|“||Raise with Tender Loving Care, let your child make friends, and Most Importantly, MAINSTREAM; let your child be free to communicate and associate with the Normal Society. Special Education is okay, but that will not do in the longest run.||”|
|Chris gives advice on how to raise an autistic child, unaware that it was exactly this obsession with "MAINSTREAM" that caused his arrested development in the 1990s.|
The 1990s was where Chris spent an abundance of his childhood. It notably saw the beginning of his obsession with Sonic the Hedgehog and Pokémon, which would eventually lead to the abomination we know as Sonichu. Chris was aged between 7 and 17.
Events of 1990
- 1990 - Bob Chandler DJs the WTJU Marathon.
- 24 February - Christopher's 8th birthday.
- August/September - Chris enters 3rd grade at Greene County Primary School.
- 4 September - Bob's 63rd birthday.
- 1 October - Barb's 49th birthday.
1991 would be the start of a troublesome year for Christopher. He began fourth grade at Nathanael Greene Elementary School and had a conflict with the principal. Certain teachers also supposedly abused Chris, and the school's administration wanted Chris put in intensive special education or an "institution". It is not clear if Chris completed the entire school year at Nathanael Greene or if he was withdrawn earlier.
This year also saw Tiffany Robinson ending her friendship with Chris.
Events of 1991
- 24 February - Christopher's 9th birthday.
- April - A picture of Chris is taken on some monkey bars.
- 23 June - The first Sonic the Hedgehog game is released.
- June/July - Christopher is first introduced to Sonic the Hedgehog.
- August/September - Chris enters 4th grade at Nathanael Greene. He soon develops a dislike towards the allegedly homosexual principal of the school.
- September - A picture of Chris is taken at a local playground.
- 4 September - Bob's 64th birthday.
- 1 October - Barb's 50th birthday.
- 1991/1992 - Chris is supposedly abused by the teachers and principal at Nathanael Greene.
- 1991/1992 - Bob takes the "abusive" faculty to court but fails.
In 1992, Chris was homeschooled by his father. Despite the presumable stress of the situation Chris was in, this year would see him have a magical encounter that'd lead him to changing his first name.
Events of 1992
- 24 February - Christopher's 10th birthday.
- 7 May - The 27th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1 July - Chris begins his stamp collection.
- August/September - Chris enters fifth grade at home.
- 4 September - Bob's 65th birthday.
- 1 October - Barb's 51st birthday.
- December - An encounter with The Bear inspires Christopher to start calling himself Christian.
Events of 1993
- 1993 - Chris's noble steed is manufactured.
- 24 February - Christopher's 11th birthday.
- September - Chris and Bob move to Richmond, where Chris begins attending Providence, entering the sixth grade.
- 4 September - Bob turns 66.
- Autumn - Chris enters the Sonic the Hedgehog Watch & Win Sweepstakes.
- Autumn - Chris meets Sonic the Hedgehog.
- 1 October - Barb turns 52.
- 19 November - Amy Rose and Metal Sonic's first American appearance, in Sonic CD. Little did they know the horror of the future Rosechus and Metal Sonichu.
- 20 November - Chris attends the grand opening of Service Merchandise Co. in Midlothian, VA. He gets Spider-Man's autograph and meets Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Barbie, Santa Claus and a dog.
- 29 December - An article in the Richmond Times-Dispatch discusses Chris, his name change and the Sonic contest.
In 1994, Chris legally changed his name. He also won the Sonic contest, bringing in over $1,000 worth of Sega games and consoles.
Events of 1994
- early 1994 - Chris's name is legally changed from Christopher to Christian.
- 24 February - Christian's 12th birthday.
- 26 February - Christian wins the Sonic the Hedgehog Watch & Win Sweepstakes.
- 2 March - Butthurt that they lost their original case, the Chandlers file their appeal with the Virginia Court of Appeals. They are represented by James B. Dick.
- 9 May - The record of the case of Bob Chandler vs. Greene County School Board is received by the Virginia Court of Appeals.
- 27 May - DoopieDoOver is born.
- 28 June - The Virginia Court of Appeals writes a written decision that dismisses the case of of Bob Chandler vs. Greene County School Board.
- 9 July - Cole sends Barbara a postcard from San Francisco about his band.
- 16 July - Cole performs at Troubadour with special guest Brian Vouglas.
- August/September - Christian enters the seventh grade at Providence Middle School.
- 22 August - Joshua Wise, ringleader of the Idea Guys, is born.
- 4 September - Bob turns 67.
- 1 October - Barb turns 53.
In 1995, Chris entered eighth grade at Providence Middle School.
Events of 1995
- 24 February - Christian's 13th birthday.
- March - first appearance of Chaotix in Knuckles' Chaotix. If they had known about the horror of the Chaotic Combo, they wouldn't have bothered.
- 26 April - Tedrall, a friend of Cole's, posts on a listserv inquiring about Jack Dale Smithey, as Cole still believes that he, rather than his true and honest biological father Ran Coleman Yeatts, is his biological father.
- Summer - The Chandler family moves out of Cloverleaf Lakes Apartments and into the Surrywood Subdivision.
- 10 June - Bryanfrogboy is born.
- August/September - Christian enters the eighth grade at Providence Middle School.
- 7 August - Birth of Savannah Chandler.
- 4 September - Bob turns 68.
- 1 October - Barb turns 54.
- 25 December - Chris receives a two-faced sports fan, a Power Rangers Shogun Megazord and a new bicycle for Christmas.
1996 was a rather stressful year for Chris's parents. The neighbors around their new house in Newberry Towne Subdivision started spreading rumors about the Chandler family. This was rather hard for Bob and Barbara to bear. Christian himself didn't seem to mind the trouble too much; this year, he began attending Manchester High School, where he apparently spent the happiest years of his life.
Events of 1996
- 23 February - Barb and Bob arrive in Chris's special ed class for a birthday celebration.
- 24 February - Christian's 14th birthday. He receives a Spyrius Robo-Guardian Lego set.
- 27 February - Pokémon Red and Green are released in Japan: the first appearance of Pikachu.
- Early Spring - Barbara retires from Secretarial Services at Virginia Power. Chris attends her retirement party.
- Late Spring - Christian graduates from Providence on honor roll.
- June/July - The Chandler family moves out of the Surrywood Subdivision, and starts living in the Newberry Towne Subdivision. According to Chris, some of the neighbors spread rumors about his family.
- 1 September - Christian begins his freshman year at Manchester High School.
- 4 September - Bob turns 69.
- 11 September - Ryan Cash is born.
- Autumn - Chris becomes a water boy for the varsity basketball team.
- 1 October - Barb turns 55.
- 12 October - BlueSpike is born.
- 2 November - Barb is given a ticket for "Curse and Abuse".
- 13 November - During basketball practice, Chris thinks up Bionic the Hedgehog.
In 1997, Chris is still studying happily at Manchester High School. He now also manages the school basketball team.
Events of 1997
- 1997 - Chris is rejected by Laura Dorazio.
- 1997 - Cole Smithey begins reviewing films.
- Winter/spring - Chris has an altercation with a black boy on the school bus and breaks his glasses. He is demoted to the short bus.
- 28 January - Barb is given a ticket for going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
- 14 February - Valentine's Day. At a dating match-up at school, Chris is paired up with cheerleader Molly Quarles.
- 24 February - Christian's 15th birthday.
- 1 April - The first episode of the Pokémon anime is broadcast in Japan; Pikachu becomes a cultural icon there.
- June - Christian allegedly had a prophetic dream about Sonic the Hedgehog appearing on Game Boy.
- 26 July - An mini-article is published in the Richmond Times Dispatch about how Bob corrected various news outlets about Old Ironsides and when the ship had last sailed under its own power.
- 5 August - Another Richmond Times-Dispatch article discusses Bob's correcting various news outlets about Old Ironsides and when the ship had last sailed under its own power.
- August/September - Christian begins his sophomore year at Manchester High School.
- 4 September - Bob's 70th birthday.
- 17 September - The death of Red Skelton.
- 1 October - Barbara's 56th birthday. Chris and Bob are photographed laughing like idiots.
- 10 November - Barb is given a ticket for having an expired license plate.
- 25 December - Chris receives a Cortland video camera, a Lego playset, a Snoopy doll, a Cartooning with Charles Schulz kit, Wave Race 64, Mischief Makers and an extra Nintendo 64 controller for Christmas. He also gives Bob a Yoshi plushie.
In 1998, Chris received an F in English class. This would hurt him severely, inspiring him to create the "Song of Christian" in retribution. Nevertheless, this year wasn't too unhappy for him; Pokémon debuted in America this year, eventually giving him another massive obsession that'd sow the seeds further for his magnum opus.
Events of 1998
- 1998 or 1999 - Chris unlocks the parental lock on his television and finds a porno movie. His raging hormones result in him discovering masturbation for the very first time.
- 1 January - Chris gives Cole a Lego sculpture of a rock band as a New Year's present.
- 2 February - Chris begins to wear the Pedo-Glasses according to his Diary. Note, however, that he was already wearing glasses during the bus incident which he claims happened in 1997.
- 24 February - Christian's 16th birthday.
- 14 May - Chris writes the Song of Christian.
- 15 May - Chris records himself reading Song of Christian and explaining it line by line for his English class.
- 4 June - Christian makes his Lego Raceway Animation.
- August/September - Christian begins his junior year at Manchester High School.
- 4 September - Chris records a KCWC "broadcast" on tape. Barbara "calls in" saying that she wants to request a song for Bob's 71st birthday, humoring him like he's six years old, when in reality, he was sixteen.
- 4 September - Bob turns 71.
- 8 September - The Pokémon anime makes its American debut through syndication. Chris becomes an avid fan.
- 8 September - Chris's chemistry class participates in a bingo game where students have to learn about each other in order to win.
- 17 September - Chris creates a map in his U.S. Government class about America's role in the Korean War.
- 30 September - Pokémon Red and Blue are released in America. Things would never be the same in the Chandler household.
- 1 October - Barb turns 57.
- 13 October - Chris draws a diagram of Dealey Plaza and the Kennedy assassination for his U.S. Government class.
- 15 October - Chris takes notes about the Women's Movement for his U.S. Government class. Also, Chris takes more notes about JFK's assassination.
- 19 October - Chris creates a map concerning America's role in the War in Southeast Asia.
- 29 October - Chris completes a worksheet about how to be safe within the home, and takes notes on the subject.
- 10 November - Chris completes an assignment for Spanish class about jobs.
- 17 November - Barbara is pulled over and given a ticket for disregarding a red light.
- 22 November - Chris completes a Review Sheet about Reagan and the Evil Empire. He receives a perfect score.
- 27 November - The Japanese release of Sega's final console, the Dreamcast.
- December - The Pokémon TCG is first introduced in North America.
- 4 December - Chris writes his rough draft of his Canterbury Tales essay.
- 7 December - Chris writes about his bedroom in Spanish and draws a picture of it. The depiction of his room is littered with video games.
- 10 December - Chris writes a final draft for his Canterbury Tales essay. He receives a 69, or a D+.
- 11 December - Chris writes the FCAs for his Canterbury Tales essay.
- 21 December - Chris completes a questionnaire concerning where he is on the political spectrum for his U.S. Government class. Chris concludes that he is a liberal.
- Main article: 1999
1999 saw the Pokémon franchise breaking big in America. During this time, Chris started making Pokémon-themed websites, and even got into the PokéNews. According to Lucas, Chris started showing up at The GAMe PLACe around this time. Chris also created many of his "original" Pokémon cards this year for his Wall of Originals.
- Mailbag 12
- The Sonichu Chronicles
- Based upon statements made by Christian in his Captain's Log, Stardate November 7th, 2007 video.
- IT TOOK A TALKING BEAR TO GIVE THE NAME A YOUNG BOY LOVES.
- As stated in the Sonic the Hedgehog Watch & Win Sweepstakes video.
- Partial article archive with publication date intact, Barbara Green - Richmond Times
- Date on DVD cover.
- From Court of Appeals of Virginia Case Information
- Joshua's thread on Kiwi Farms
- Claimed by Chris in his PowerPoint: 
- IRC (27 December 2008)
- Based on an estimate by Lucas in Mimms and Lucas Q&A.