Chris-Chan: A Comprehensive History
Chris-Chan: A Comprehensive History is a webseries created by producer and musician Geno Samuel, which began in February 2018. It is essentially a documentary about Chris's life, similar to Sachumo's. However, while Sachumo's film is an abridged summary of Chris's life for newcomers, Geno's videos go into greater detail, each video being around 30 to 40 minutes long. The series is in chronological order, taking several videos just to cover Chris's life before his internet fame, and Geno has said that he plans to step through the densely packed events of 2009–10 in increments of a few months. The series is still ongoing, and Geno predicts that it will be around 50 episodes long by the time he reaches the present day. Geno plans to continue the series incrementally until ultimately it reaches an end. Chris is aware of the series, and has commented on it several times over Twitter and YouTube.
Geno attempted to monetize his GenoSamuel2 channel. On 13 June of that year, when it was his turn to be reviewed by YouTube staff for the monetization program, they instead issued community guideline strikes due to the clips of bullying featured in the videos, and as a result his channel was terminated. Geno confirmed that he did send an appeal form, but YouTube never gave him his channel back. Fans reuploaded all of the episodes made prior to the strike and Geno created a new backup channel on YouTube where the series would be uploaded from then on.
A week later, Geno revealed on the backup channel he would be taking a long break from the videos, stating that he was getting tired of always having to have Chris in his mind when making the documentary. He said that he will continue working on them sometime near the end of the year.
On 3 January 2019, he announced on his Twitter in the form of a teaser poster that the series would be coming back on 24 February 2019, which also happens to be Chris's birthday. The new series contains updated audio, additional and corrected information and some modifications to prevent another takedown. He also mentioned that he would not be monetizing the videos out of respect.
Geno said that Chris knew of the original run of the series and approved of it.
Mentions by Chris
In August 2019, Chris, while in his phase of role-playing as Magi-Chan, began "binge-listening" to the series (suggesting that, like with the Sachumo documentary, Chris couldn't bear to actually watch the videos). Chris would make comments on the videos as Magi-Chan via Twitter, and as himself in YouTube's comment section.
Chris's interest in the series continued after his phrase of role-playing as Magi-Chan ended, eventually watching the series as opposed to just listening.
- "quite curious, when you think about it, from the Animal Crossing Video, Christine calls for Sonic Heroes being GameCube exclusive; she gave premonition to the Nintendo-Exclusive Sonic titles."
- He noted exactly which cartoons and games Megan Schroeder had introduced him to over a decade prior "just for the record and Megan's reference", those being Soul Calibur and Tekken OC Yoshimitsu, also saying he'd been a fan of My Little Pony and Sailor Moon before meeting Megan.
- "You made me laugh when you stiltedly read, 'You don't have to tell me twice. But back in the Stone Age...' Just simply how you said it cracked me up.
Reminder, the end of that joke is,
'...you Really needed to tell them twice'; you couldn't get it through their heads at all."
- Chris viewed his past homophobia with regret.
- Chris commented on Part 24 in YouTube's comment section, claiming that he had known Alec Benson Leary was a troll, among other dubious remarks:
|I remember those times, and it was cringing to hear myself drone ON and ON just in thinking he was going to clear those ads from my old website. Subconsciously, I had always Known he and his crew were Trolling me the whole time, and it showed in how I reacted later on. And, yet, while partly oblivious, I Was Trolling Alec At the time. And I take no shame in it, because he was Trolling Me. I saw through his charade and showed it in how he treated everyone in my few pages, as he had already done, and worse, in his pages. It only added fuel to the nobility of pulling the plug on the Cwcipedia to save myself, my arts, and my peoples and family, he from the shit I was having to deal with from those bastards. Psychic Powers were strong within me in the later part of this video. And they have only gotten stronger over the years into now, despite my having the many more trials to endure and learn from.|
This Part, starting from 16:30, I forgot I made this video. It was soo Stupid, it is genuinely hilarious.
Rolling on the floor laughing
I guess it was in the high-energetic, loud voice I used that day to imitate Liquid Chris. ALOL!
“yamosexual”? Get ready for a meme of that word.
Episodes (both original and revived series)
- Part 1 (original, current): Addresses the events from his birth to his high school graduation.
- Part 2 (original, current): Addresses the events from his enrolling in PVCC to the autism papers.
- Part 3 (original, current): Addresses the events from C-Mas 2004 to Chris's graduation from PVCC.
- Part 4 (original, current): Addresses the events from the release of Sonichu #5 to Chris's message to Encyclopedia Dramatica.
- Part 5 (original, current): Addresses the events from Chris finally caving into editing his ED page to the Sonichu Game Talk video.
- Part 6 (original, current): Addresses the events from Chris emailing Blanca about porn to the desecration of his medallion.
- Part 7 (original, current): Addresses the events from Chris crashing into slumber to Clyde Cash revealing himself.
- Part 8 (original, current): Addresses the events from CWC to Mr. Miyamoto-san to the Australian brushfires of 2009.
- Part 9 (original, current): Addresses the events from CWC Update 8 February 2009 to Chris preparing for Aunt Corrina's funeral.
- Part 10 (original, current): Addresses the events from Aunt Corrina's funeral to Robert Simmons V's church visit.
- Part 11 (original, current): Addresses the events from Apology to Emily to YouTube Finale.
- Part 12 (original, current): Addresses the events from ED's 2009 April Fools' Day prank to the hacking of cwcville.com.
- Part 13 (original, current): Addresses the events from CWC only accepts IN-PERSON FEMALE Encounters to Do Not Dis C Ville.
- Part 14 (current): Addresses the events from Chris humping his PS3 to Liquid Chris revealing Chris's "real" name.
- Part 15 (current): Addresses the events from C.W.C. - Thank You :) to LOOK at the truth!.
- Part 16 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's circa August 2009 meeting with Kim Wilson and Kacey at Applebee's to Kacey Call 4.
- Part 17 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's September 2009 death threat to Vivian Gee to Kacey Call 21.
- Part 18 (current): Addresses the events from the final installment of Chris's interview with Larry Bundy Jr. to Another One for Clyde Gregg.
- Part 19 (current): Addresses the events from Chris opening his "ClydeGreggCashMays" account on YouTube to the Father Call.
- Part 20 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's 51 bicep curl video to the CWC Personal Sonichu Presentation.
- Part 21 (current): Addresses the events from the Failed Prank Call to Chris answering Mailbag 13.
- Part 22 (current): Addresses the events from 12102009 - Fanmail Reading.MP4 to 01142010.MOV.
- Part 23 (current): Addresses the events from What's the Name, Christian Chandler, C H R I S C H A N to Alec Benson Leary Phone Call 2.
- Part 24 (current): Addresses the events from Apologies to Alec and Evan to Chris answering Mailbag 52.
- Part 25 (current): Addresses the events from Alec Benson Leary Phone Call 8 to the release of Sonichu #10.
- Part 26 (current): Addresses the events from Alec Benson Leary Phone Call 9 to 03212010 C-Ya Later.MOV.
- Part 27 (current): Addresses the events from Cleveland Show Voice Rant to Greene County Conspiracy.
- Part 28 (current): Addresses the events from the Yeardley Love video to JenkinsJinkies' conversation with Clyde.
- Part 29 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's 4 July 2010 visit to McIntire Park to EXCLUSIVE Manchester High School 2000 Reunion Required NOW.
- Part 30 (current): Addresses the events from Stardate, August 27, 2010 to Jackie E-mails 16.
- Part 31 (current): Addresses the events from Lars' Ship has Sunk.MOV to A Public Announcement for Congress.
- Part 32 (current): Addresses the events from Pregnant Act to ToJackie.
- Part 33 (current): Addresses the events from Jackie E-mails 20 to 100 2357.MOV.
- Part 34 (current): Addresses the events from Jackie E-mails 23 to Gal Pal E-mails 3.
- Link to video, and archive.org's screenshot of the comments section.