Chris-Chan: A Comprehensive History
|“||Chris-Chan. Arguably the most documented person in history.
His antics have been witnessed by millions, with many always keeping a close eye on him, waiting to see what he does next.
What made him this way? What is the attraction? What keeps us fascinated?
This is the story of Chris-Chan.
|Geno Samuel's opening narration to the series, condensed to the last two lines for most episodes; starting in Episode XLIV, feminine pronouns are used in the intro.|
Chris-Chan: A Comprehensive History is a webseries created by Lithuanian producer and musician Geno Samuel, which began in February 2018. It is, as the name suggests, an extensive, in-depth documentary about Chris's life, similar to Sachumo's. However, while Sachumo's film is an abridged summary of Chris's life for newcomers, Geno's videos go into greater detail, with each video being around 30 to 40 minutes in length. As of Episode LI, the documentary series is 1 day, 10 hours, 49 minutes, and 30 seconds long, and covers 34 years of Chris's life.
The series is in chronological order, taking several videos just to cover Chris's life before his internet fame, with a significant portion of the series dedicated to the densely packed events of 2009 and 2010. It presents the events of Chris's life in a mostly objective light, allowing watchers to pass their own judgment on Chris and the people around him. Nonetheless, Geno occasionally slips in a jab or two in the form of observations about Chris's shortcomings. Furthermore, he also manages to maintain a completely neutral tone of voice when discussing the absolute absurdities present in Chris's life, which leads to some of the documentary's funniest lines.
Geno's narration also reflects Chris's changes in identity throughout the series, initially referring to him as "Christopher" before changing it to "Christian" in the first episode and using masculine pronouns for the bulk of the show's run, eventually shifting over to calling Chris "Christine" and using feminine pronouns much later in the series. It remains to be seen if he will eventually revert to using masculine pronouns during Chris's extended period of being "possessed" by Sonichu.
The series is still ongoing (currently covering everything from Chris's birth to late 2016), and though Geno initially predicted that it would be around 50 episodes long by the time he reached the present day, it seems much more likely Geno will have over 60 episodes finished and released by the time he's reached modern Christory. Once he's "caught up" with Christian Weston Chandler's Adult Chronicles, Geno plans to continue the series incrementally until it ultimately reaches its logical conclusion. Chris is aware of the series, and has commented on it several times over Twitter and YouTube, usually expressing approval of Geno's attention to detail.
Geno attempted to monetize his GenoSamuel2 channel. On 13 June of that year, when it was his turn to be reviewed by YouTube staff for the monetization program, they instead issued community guideline strikes due to the clips of bullying featured in the videos, and as a result his channel was terminated. Geno confirmed that he did send an appeal form, but YouTube never gave him his channel back. Fans reuploaded all of the episodes made prior to the strike and Geno created a new backup channel on YouTube where the series would be uploaded from then on.
A week later, Geno revealed on the backup channel he would be taking a long break from the videos, stating that he was getting tired of always having to have Chris in his mind when making the documentary. He said that he will continue working on them sometime near the end of the year.
On 3 January 2019, he announced on his Twitter in the form of a teaser poster that the series would be coming back on 24 February 2019, which also happens to be Chris's birthday. The new series contains updated audio, additional and corrected information and some modifications to prevent another takedown. He also mentioned that he would not be monetizing the videos out of respect.
Geno said that Chris knew of the original run of the series and approved of it.
On 14 September, Geno posted a message explaining why he decided to use feminine pronouns to refer to Chris beginning from Episode 43:
|CHRIS CHAN’S PRONOUNS ARE NOT SHE/HER, AND THEY SERIOUSLY CAUSE SENSORY OVERLOADS IN ME!!! GENO NEEDS TO RECALL EVERYTHING REFERRING TO HIM AS A WOMAN AND CHANGE CHRIS’ GENDER BACK IMMEDIATELY!!!|
FOLLOW ME IN BOYCOTTING CHRIS CHAN: A COMPREHENSIVE HISTORY, UNTIL GENO WISES UP, RECALLS EVERYTHING AND CHANGES HIS PRONOUNS BACK, NOW!!!
But seriously, yes, the transition happened, and has already caused an uproar which I doubt will subside. This would have happened anyway if I didn’t change it; I would have a different vocal minority yelling about it. The change does not reflect my personal opinions, and even if they did, the star of the series’ name now would still be “Christine.” I must deal with the reality at hand. I started calling Christopher “Christian” when he wanted to be called that, and now I just started referring to her as a woman with the name of “Christine.” The video series should not be seen as a voice of reason, or as a preacher with a message. It is an opportunity to give Chris a voice, and to offer a better understanding of her thoughts through the very many experiences meticulously documented in her life. It is up to you to make whatever you want with the information given. As the ancient Indian proverb goes, “It is what it is.”
Mentions by Chris
In August 2019, Chris, while in his phase of role-playing as Magi-Chan, began "binge-listening" to the series (suggesting that, like with the Sachumo documentary, Chris couldn't bear to actually watch the videos). Chris would make comments on the videos as Magi-Chan via Twitter, and as himself in YouTube's comment section.
Chris's interest in the series continued after his phrase of role-playing as Magi-Chan ended, eventually watching the series as opposed to just listening.
- "quite curious, when you think about it, from the Animal Crossing Video, Christine calls for Sonic Heroes being GameCube exclusive; she gave premonition to the Nintendo-Exclusive Sonic titles."
- He noted exactly which cartoons and games Megan Schroeder had introduced him to over a decade prior "just for the record and Megan's reference", those being Soul Calibur and Tekken OC Yoshimitsu, also saying he'd been a fan of My Little Pony and Sailor Moon before meeting Megan.
- "You made me laugh when you stiltedly read, 'You don't have to tell me twice. But back in the Stone Age...' Just simply how you said it cracked me up.
Reminder, the end of that joke is,
'...you Really needed to tell them twice'; you couldn't get it through their heads at all."
- Chris viewed his past homophobia with regret.
- Chris commented on Part 24 in YouTube's comment section, claiming that he had known Alec Benson Leary was a troll, among other dubious remarks:
|I remember those times, and it was cringing to hear myself drone ON and ON just in thinking he was going to clear those ads from my old website. Subconsciously, I had always Known he and his crew were Trolling me the whole time, and it showed in how I reacted later on. And, yet, while partly oblivious, I Was Trolling Alec At the time. And I take no shame in it, because he was Trolling Me. I saw through his charade and showed it in how he treated everyone in my few pages, as he had already done, and worse, in his pages. It only added fuel to the nobility of pulling the plug on the Cwcipedia to save myself, my arts, and my peoples and family, he from the shit I was having to deal with from those bastards. Psychic Powers were strong within me in the later part of this video. And they have only gotten stronger over the years into now, despite my having the many more trials to endure and learn from.|
This Part, starting from 16:30, I forgot I made this video. It was soo Stupid, it is genuinely hilarious.
Rolling on the floor laughing
I guess it was in the high-energetic, loud voice I used that day to imitate Liquid Chris. ALOL!
“yamosexual”? Get ready for a meme of that word.
- About Part 38, Chris laughed about the goofy facial expressions he had made in Message for John Kyle.
- About Part 39, an angry Chris complained about Geno reading an e-mail from the Gal Pal E-mails 4 collection in which Chris had privately talked about shoving his own penis into his buttcrack. He also whined about Geno's coverage of the house fire.
|Hey! Firstly, that door to the bathroom downstairs was unable to close at all back in 2013 and early ‘14. Second, Why the Hell would you read that personal shit about Mama with the penis thing? Oh, My Chris Chan! Why did Kim have to be such a literal Troll to totally expose these things when they were shared with her in strictest confidence? “Kim Wilson”, if that is even your real name at this point, Mama may forgive you to an extent, but I, Sonichu, am truly insulted by this shit stunt you’ve pulled with her trust in betrayal over the years.|
- About part 42, Chris commented on the Brushfire Video:
|For the record, when Mama recorded that putting out the fire video, she and Barb were literally still recovering from the house fire earlier that year. Sight of fire gave Mama a whole bunch of PTSD for the number of years.|
- About part 44, Chris thanked Geno for referring to him with his preferred pronouns, as the series had entered the point of Chris's transgenderism.
|Finally, you got the pronoun right with Mama Chris Chan; thanks, Geno. Better late than never. 😊⚡️|
What is the attraction?
In his 100k subscriber Q&A special uploaded in December of 2020, Geno answered a question Chris had posted from the CwcvilleGuardian account. Roleplaying as Sonichu, Chris asked what Geno believed to be the draw of himself and life story.
|Hey, Geno. I, Sonichu, offer a sentiment of support and kind thoughts in response to this. Congratulations, Dude. But I do have a question, as well (feel free to get really Metaphysical about it; break your own fourth walls). Given every single possibility between this and all other dimensions in this Omega timeline set we live in, including that Mama Chris Chan, herself, being the OC of OCs, could also have been a creator of all Original Creators, including yourself, if not that one major influential aspect, What do you feel is the most significant factor that attracts everyone's attention, including yourself, to her?
In short, What do You feel and think is the attraction; what makes you fascinated about Chris Chan?
Geno answered Chris's inquiry at 1:10:28 as the final question of the video, stating that he found it fascinating due to how it cannot be replicated today and how Chris and various trolls created an entire fantasy world which Chris lived – and continues to live – in:
|The attraction is that the story of Chris-Chan came about during a very interesting time on the internet: of course, because this could not technically really happen in real life as much as it did here. It was a difficult time on the internet where it was kinda like a Wild West situation, where there was a lot more focused on trolling and bullying and saying whatever the hell you want without any consequences. And people were getting in touch with the internet and posting videos and showing themselves off online a lot, without maybe understanding the consequences of what bad things might happen to them. You know, all the bullying that Chris took from the trolls, it's like a wonderful mix of belief in self mixed in with trolls' ambitions to work against or for that belief – to create this sort of fictional universe for Chris. Which Chris ended up believing wholeheartedly, recently. It's a product of its time, really. You can't really replicate it these days – because I think the internet has now a lot more safeguards against this sort of carry-on. And Chris is a very unique individual. I think you might know that very well. He's very unique, a product of his own upbringing and of his own autism. And that's what keeps me fascinated. It's almost like a fictional universe created artificially in a in a real life universe, you might say. Um, and I can understand how this can get really metaphysical because I kinda feel like the trolls and Chris kinda helped each other to create this fictional universe for each other. Though some people believed in it a lot more than others. And that's – I think – a big reason why Sonichu/Christine might think the same way about being the, uh, "creator" of real creations, because they are alive in a sense. If you believe in it, they are alive – the characters. You might treat them as alive to an extent. I think it's a bit too much to say that they do exist in an alternate dimension – I don't believe in that at all – but they do exist as much as you want them to exist. It's all up to you. It's all up to the human mind – each individual brain – what you think. It's all up to you – whether you want to improve yourself, or whether you want to go down this path or that path, whether you want to listen to your superiors or not. It really is all up to you – and your world is whatever you want to make of it. Be it intentionally want to make of it or unintentionally want to make of it, consciously or subconsciously. And that's the story of why I find it fascinating.|
|Stardate||13 December 2020|
|Made By||Geno Samuel|
|TRUE and HONEST Sonichu Fan Videos|
Episodes (both original and revived series)
- Part 1 (original, current): Addresses the events from his birth to his high school graduation.
- Part 2 (original, current): Addresses the events from his enrolling in PVCC to the autism papers.
- Part 3 (original, current): Addresses the events from C-Mas 2004 to Chris's graduation from PVCC.
- Part 4 (original, current): Addresses the events from the release of Sonichu #5 to Chris's message to Encyclopedia Dramatica.
- Part 5 (original, current): Addresses the events from Chris finally caving into editing his ED page to the Sonichu Game Talk video.
- Part 6 (original, current): Addresses the events from Chris emailing Blanca about porn to the desecration of his medallion.
- Part 7 (original, current): Addresses the events from Chris crashing into slumber to Clyde Cash revealing himself.
- Part 8 (original, current): Addresses the events from CWC to Mr. Miyamoto-san to the Australian brushfires of 2009.
- Part 9 (original, current): Addresses the events from CWC Update 8 February 2009 to Chris preparing for Aunt Corrina's funeral.
- Part 10 (original, current): Addresses the events from Aunt Corrina's funeral to Robert Simmons V's church visit.
- Part 11 (original, current): Addresses the events from Apology to Emily to YouTube Finale.
- Part 12 (original, current): Addresses the events from ED's 2009 April Fools' Day prank to the hacking of cwcville.com.
- Part 13 (original, current): Addresses the events from CWC only accepts IN-PERSON FEMALE Encounters to Do Not Dis C Ville.
- Part 14 (current): Addresses the events from Chris humping his PS3 to Liquid Chris revealing Chris's "real" name.
- Part 15 (current): Addresses the events from C.W.C. - Thank You :) to LOOK at the truth!.
- Part 16 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's circa August 2009 meeting with Kim Wilson and Kacey at Applebee's to Kacey Call 4.
- Part 17 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's September 2009 death threat to Vivian Gee to Kacey Call 21.
- Part 18 (current): Addresses the events from the final installment of Chris's interview with Larry Bundy Jr. to Another One for Clyde Gregg.
- Part 19 (current): Addresses the events from Chris opening his "ClydeGreggCashMays" account on YouTube to the Father Call.
- Part 20 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's 51 bicep curl video to the CWC Personal Sonichu Presentation.
- Part 21 (current): Addresses the events from the Failed Prank Call to Chris answering Mailbag 13.
- Part 22 (current): Addresses the events from 12102009 - Fanmail Reading.MP4 to 01142010.MOV.
- Part 23 (current): Addresses the events from What's the Name, Christian Chandler, C H R I S C H A N to Alec Benson Leary Phone Call 2.
- Part 24 (current): Addresses the events from Apologies to Alec and Evan to Chris answering Mailbag 52.
- Part 25 (current): Addresses the events from Alec Benson Leary Phone Call 8 to the release of Sonichu #10.
- Part 26 (current): Addresses the events from Alec Benson Leary Phone Call 9 to 03212010 C-Ya Later.MOV.
- Part 27 (current): Addresses the events from Cleveland Show Voice Rant to Greene County Conspiracy.
- Part 28 (current): Addresses the events from the Yeardley Love video to JenkinsJinkies' conversation with Clyde.
- Part 29 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's 4 July 2010 visit to McIntire Park to EXCLUSIVE Manchester High School 2000 Reunion Required NOW.
- Part 30 (current): Addresses the events from Stardate, August 27, 2010 to Jackie E-mails 16.
- Part 31 (current): Addresses the events from Lars' Ship has Sunk.MOV to A Public Announcement for Congress.
- Part 32 (current): Addresses the events from Pregnant Act to ToJackie.
- Part 33 (current): Addresses the events from Jackie E-mails 20 to 100 2357.MOV.
- Part 34 (current): Addresses the events from Jackie E-mails 23 to Gal Pal E-mails 3.
- Part 35 (current): Addresses the events from the creation of the Tomboys And Tomgirls of Virginia forum to The Red-Maned Deer.
- Part 36 (current): Addresses the events from Kaka Makeup Basics to the Rocky Shoemaker call.
- Part 37 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's January 2012 Facebook posts to the July 2012 settlement of the Michael Snyder case.
- Part 38 (current): Addresses the events from Trollsta's Paradise: A True and Honest Tribute to Christian & The Hedgehog Boys to Chris's September 2013 Facebook posts about Lego minifigs.
- Part 39 (current): Addresses the events from the October 2013 Facebook posts to Gal Pal E-mails 4.
- Part 40 (current): Addresses the events from the May 2014 Facebook posts to him finishing his first leg of his date with Catherine.
- Part 41 (current): Addresses the events from the second leg of his date with Catherine to Chris addressing his reasoning for the Mr. Smith situation.
- Part 42 (current): Addresses the events from the start of the Sonic Boom Protests to the end of the Keep Sonic Original page.
- Part 43 (current): Addresses the events from a possible reference to Chris's distaste for pickles in an episode of Sonic Boom to a comment made by him on the official My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Facebook page in March 2015. This is the first episode to use feminine pronouns to describe Chris.
- Part 44 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's second hearing for the Boxing Day macing to his "Pink Fresh Lemonade" drawing. Debuts a new version of the intro, using feminine pronouns.
- Part 45 (current): Addresses the events from Chris's temporary ban from Facebook to Sonichu and Rosechu figure collection toy battle!
- Part 46 (current): Addresses the events from Donation Options Reviewed. to Group Embargo on GameStop, Best Buy, and Simon Shopping Centers.
- Part 47 (current): Addresses the events from Chris' 30 November 2015 Facebook post about his bed to Update, 1/22/2016, and new items for Cwcville Shopping.
- Part 48 (current): Addresses the events from CatKnight Interview to Jeff is Beyond Denounced.
- Part 49 (current): Addresses the events from Happy Pokémon Day. to Please, Donate.
- Part 50 (current): Addresses the events from Subliminal Frequency Hypnosis to Donations Requested, Please.
- Part 51 (current): Addresses the events from Reading "Unicorns, Rainbows, and a Bluebird of Happiness" Chapter 1 to Chris's Facebook post regarding incest.
|Chris Chan: A Comprehensive History - Without Context|
|Stardate||10 February 2021|
- Link to video, and archive.org's screenshot of the comments section.
- May 2020 social media posts#Chris talks about Genosamuel's Documentary