The CWChronology (pronounced like "Quick-Chronology") is the timeline that documents every notable occurrence in Chris's life. It was started by Rach on 23 January 2009, on the oldskool PVCC, and since then it has been working like a news service. All data covering events prior to 23 January 2009, have been gathered through historical research. On 16 February 2009, the CWChronology moved to CWCki, so that now everybody can edit it.
Overview and terminology
The events and happenings of Chris's life do not always follow a clear, linear pattern. Chris has had quite a few busy months with much trolling action to be documented, punctuated by slow years with little new. Chris's life is not easy to predict, and much of it is told from Chris's perspective. As with many autistic individuals, Chris is known to quickly develop passions and obsessions, with some lasting longer than others. As such, a purely chronological view of Christory can be hard to follow for many.
Enter the saga. Sagas can include Chris's obsessions at the time, his responses to trolls, events that dramatically affected his life, beliefs, campaigns, and interactions with other people. Sagas are typically treated as landmarks within the CWC timeline. They are arbitrarily defined and typically reserved for significant events that are already well-documented – otherwise, there would be thousands of them.
Furthermore, sagas are separated into eras, where the overall climate surrounding Chris has changed drastically. These eras play a significant role in what can be considered a "saga". What can be considered a "saga" largely depends on how Chris's current mindset plays into it. Typically groups of events that best illustrate said climate within that era are considered "sagas". All in all, the one key element that defines all sagas is that Chris is the core of it.
CWChronologists use the term to describe an on-going trolling effort or other similar series of events that produces considerable drama over a period of time. Sagas might unfold over a period of anywhere from a few weeks to several years in length. Upon his online discovery in late 2007, Chris was found to have many hot buttons that made him susceptible to entrapment. As a result, he has been perpetually embroiled in some saga or another ever since. More often than not, he is trapped in more than one saga at a time, or found to be quickly jumping from the end of one to the beginning of the next. The term first came into widespread use with the Miyamoto Saga and has since been used to describe the overall events in a time period, as royal dynasties are used to divide national histories into epochs, yet Chris would describe his Love Quest as a saga on the cover of Sonichu 4 in 2005, well before he became publicly known.
Accessing the CWChronology
Years that have been covered in the CWChronology:
CWChronology rules and style guide
- Dates must somehow be relevant to Chris. For instance, trolling is only included in the CWChronology if it somehow affects Chris, otherwise it's not important enough. Exceptions can be made for dates that are relevant to the CWChronology itself.
- Lots of blue links. The CWChronology should be a portal to the rest of the CWCki.
- Lots of images. This makes it moar fun browsing. Best way to not let the images fuck up the layout is to just list them at the top of the article (see 2008). Also, make sure they are somewhat related to the text next to them.
- If two sources conflict, and give different dates for an occurrence, add them both, but mention the fact that the sources conflict.
- Occurrences in the Sonichu canon are also included, but they are noted as being in the Sonichu canon.
- Annotations aren't obligatory, but they are welcome. Especially if the date isn't considered as common knowledge, or if the inclusion is controversial.
- If multiple unrelated events take place on one day, they get separate entrances. They are listed in the order in which the events happened.
- Don't make style components up. It looks messy and will be reverted no matter how important the info is. Spare us and yourself the time.