis-wynn
- ↑ A Kiwi Farms post with a record of Joseph Chandler
- ↑ https://www.nps.gov/civilwar/search-soldiers-detail.htm?soldierId=0AA5818C-DC7A-DF11-BF36-B8AC6F5D926A
- ↑ http://alagenealogy.com/Patriarchs/Chandler,%20Sidney%20Smith.htm#JOSEPH%20H.2%20CHANDLER
- ↑ Jail Letter - 25 May 2022
- ↑ https://www.nps.gov/civilwar/search-soldiers-detail.htm?soldierId=C3A5818C-DC7A-DF11-BF36-B8AC6F5D926A
- ↑ Joseph (listed as Edward Weston) with his three older siblings and mother Gracy in 1850 census)
- ↑ Gracy Weston (Joseph's mother) in 1860 census with her son Francis
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/118642485/francis-weston
- ↑ https://www.geni.com/people/John-Chandler-l/6000000008639070482
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/ChrisChanSonichu/comments/tedhwz/barb_may_not_have_been_related_to_anne_boleyn_but/
- ↑ https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Aguillon-5
- ↑ https://kiwifarms.net/threads/interesting-info-about-chriss-family-particularly-their-parents.27521/
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/22502739/joseph-mcclintock
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/24279732/mary-weston
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/35318370/sarah-jane-weston
- ↑ https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/6823228286:62476
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/249266361/jane-hamilton
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/249027191/daniel-hamilton